GSP is the most gifted athlete I've ever seen in any sport

What sports did the UK medal in? Are we done....SMH

Also, the law of small numbers.

Loads of sports. Cycling, swimming etc. Why does it matter? Literally 5-6 of USAs gold medals every Olympics are won by 1 swimmer. I mean why is it so hard to admit you aren't superior?

Well, take away all the shit like ping pong and synchronized swimming, and we disproportionately win the most medals even with the vast majority of our best athletes pursuing professional sports. Take any international sport that we actually participate in to any degree like basketball or track and field and we completely fucking dominate. Is this even a question? LOL

We would fucking obliterate Europeans in soccer if that's what our best athletes played, but soccer is sorta what you do if you suck at Football in the states. Like most high school football teams in the U.S. could beat their soccer teams with a few weeks of practice.

Yes big black dudes exist in other parts of the world, but there's nowhere on the other side of the pond like Detroit or New Orleans were pretty much every public school has produced multiple world class athletes.

doubt that man.

Soccers Talent pool is super super super Deep.

I bet the Talent pool in Germany alone is deeper than NFL & Rugby and Pretty much all Combat Sports combined.

Americans think one fat slob covered in padding and a helmet holding another fat slob covered in covered in padding and a helmet for a few seconds before the play is over is peak athlete.

But I guess they are so exhausted after a couple of plays they get to rest for 10 minutes before coming back on the field.

Basketballers are a bit more athletic but they only play 30-40 minutes with minimal contact.
I feel like you're equating jogging to athletic ability. This funny to me.
Go sprint 40 yards and rest for 30 seconds. Repeat this for 10 minutes and tell me running a 10 minute mile is any harder.

You win 46 gold medals at the last Olympics.

16 of these were won in swimming <45>

Take them away and you’ve got a medal count similar to the UK with 5 times the population.

#alevelcountry

I feel like you're equating jogging to athletic ability. This funny to me.
Go sprint 40 yards and rest for 30 seconds. Repeat this for 10 minutes and tell me running a 10 minute mile is any harder.

No one is equating jogging to athletic ability. That’s just some fiction you’re inventing in your head.

No NFL player sprints 40 yards 10 times with only 30 seconds between each break.

doubt that man.

Soccers Talent pool is super super super Deep.

I bet the Talent pool in Germany alone is deeper than NFL & Rugby and Pretty much all Combat Sports combined.
We compete on the world stage in soccer with shit athletes.

The proof that we would dominate in men's soccer is in women's soccer. Soccer is a somewhat popular female sport in the states, and guess what.......we da best. If it didn't overlap with volleyball in HS sports, we would dominate even more.

We compete on the world stage in soccer with shit athletes.

The proof that we would dominate in men's soccer is in women's soccer. Soccer is a somewhat popular female sport in the states, and guess what.......we da best. If it didn't overlap with volleyball in HS sports, we would dominate even more.

<45>

Nobody outside of the US actually gives a fuck about women’s football mate. Women’s MMA is a higher level than women’s football ffs.

But congratulations on winning another competition that nobody actually takes seriously.

No one is equating jogging to athletic ability. That’s just some fiction you’re inventing in your head.

No NFL player sprints 40 yards 10 times with only 30 seconds between each break.
Have you ever watched a football game?
The play clock is only 40 seconds. WTF do you think a defensive back does every time the ball is passed?

<45>

Nobody outside of the US actually gives a fuck about women’s football mate. Women’s MMA is a higher level than women’s football ffs.

But congratulations on winning another competition that nobody actually takes seriously.
Nobody cares about women's football in the U.S. either. I'm talking about soccer. You know, the silly game where you can't use your hands

Have you ever watched a football game?
The play clock is only 40 seconds. WTF do you think a defensive back does every time the ball is passed?

They used to show EPL here but other than that the only football I watch is when the World Cup is on.

If you’re talking about hand egg. Doesn’t the defence go off the field if they don’t get the 4th down? So how would they be able to do 10 x 40 yard sprints with 30 second breaks if they are off the field getting a rest to adjust their pads?

