GSP> Jones cant dispute it anymore

Yep you are new and quite slow.....let’s just leave out former UFC champions in Tim Sylvia, Arlovski along with big dudes such as Herring, Big Nog, Hunt.

Only Zulu and Hong Man? Man you got to do better research than just Fightfinder....LOL!
Weight wise, Arlovski and Nog weren’t really big compared to Fedor.

Weight wise, Arlovski and Nog weren’t really big compared to Fedor.
AA was 6’4 247lbs when he fought Fedor(231lbs) in Affliction.

Nog was a lean 245lbs the last fight against Fedor in Pride. GSP would never fight Silva or any of the actual MWs that posed a threat .....Bisping was the only one he came out of retirement for.

20090123061635_IMG_8119.JPG

Last edited:
Jones also never got Ko’d by Matt sera

4/5 of Jones fights under enhanced testing where he didn't piss hot are his worst performances in the octagon, with 2 controversial decisions in a row.

AA was 6’4 247lbs when he fought Fedor(231lbs) in Affliction.

Nog was a lean 245lbs the last fight against Fedor in Pride. GSP would never fight Silva or any of the actual MWs that posed a threat .....Bisping was the only one he came out of retirement for.

20090123061635_IMG_8119.JPG
I thought it was 237 Arlovski 230 Fedor. But it really doesn’t matter. Hw has the biggest range so of course guys will be fighting bigger guys.

no. Bader would NOT be a top 5 LHW rn. He loses to Bones,Reyes,Smith,Volkan,Walker,Anderson and Rakic.

lmao what

no he would not

bones and maybe Reyes

everybody else is a W

sleeping on Bader... cause he’s in Bellator now? Ridiculous

Fedor is the GOAT to me. Yeah he crushed a lot of cans. He also crushed all the top HWs in the world in his prime because they were in PRIDE, not the UFC. Why this gets overlooked... is just stupid. It’s the most common case of recency bias with MMA fans. And then when he did fight them?

Well he was past his prime and he brutally finished 2 of them in a row. The only one he didn’t get to fight was Couture, who in my opinion he would have beat too. He also did not fight Barnett, who despite having to use MMAth here, went 1-4 against Cro cop and Big Nog whom Fedor bested once and twice, respectfully, and had the NC with Big Nog.

Fedor was the best.

Jones has kicked everyone’s ass minus three fights. He took an L for elbows. He beat Gustaffson in a fight many of us (myself included) scores for Alex. He fought Santos and won a split decision, in a very close fight that was not a robbery. He won a UD a few weeks ago against a guy I thought did enough to win 3-2 but he made the mistake of coasting in rounds 4 and 5 and that cost him.

This does not change the fact that’s a W for Jones in the record books. If Jones continues to win he is going to usurp the GOAT status for me from Fedor. He is truly great at fighting and has consistently won at the top of this game for many years.

GSP avenged every loss he ever took in brutal fashion. He came out of retirement and beat the champion a weight class above him decisively. His one blemish after these fights is the Hendricks controversy. Once again, not a robbery. Round 1 was close. I gave it to Hendricks. But you can’t coast in this game. You fight from BELL TO BELL if you want to win.

His accomplishments can’t be ignored for the same reason that Jones’s can’t be. In the records books, it’s a W. I had Hendricks winning that fight myself but it wasn’t so ridiculous that I lost any sleep over it. He coasted against Lawler in the rematch too and it cost him his title.

tl:dr

My GOAT rankings

Fedor
Jones
GSP
Anderson

kind of like Muhammad Ali. Sugar ray Robinson and Leonard and tommy hearns and Roberto Duran. And about any fighter who ever lived except a handful.

I take it your new to combat sports. There’s a time when a fughter is last it. And sometimes they carry on for years with many bad losses.

and a knowledgeable fan who’s partaken or followed the sport knows this.

this is twilight zone type shit I have to say this on a fighting forum.
When did I say I wasn't aware of any of this? thats why I consider Floyd the GOAT of boxing and Jon the GOAT of MMA.

Yet to see anyone at ww that makes me think they could have beat him.
Age is the only thing that can beat him imo.

I agree. Woodley looked like a potentially tough fight but after what Usman did and with such ease... GSP would’ve 5 round swept him. Prime Kos would probably give this state of WW fits.

I agree. Woodley looked like a potentially tough fight but after what Usman did and with such ease... GSP would’ve 5 round swept him. Prime Kos would probably give this state of WW fits.

GSPs protege, Rory McDonald, made woodley look like an infant , imagine what GSP would’ve done

GSPs protege, Rory McDonald, made woodley look like an infant , imagine what GSP would’ve done

woodley is too tentative. GSP would’ve jammed jabs down his throat all day. Potentially secured a late sub. I don’t see anyone that would remotely give GSP problems.

I thought GSP won 3 rounds to 2. Obviously so did the judges. Jones had a few gifted wins as well.so ir happens

You though incorrectly. Hendricks won 3 rounds. He was robbed. And GSP fans accused him of being on PEDs without proof.

Based on what criteria? It was a close fight and could have gone either way but ultimately the UFC scoring system (whether or not you endorse it) scored the fight in GSP's favor.

Personally I thought it was 2-2 going into the 5th and for some inexplicable reason, Hendricks took his foot off the gas. Maybe he was tired but he didn't do much in round 5.

If the fight occurred today under the revised 10-8 scoring rules it's possible Hendricks might have gotten a 10-8 in one of the rounds he won from sheer damage. Mind you under current rules Hendricks would be a shell of himself thanks to USADA testing and banned IV.

And GSP would not? Does GSP even compete under "current USADA testing"? A one-time trip against Bisping does not count. Hendricks didn't test positive, so that goes both ways.

Hendricks clearly won the 5th round. He lost the 1st round....that was a close round.

It doesn't really matter in the greater issue that, Jones is a much greater of all time than GSP fans can aspire their guy to be.

GSP fight in steroid era and was good but prime Jones is the best fighter ever

Jones fought outside the steroid era and got caught for them. All we can do is suspect GSP but with Jones we have confirmation.

This. He has a loss and an NC for fighting dirty in 2 different ways.
Jones has proven with his actions inside and outside the cage that, indisputably, he is a cheat or too dumb to stop accidentally cheating, despite constant warnings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back