GSP left the sport YEARS ago. Why are people here STILL triggered by his achievements?

Only triggered ones are making threads defending his honor

Have some Vaseline and calm down

Now they sit on their couches waiting for a big payday
Nate fought twice in the last year and Nick has been retired from fighting for almost 5 years now. They also have business ventures on the side. But yeah, stoners are lazy or some shit.

Silva didn't have to make up a story that he and Jon were friends, he's said before he didn't want to fight Jon and has implied that Jon would beat him. pretty much ducking Jon in a gracious manner. in return, Jon Jones paid him respect and said he didn't want to fight him either.

being the greatest (insert weight class here) doesn't mean you're the greatest fighter in the world. if Anderson Silva thought he was the greatest LHW of all time he wouldn't have spent a vast majority of his career at MW. if GSP thought he could beat Anderson he'd have fought him.

like i said, there's nothing wrong with ducking. if you think the other guy is better, what's the point of stepping in there just to take a beating? all i'm saying is, his fans should come to this realization too. fighters are humans, you ever seen Michael Spinks vs Mike Tyson? Spinks is a fighter, but he was still scared because he knew Tyson was going to wreck him. everyone has their boogeyman, people need to stop pretending fighters aren't humans and are fearless robots.

I'd add just one thing -- GSP didn't want to fight Anderson at 185, Anderson didn't want to fight GSP at 170, though both could have made either weight division (Anderson not only had fought at 170, he wanted to fight Conor at 170 ). Basically, both knew they would lose at the other guy's weight division, and neither wanted a cache weight fight (Anderson mentioned it once then never again) because it'd lose all the casual PPV money.

There's a reason for weight divisions. Bigger fighters tend to beat smaller fighters, unless the bigger fighter drains himself cutting in size.

GSP is no question the WW GOAT and one of the greatest fighters ever.

His fans are on the hand are something else, lol...

Since he's been retired for a while now every so often you will see them come out of the woodworks to create a thread about GSP. Whether it's why Jon Jones sucking. Or Khabib never being as GOAT. Or a potential match up vs Khabib/Conor, they will create it in name of GSP's balls

If it was already against the rules when he did it, why did they have to change the rules afterwards? If it wasn't against the rules, how was it cheating?

Complaining about cheating was odd coming from BJ, who in his fights eye-poked, held onto chokes after the ref told him to release, and held onto pants -- and I say that as someone who thought Penn should have gotten the decision in his first fight against GSP. Hypocrisy is pretty hard to take, and I suspect that's one reason why even people who don't like GSP took his side against Penn -- no one likes a hypocrite.

I'm not sure if you're actually stupid or just acting stupid.

I'm not a BJ fan, far from it. But greasing your body before the fight was always cheating and always against the rules. The reason why they had to make a new rule is because GSPs corner took the vaseline that was supposed to be on his face only and applied it on his upper body in between rounds.

I'd add just one thing -- GSP didn't want to fight Anderson at 185, Anderson didn't want to fight GSP at 170, though both could have made either weight division (Anderson not only had fought at 170, he wanted to fight Conor at 170 ). Basically, both knew they would lose at the other guy's weight division, and neither wanted a cache weight fight (Anderson mentioned it once then never again) because it'd lose all the casual PPV money.

There's a reason for weight divisions. Bigger fighters tend to beat smaller fighters, unless the bigger fighter drains himself cutting in size.
Drained themselves? Yeah right tell that to EPO Dillashaw. If you’re better unless the person isn’t ridiculously stronger fiber for fiber you will win.

