GSP Looking for easy routes to championships?

trilla

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I can't help but feel GSP is looking for the easiest way to become a champ again. He wasn't gunning for Rockhold, or Weidman but the second Bisping got the belt he's all game to go for MW. He didn't utter a word about Lawler, but as soon as a questionable Woodley gets the belt he's totally game to come back. Of course it doesn't help that Woodley would rather take "money" fights now.

Most will say he deserves to be able to pick and choose his fights based on his resume but this seems to me like the highest form of ducking. Nobody will ever call out a retired fighter for ducking fights, but that's exactly what it seems like he's doing. Seems like he's just looking for an easy route to a belt and not acknowledging an entire division of fighters that can prove to be much more than just a tune up fight for him.

What do you guys think?

It's clear as day. I'm not even sure if anyone would argue against you unless they're Quebec separatists.

GSP isn't getting flack because he's earned to fight who ever he wants.

What's with all of the GSP vitriol? GSP has never ducked anyone.

7th thread of that kind today.

Again, Maybe it's just because the UFC got screwed by Jones & Lesnar and need big name that they decide to finaly gave him a fair deal?

He is looking for easy routes to money. Fewer and fewer fighters care about belts and being on top as time goes by. All they care about is money.

GSP deserves to take whatever fight he wants. He knows the ball is in his court and he's playing smart.

You guys realize that Nate confirmed if Conor had defeated Nate, Conor was going to call GSP.

What's with all of the GSP vitriol? GSP has never ducked anyone.
Anderson-Approves..gif

You are right and it's not wrong.

I can't help but feel GSP is looking for the easiest way to become a champ again...

What do you guys think?
I think it would make much more sense to find the hardest path to the belt.

Can't duck someone in another weight class.

I'm sorry, I don't want to intrude on this "hater party", but there's already a couple of these on this forum, you could have just joined one of them.

Can't duck someone in another weight class.

I'm sorry, I don't want to intrude on this "hater party", but there's already a couple of these on this forum, you could have just joined one of them.

Anderson was willing to fight at a catch weight below 185 - GSP still said no.

and weight class? Is that why GSP wants to fight Bisping at middleweight?

LoL. He's scared shitless of Anderson.

GSP vs. Conor was probably the original comeback fight planned but Nate derailed that. Then GSP wanted Bisping but the UFC saw more $$ in the Hendo match. He was probably going to get matched up with the winner of the Lawler / Woodley match and it ended up to be Woodley. Did Lawler ever call out GSP? If Lawler did, GSP would have probably accepted.

Anderson was willing to fight at a catch weight below 185 - GSP still said no.

and weight class? Is that why GSP wants to fight Bisping at middleweight?

LoL. He's scared shitless of Anderson.

Does anyone know how big GSP is right now? He might feel he's big enough to compete with the smaller MWs now.

So Anderson ducked Jones right?

If he was looking for that he would've challenged that last lucky champ who lost to Carlos condit and is 1-1 against Fat Johhny barely eeking out a win. Woodley didn't lose to Condit and destroyed Robbie.

He's scared so instead of calling out the older fighter who should be ona 2 fight losing streak he calls out the young athletic champ who just KTFO the guy you think is so scary for decisioning Matt Brown.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how big GSP is right now? He might feel he's big enough to compete with the smaller MWs now.

So Anderson ducked Jones right?

Yes, and Anderson fully admitted to it. Not a big deal, Anderson was old as fuck and Jones was a young killer.

Doesn't change the fact that GSP is scared shitless of Anderson. He knows he would get KO'd brutally.

When Nunes won the belt I was kinda waiting for GSP to say he was interested in fighting her.

Back