GSP left the sport YEARS ago. Why are people here STILL triggered by his achievements?

I like GSP a lot and respect him and he is undoubtedly one of the greats of the sport.

He is also not the GOAT like some argue. The GOAT doesn't get KO'd by Matt fuckin' Serra.

I like GSP a lot and respect him and he is undoubtedly one of the greats of the sport.

He is also not the GOAT like some argue. The GOAT doesn't get KO'd by Matt fuckin' Serra.

There's no shame in that

The guy in your avi lost to one eyed Bisping, and so did Silva. Yet, GSP put that very same time frame Bisping, to sleep.

Are you implying that GSP was natty when he was fighting??!!!!

Are you kid or something?

He's just as natty as Yoel, Jon Jones and rest of the various cheaters.
Jeez are you one of these generation z guys who can't read more than 6 pages straight?

Even though he never came out and said it, it was pretty clear he never had any intention of fighting Silva, which is fine. It's not on him to ever leave his weightclass. As it stands, he defended his belt at all comers, took time off and came back to defeat the mw champ
Part of the allure he maintained especially for those of us who found him boring was the potential of that super fight. Him not just saying no kept hope alive. That troll job in particular I would give it a pass but everything else I stated along with that troll job... I cant get jiggy wit that shit

All of the GOAT candidates have arguments against them. Some have been ko’d/subbed, some have been finished many times, some have been outright flatlined and some have multiple failed PED tests. Guess it depends on what your personal disqualification criteria is?

The guy in your avi lost to one eyed Bisping, and so did Silva. Yet, GSP put that very same time frame Bisping, to sleep.

I never claimed the guy in my avi or Bisping is the GOAT lol

All of the GOAT candidates have arguments against them. Some have been ko’d/subbed, some have been finished many times, some have been outright flatlined and some have multiple failed PED tests. Guess it depends on what your personal disqualification criteria is?

Agreed but, in my opinion, when choosing the best fighter of all time, you don't pick a guy who got KO'd by someone he clearly should have beaten.

There's no shame in that

No shame, but it removes him from the GOAT conversation IMO. He should not have lost that fight, let alone get his clock cleaned. Matt Serra was a fine fighter, but not on GSPs level.

Tapped to strikes.

Got beat three times in his prime.

Left once the competition caught up with him.

Refuses to fight for a prolonged period under USADA even though he needs the money.

The only fight he took was cherry picked against the worst middle weight champion of the past 2 decades that ducked everyone and almost got finished by near 50 yo Dan Henderson.

Accuses people of using PEDS and tries to make them undergo stricter testing when he is more suspect than they are and they haven’t failed a drug test either. When Johnny Hendricks asked for his own testing to be added GSP needed to know what they were going to be testing for and never accepted, meaning whoever they were going to pay for Hendricks was probably rigged in GSP’s favor or he had some shit that was not yet detectable.

Last edited:
Agreed but, in my opinion, when choosing the best fighter of all time, you don't pick a guy who got KO'd by someone he clearly should have beaten.
I understand what you’re trying to say. But if you’re in the GOAT conversation shouldn’t you be the favorite in every fight? The Serra fight was a huge misstep for GSP, thankfully he avenged that loss.
I think just about every fighter has a misstep somewhere along the way. Whether it’s a loss that should have never happened or well...
I think it’s did that fighter learn from it and become better afterwards? Just my opinion.

I understand what you’re trying to say. But if you’re in the GOAT conversation shouldn’t you be the favorite in every fight? The Serra fight was a huge misstep for GSP, thankfully he avenged that loss.
I think just about every fighter has a misstep somewhere along the way. Whether it’s a loss that should have never happened or well...
I think it’s did that fighter learn from it and become better afterwards? Just my opinion.

Of course and I respect GSP and I know he is definitely in the conversation. I'm not shitting on him for losing to Serra - Serra is a professional fighter who trained for that - and GSP did avenge it like you said. IMO the GOAT doesn't lose a fight like that.

In my opinion, Jon Jones is the GOAT performance wise - and I know people don't want to include him in the conversation due to his out-of-the-cage issues/PEDs, etc.

As you said, the entire GOAT conversation is based on personal perspective and opinion.

Silva, Jones, Conor, Diaz and Khabib fans need to learn to respect the achievements of one of the best fighters ever.

Every poster here sounds like a butthurt Koscheck when they mention GSP.
probably because GSP fanboys are still desperately trying to claim him to be GOAT.
Seems like GSP fanboys are the ones who should learn to respect other fighter's achievements and stop trying to push their fighter above them.

Cant omit the Silva scared to death of Jones part too. It's precisely why he made up the story that he and Jon, someone he can't even have a conversation with were friends.

Aldo scared of LW. Fedor scared of UFC. MM scared of BW.

All ducks. All the alleged GOATs are ducks

Silva didn't have to make up a story that he and Jon were friends, he's said before he didn't want to fight Jon and has implied that Jon would beat him. pretty much ducking Jon in a gracious manner. in return, Jon Jones paid him respect and said he didn't want to fight him either.

being the greatest (insert weight class here) doesn't mean you're the greatest fighter in the world. if Anderson Silva thought he was the greatest LHW of all time he wouldn't have spent a vast majority of his career at MW. if GSP thought he could beat Anderson he'd have fought him.

like i said, there's nothing wrong with ducking. if you think the other guy is better, what's the point of stepping in there just to take a beating? all i'm saying is, his fans should come to this realization too. fighters are humans, you ever seen Michael Spinks vs Mike Tyson? Spinks is a fighter, but he was still scared because he knew Tyson was going to wreck him. everyone has their boogeyman, people need to stop pretending fighters aren't humans and are fearless robots.

I beg to differ. He was caught blatantly cheating vs BJ Penn, but instead of getting punished they let him off the hook and changed the rules so that others couldn't do it afterwards. Come to think of it, they did the same for Jones lol.

If it was already against the rules when he did it, why did they have to change the rules afterwards? If it wasn't against the rules, how was it cheating?

Complaining about cheating was odd coming from BJ, who in his fights eye-poked, held onto chokes after the ref told him to release, and held onto pants -- and I say that as someone who thought Penn should have gotten the decision in his first fight against GSP. Hypocrisy is pretty hard to take, and I suspect that's one reason why even people who don't like GSP took his side against Penn -- no one likes a hypocrite.

Of course and I respect GSP and I know he is definitely in the conversation. I'm not shitting on him for losing to Serra - Serra is a professional fighter who trained for that - and GSP did avenge it like you said. IMO the GOAT doesn't lose a fight like that.

In my opinion, Jon Jones is the GOAT performance wise - and I know people don't want to include him in the conversation due to his out-of-the-cage issues/PEDs, etc.

As you said, the entire GOAT conversation is based on personal perspective and opinion.
I can respect your opinion. I totally get the argument for Jones, I personally can’t get past the is what we are seeing real part. Or did PEDs heavily influence his results in that cage?

Back