Silva didn't have to make up a story that he and Jon were friends, he's said before he didn't want to fight Jon and has implied that Jon would beat him. pretty much ducking Jon in a gracious manner. in return, Jon Jones paid him respect and said he didn't want to fight him either.

being the greatest (insert weight class here) doesn't mean you're the greatest fighter in the world. if Anderson Silva thought he was the greatest LHW of all time he wouldn't have spent a vast majority of his career at MW. if GSP thought he could beat Anderson he'd have fought him.

like i said, there's nothing wrong with ducking. if you think the other guy is better, what's the point of stepping in there just to take a beating? all i'm saying is, his fans should come to this realization too. fighters are humans, you ever seen Michael Spinks vs Mike Tyson? Spinks is a fighter, but he was still scared because he knew Tyson was going to wreck him. everyone has their boogeyman, people need to stop pretending fighters aren't humans and are fearless robots.
You can't duck someone that isn't in your weight class. You have 0 obligation to fight someone in a higher weightclass.

I'm not sure if you're actually stupid or just acting stupid.

I'm not a BJ fan, far from it. But greasing your body before the fight was always cheating and always against the rules. The reason why they had to make a new rule is because GSPs corner took the vaseline that was supposed to be on his face only and applied it on his upper body in between rounds.

I think its fairly safe to assume that I'm actually stupid. However even stopped clocks are right twice a day, so I may be right this time. Basically, if it was already against the rules to take the vaseline on his face and spread it against his body, then why would they need to create a new rule instead of simply enforcing the already existing one? New rules are introduced to cover cases not handled by existing rules.

For that matter, there's a fairly widely seen gif of Anderson taking the grease from his face and rubbing it across his body while moving around the cage pre-fight. There was no way the ref and judges could have missed seeing it (he was doing it very openly, as if he thought it was a normal activity), and yet he wasn't punished either.

People here are still upset at things Mousasi fanboys said 11 years ago and things Fedor fanboys said years before that <Lmaoo>

MMA fans are a petty and vindictive bunch

You can't duck someone that isn't in your weight class. You have 0 obligation to fight someone in a higher weightclass.
Please kind Sir can you point to the word duck in anything I said. It may be hard to see while staring in GSP's navel

His sick fans are the only ones unwilling to leave the past behind. They have an unhealthy obsession with him. This thread is an example.

I can respect your opinion. I totally get the argument for Jones, I personally can’t get past the is what we are seeing real part. Or did PEDs heavily influence his results in that cage?

I understand that POV, but he is still winning.. albeit, the haters say "barely" - but he is still fighting the top guys at his weight class and winning - an ugly win is better than an exciting loss. The guy has never lost a fight outside of the elbows on hamill, but we all know he was winning.

No shame, but it removes him from the GOAT conversation IMO. He should not have lost that fight, let alone get his clock cleaned. Matt Serra was a fine fighter, but not on GSPs level.

It doesn't affect his GOAT status at all as his resume since that fight is a better resume than anyone else on the list.

If Matt Serra is a problem for gsp, then gono and hammill eliminate Silva and Jones respectively

The Serra loss doesn't mean much.

He crushed him in the rematch.

Serra had a 3rd opportunity to fight GSP when he fought Hughes (the only other guy to beat Georges) and lost.

I have GSP as GOAT on account of not popping, beating everyone he ever fought, moving up in weight, defending the Hel out of the belt, and clearing out his division.

GSP is the goat
he got away with greasing against a giant BJ Penn, who was too dangerous for him at this time
and he managed to break Hendrix hands with his face, very few mma athlete use this secret technique
GSP-FACE.jpg

It doesn't affect his GOAT status at all as his resume since that fight is a better resume than anyone else on the list.

If Matt Serra is a problem for gsp, then gono and hammill eliminate Silva and Jones respectively

Except Jones didn't get knocked out by Hamill. If you have 2 eyes and a brain, you know who was winning that fight.

GSP legitimately got finished by Serra.

I understand that POV, but he is still winning.. albeit, the haters say "barely" - but he is still fighting the top guys at his weight class and winning - an ugly win is better than an exciting loss. The guy has never lost a fight outside of the elbows on hamill, but we all know he was winning.
He has been a very exciting and dynamic fighter at points in his career. At the end of the day as we both agreed, it just comes down to personal criteria. And I agree on an ugly win being better than an exciting loss.

Back