You're dying for a response huh? Sounding very pathetic.

You could train your whole life to be an elite ping pong player and never get there either, that goes for A-level to S-tier athletes. And your point is? Cycling doesn't require much athleticism whatsoever, it's solely endurance basically. Ping Pong is solely reflexes and hand eye + the skill. Checkmate retard.
My point is, arbitrarily claiming that athletes in sports like Basketball are more deserving of the title of "elite athlete" than people who hold records in endurance based sports is low IQ. It makes no sense to claim NBA players are "superior athletes" to Tour De France record holders.

It comes down to YOU arbitrarily claiming that YOUR low IQ shit for brains opinion about athletics and sports is valid. It's not. You have a low IQ and your opinion isn't valid.

Nobody cares about women's football in the U.S. either. I'm talking about soccer. You know, the silly game where you can't use your hands

No, you’re talking about real football. You know, the type of football played by the entire world and played using your feet. Hence, football.

Also the most popular women’s sport in the US and the 4th most popular men’s sport.

<45>

I think the US should probably focus a bit on football considering they got wrecked by Trinidad and Tobago lmao.

incredible how dumb some ppl are

so what you’re saying is pretty much anybody can be elite sprinter or marathon runner?

of course you can improve some aspects of your athletic ability, but elite athletes are born with specific set of muscle fibres.

That’s why a marathon runner would never be able to become an elite sprinter n vice versa.
If you train your body to maximize type 2a muscle fibers, you will increase vertical jump and sprinting speed. But for things like that, stature is very important - almost all elite sprinters are tall and almost all elite marathon runners are short. That's a different attribute, though.

BTW I am far FAR more intelligent and educated than you, you shouldn't talk about how "dumb some people are" when you're talking to someone smarter than you.

They used to show EPL here but other than that the only football I watch is when the World Cup is on.

If you’re talking about hand egg. Doesn’t the defence go off the field if they don’t get the 4th down? So how would they be able to do 10 x 40 yard sprints with 30 second breaks if they are off the field getting a rest to adjust their pads?
Every time you move the ball 10 yards, you get a first down. If a team drives down the field and takes 10 plays to do so, a defensive back is sprinting every play. It would be rare that a team only passed every single play, but even on run plays a defensive back is still fighting through blocks and sprinting at 100%.

As someone that played both football and basketball, certain positions in football require more cardio. While I never played soccer past grade school. we played in PE all the time in HS. It's not as tiring as football IMO because you're going 100% constantly, and you're not getting hit over and over. In football you go balls out pretty much every play. In basketball, we used to play in tournaments with multiple games in a day. You could never do that with football. Your ass is done after 4 quarters of that shit unless you're playing quarterback or something.

giphy.gif

No, you’re talking about real football. You know, the type of football played by the entire world and played using your feet. Hence, football.

Also the most popular women’s sport in the US and the 4th most popular men’s sport.
It's not even remotely close to being the 4th most popular men's sport in the U.S.

Track & field, wrestling, tennis, cross country, etc are more popular.
Soccer is popular with Mexicans though, so who knows? White's and blacks don't play soccer if they're good at sport usually.

I am a big basketball, futbol, and boxing fan and GSP is still the best I've seen

Close second is LeBron and Ronaldo
GSP is the best athlete in MMA, LeBron, Ronaldo, Crosby, TO and hundreds if not 1000s beat him athletically

It's not even remotely close to being the 4th most popular men's sport in the U.S.

Track & field, wrestling, tennis, cross country, etc are more popular.
Soccer is popular with Mexicans though, so who knows? White's and blacks don't play soccer if they're good at sport usually.

You’re falling into the trap of making broad generalisations based on your own experience, as you have been all thread.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/sport.one/the-top-10-most-popular-sports-in-america/amp/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_in_the_United_States

https://sportsshow.net/most-popular-sports-in-america/

Literally the first few links after a quick Google search have real football as the 4th/5th most popular sport in the US.

Mexicans, whites and blacks all play real football with more regularity than they do American Fatball, which is niche sport globally.

Back