GSP is the most triumphant MMA fighter of the Year!

Nah, nice win and everything but far from fight of the year and most triumphant fighter of the year like you call it. Guess Benson Henderson's achievement in 2012 is really hard to top

Is was good and the irony of KZ winning with that sub made it sweet...but let's consider the significance of GSP vs Condit, how Georges rallied back against a possible KO shot and then dominated a game opponent.

Its one of those fights that historians will talk about like Ali-Fraser

It definitely isn't. I don't even think the fight was that great.

Unquestionably the most triumphant fighter of the year.

To start with, it wasn't a great year for the MMA fans at all.
But my vote goes for Cormier - Barnett.
Pierre - Condit might be the second.

He's just butthurt cause Liverpool can't win a match lol.

118_10_fergie_468x353.jpg

Fuck me. That disgusting auld farts mug almost gave me an heart attack then.

Everyone expected him to come back from injury looking past his prime.

Everyone thought Condit would either KO him or lose to a boring decision.

Instead Georges comes back and has the best fight of the year.

What a champion!

gsp-punching.png

Except the oddsmakers and the massive swell of GSP fans

KZ vs Poirier is a good choice for fight of the year, just like GSP vs Condit was.

Both extremely intense fights in their own ways.

This. GSP-Condit was exciting on a more technical level and it was a title fight with more drama.

Definitely a great fight even though I can understand if someone prefers Poirier-KZ or Lauzon-Varner.

i would not call that anything near the best fight of the yr.

This. GSP-Condit was exciting on a more technical level and it was a title fight with more drama.

Definitely a great fight even though I can understand if someone prefers Poirier-KZ or Lauzon-Varner.

Unfortunately, there are those that just can't give credit where credit is due, just because they can't see past their hate.

Pretty rampant around here...

I find it fair. he has a point, what's your point?

That GSP vs Condit was not fight of the year and GSP, while it's a highly debatable, is not the most "triumphant" fighter this year. Need any more questions answered stud?

You must have ben living in some paralel universe leading up to the fight, everyone's prediction was 50-45 GSP. JDS will be the most triumphant fighter of the year if he KOs Cain again.

lol you guys absolutely DIGSUST me with this gsp love here. He had two good rounds then almost got corcopped and spent the next 2 1/2 rounds in safe mode. How is that the fight of the year? What about guys like Benson who defended his belt twice this year? what about Bones who beat rashad and vitor? what about Gus he beat thiago silva and Shogun? how the hell does georges get any recognition as foy when he fought once and had a subpar performance at best. what a joke this place is.

lol you guys absolutely DIGSUST me with this gsp love here. He had two good rounds then almost got corcopped and spent the next 2 1/2 rounds in safe mode. How is that the fight of the year? What about guys like Benson who defended his belt twice this year? what about Bones who beat rashad and vitor? what about Gus he beat thiago silva and Shogun? how the hell does georges get any recognition as foy when he fought once and had a subpar performance at best. what a joke this place is.

LOL this guy is so butthurt.

The title of the thread was "the most triumphant". The fact you can't appreciate the concept of a fighter not only winning the way GSP did but looking as impressive as he did coming off one of the worst injuries any athlete can ever have to their career only says what a joke you are. The only people calling his performance "subpar" are clowns on Sherdog forums. Funny how most fighters/analysts of the sport consider what he did against Condit to be superb.

That GSP vs Condit was not fight of the year and GSP, while it's a highly debatable, is not the most "triumphant" fighter this year. Need any more questions answered stud?

Then you're just a troll, why not expose your point as you just did rather than trying to look like a smartass? GSP being the most triumphant and that his fight was FOTY is debatable but its not crazy so shut up will ya?

Bitter BJ fan is bitter.

Back