GSP lack of footwork against Hendricks

It depends, this isn't all.

While Hendricks had the less volume in his punches, his shots did the most and was of course hard shots.

He also had the advantage in the clinch for most of the fight.
So his significant strikes were more significanter than GSP's?
For me there were two issues: first is GSP bruises easily and Hendricks doesn't. Second, most of Hendricks snignificant strikes were to the head while GSP had a lot of them to the body.

Also, let's be honest. Hendricks was on some serious shit back then.

Hendricks / GSP was very close, I watched several times. My feeling is that you have to beat the champ to take the title. Hendrix did not beat the champ.

So his significant strikes were more significanter than GSP's?
For me there were two issues: first is GSP bruises easily and Hendricks doesn't. Second, most of Hendricks snignificant strikes were to the head while GSP had a lot of them to the body.

Also, let's be honest. Hendricks was on some serious shit back then.

Yes - it appears that Hendricks was on some serious shit but GSP was too. It least it appears that way to me.

200.gif
Can't tell if that's a gif or a picture

Yes - it appears that Hendricks was on some serious shit but GSP was too. It least it appears that way to me.
Maybe but since he retired the only thing we can say about him is that he was quite muscular and had low body fat. Hendricks on other hands looks like a shell of his former self. First against Thompson, then against Castellum.

Maybe but since he retired the only thing we can say about him is that he was quite muscular and had low body fat. Hendricks on other hands looks like a shell of his former self. First against Thompson, then against Castellum.

Yep, very true. He looks 20 lbs lighter for his last couple of fights and far less powerful. Like you said, a shell of his pre - USADA days.

He is not alone, a lot of guys look "different" since testing began.

GSP looked worse and worse towards the end of his career.

Shields, Diaz, Condit, and Hendricks.

You could see the decline. Losing rounds to Shields
Against Diaz, he did nothing but lay on him and gas.. To the point Diaz was stuffing his takedowns in round 5.

Condit he got headkicked and knocked down.. Still looked ok

Hendricks, wins but gets fucked up doing so

It depends, this isn't all.

While Hendricks had the less volume in his punches, his shots did the most and was of course hard shots.

He also had the advantage in the clinch for most of the fight.

Agree. Hendricks did more damage and had more octagon control. He out wrestled GSP by always having underhooks.

GSP looked worse and worse towards the end of his career.

Shields, Diaz, Condit, and Hendricks.

You could see the decline. Losing rounds to Shields
Against Diaz, he did nothing but lay on him and gas.. To the point Diaz was stuffing his takedowns in round 5.

Condit he got headkicked and knocked down.. Still looked ok

Hendricks, wins but gets fucked up doing so

I actually rewatched GSP-Diaz the other day and it's wrong to say he did nothing but lay on Nick. There were plenty of standup exchanges and GSP won most of them. Nick did seem like the fresher one of the two by the end of the fight - maybe because Georges got cut.

I actually rewatched GSP-Diaz the other day and it's wrong to say he did nothing but lay on Nick. There were plenty of standup exchanges and GSP won most of them. Nick did seem like the fresher one of the two by the end of the fight - maybe because Georges got cut.
I just feel like, if they kept fighting.. Nick would have won.

And after 25 minutes. Nick didn't have a scrape on him. GSP landed some good strikes, but he used his size and strength to just hold Diaz and avoid a fight.

That kind of shit is why I don't like GSP.. But I can respect him. He won on the scorecards

ACL injuries and their effect are real. Georges was definitely hurt by it. You can tell by his lack of explosiveness, lateral movement, footwork and takedown effectiveness. And he still beat those guys.

I've also got no issues with awarding Hendricks that fight, but I still had George 3 to 2. Johnny dominated the rounds he won. GSP scraped by in two and soundly won the fifth.

Back