GSP Looking for easy routes to championships?

I can't help but feel GSP is looking for the easiest way to become a champ again. He wasn't gunning for Rockhold, or Weidman but the second Bisping got the belt he's all game to go for MW. He didn't utter a word about Lawler, but as soon as a questionable Woodley gets the belt he's totally game to come back. Of course it doesn't help that Woodley would rather take "money" fights now.

Most will say he deserves to be able to pick and choose his fights based on his resume but this seems to me like the highest form of ducking. Nobody will ever call out a retired fighter for ducking fights, but that's exactly what it seems like he's doing. Seems like he's just looking for an easy route to a belt and not acknowledging an entire division of fighters that can prove to be much more than just a tune up fight for him.

What do you guys think?
Right now Bisping > Rockhold and Woodley > Lawler. He is asking to fight the champ and the champ is the best. Also I think he is targeting UFC 205 if he comes back at all. Guess we will see.

Right now Bisping > Rockhold and Woodley > Lawler. He is asking to fight the champ and the champ is the best. Also I think he is targeting UFC 205 if he comes back at all. Guess we will see.

yeah, that's how that works... Styles don't make fights, and Rockhold and Lawler are not more dangerous fights for GSP, the guys who beat them are. This is delusional trash.

Who would you prefer him to fight? If he is going to do this then you realize he is fighting the current champion, right? Number one ranked in the division at this point is Woodley who I would consider a far more dynamic fighter than Lawler. Tough to call GSP out on accepting a challenge he didn't initiate.

Anderson-Approves..gif

He did not duck Silva. He said he would fight Silva at 170. Silva never fought the best in the division above why does GSP have to move up and face the best? Can we then claim that Silva was ducking the 205 champion?

There is a reason they have weight classes.

Anderson was willing to fight at a catch weight below 185 - GSP still said no.

and weight class? Is that why GSP wants to fight Bisping at middleweight?

LoL. He's scared shitless of Anderson.

Once again, you can't duck a fighter in another weight class. If you find comfort in dissing a smaller fighter for not fighting the champ in a bigger weight class... good for you. But that means you think that pretty much all the champs that have ever been are "scared shitless". That's what you think, right?

And I guess you would be happy if GSP came back and fought someone who just lost 4 in a row and had trouble with Nick Diaz... I'm sure he wouldn't then be ducking Woodley.

I honestly don't think woodley is an easy fight for anybody. I do think wonderboy would beat him & very possibly stop him but anyone could get slept by tyron.

Can't duck someone in another weight class.

I'm sorry, I don't want to intrude on this "hater party", but there's already a couple of these on this forum, you could have just joined one of them.

Lol haters party!

Once again, you can't duck a fighter in another weight class.

LoL. Your logic has nut huggery all over it. GSP is terrified of Anderson. It's okay, we don't blame him, he would get embarrassed by Anderson.

I don't think woodley is an easier fight for GSP than Lawler.

LoL. Your logic has nut huggery all over it. GSP is terrified of Anderson. It's okay, we don't blame him, he would get embarrassed by Anderson.

It can't be nut huggery if it's consistent. I also don't think Silva is "scared shitless" of Jon Jones. And I don't think Jon Jones was "scared shitless" of Cain. But if you can't say that both Silva and JJ were scared shitless, then you are a blind hater. So go for it... say it.

And you think GSP would get embarassed by the guy who had trouble with Nick Diaz while being on PED and who struggles against wrestlers? If you want to believe so... Maybe, after all Silva is still bigger and GSP has been gone for 3 years has had surgery on both knees.

Last edited:
Woodley just destroyed Lawler. How is that an easier fight for GSP?

So he's game to fight a more athletic better wrestling version of Lawler but was scared of Lawler. Makes sense.

1300 posts in a month and not a single one that's relevant.

So he's game to fight a more athletic better wrestling version of Lawler but was scared of Lawler. Makes sense.

Spot on. I've seen more "GSP ducked robbie" bullshit on here...how on Earth is he ducking fighters when Woodley beat robbie at his own game. On top of that is a younger, stronger, faster fighter with better wrestling.

Robbie was an easier fight for gsp...the takedown / threat of one would have stifled robbie for 5 rounds. Whereas Woodley is the same archetype as GSP s toughest test in Hendricks.

As for calling out the mw champ...the guy that just whooped Anderson (minus a 10 second window) and KO do Rockhold. People are underestimating how dangerous he is.

of course he is. that is his entire m.o.

I can't help but feel GSP is looking for the easiest way to become a champ again. He wasn't gunning for Rockhold, or Weidman but the second Bisping got the belt he's all game to go for MW. He didn't utter a word about Lawler, but as soon as a questionable Woodley gets the belt he's totally game to come back. Of course it doesn't help that Woodley would rather take "money" fights now.

Most will say he deserves to be able to pick and choose his fights based on his resume but this seems to me like the highest form of ducking. Nobody will ever call out a retired fighter for ducking fights, but that's exactly what it seems like he's doing. Seems like he's just looking for an easy route to a belt and not acknowledging an entire division of fighters that can prove to be much more than just a tune up fight for him.

What do you guys think?
Maybe he didn't call out Lawlor cause he had a fight scheduled with Woodley in less than a month? Also, GSP never stated he wants to come back for just one fight, if he beats Woodley, Lawlor or Wonderboy would be next, so leave the ducking speculation aside.
I don't know how many fighters out there would pick Woodley as a "tune up" fight after a 3 year layoff, get real

GSP dominated three generations of WW. You motherfuckers dont respect nothing eeee.

Back