GSP is the goat

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly right, and I have been saying it for years. GSP is the real GOAT. Who has better competition? Silva, Jon Jones, or Fedor? Come on and get real. GSP had way stiffer competition than they did. He also retired having no (unavenged) losses. He was a role model and the consummate professional. GSP was without a doubt the greatest of all time.

There are 4 fighters that you can make a case for. Jon Jones, Fedor, Anderson Silva and GSP.

People like to point out that Gsp lost the Hendricks fight, but claim Jones to top the list. That's a double standard considering we should have seen Gus holding the belt.

Gsp tapped to strikes, but Fedor tapping to a triangle choke is ok? When you're beaten, you're beaten. One of the toughest fighters EVER, Shogun, also tapped. Also Fedor getting KO'd by a LHW and bludgeoned seems to be forgotten.

Anderson lost prior to the UFC (one of which is a top ten best submission in history), fought some terrible fights against average fighters, got KO'd to lose the belt, then tested positive.

I can make a case for all 4 of them for why they deserve it as much as I just also showed why they don't clearly hold the top spot. It's really just a personal opinion. I respect the 4 of them and their accomplishments. All phenomenal in their own right!

GSP is the king of MMA.

Soon it's Sage's time.

TS is right. True MMA connaisseurs knew that for a long time. People who prefer McD over haute cuisine will say Silva. Fedor is at #2 but Jones can overtake them both, we will have to wait and see.

P4P GOAT Ranking
1 Jones
2 There's no second place

There people who think Conor would beat a prime GSP/ hendricks/ carlos condit. Just no fucking way.

Nope. In real terms Anderson, Jones and Fedor would annihilate him.

In p4p terms nope. Jones has dominated like GSP has only in a much more destructive fashion. Anderson has left guys nearly dead and looked like a movie star doing it. And across 3 weight classes. Fedor went 10 years without a loss. Not even a round.

GSP is number 3 or 4.

gsp_vaseline_funny.gif

For now, he has the best record of any MMA fighter ever. Wins over:

Spratt, Sherk, Trigg, Karo, Mayhem, Hughes x 2, Penn x 2, Serra, Hardy, Koscheck x 2, Fitch, Diaz, Shields, Condit, and Hendricks.

No one has beat so many top 10 fighters consecutively, and nobody even comes close in having beaten so many top 5 fighters. Considering Hughes, Penn were top 3-4 P4P, and that Shields has been the MW champ in SF (with wins over Henderson, Okami, Condit, Lawler...) just ices the cake,

No unavenged losses, most number of consecutive rounds won. With that said, I do think there is a good chance Jones will surpass him. He currently has:

Vera, Bader, Machida, Rampage, Shogun, Teixeira, Belfort, Rashad, Cormier, Gustaffson, Sonnen, under his belt.

That's 11 wins against ranked competition, vs. 18 by GSP. And although Jones has had more finishes, he hasn't been as dominant as GSP was for as long: Jones had a razor close fight with Gus, lost a round or two with Cormier, and arguably lost the first round to Machida. True, he has no losses yet, but he also has beat significantly less ranked competition. I think with three more top 10 wins, he will solidify his position as the greatest ever.

But until now, GSP is simply unmatched in terms of accomplishment.

If mcreggor holds 3 titles at once he will be the goat. This IS undeniable when you see THE level of competition. That being said Connor would get merked by any top 5.
Benson should take him out if he wins rda fight
If he can hold 3 maybe he could fight gsp in the actual biggest mma fight ever

Respectfully disagree. GSP is great but when it is all said and done, Jon Jones will end the GOAT argument.

Youngest UFC champion ever.
Won the belt in his first title shot.
Unbeaten (never lost by KO or been submitted)
Beats fighters at their own game.
Took over what was universally considered the best division in MMA (LHW). A division where no champion was able to hold the belt.
A resume filled with the more champion, legends, and future hall of famers than anyone in the GOAT discussion (Fedor, Anderson, GSP).

All of this and Jon is nowhere near retirement.

And yet he hasn't fought since New stricter testing and has been beefing his body up lifting mad weights . Nothing suspect about Jon Jones at all

Anderson is the GOAT. I expect to be hit with a barrage of abuse for this opinion though.

I also rate Fedor higher than GSP.
You deserve a barrage of abuse. Anderson is a roider. Cheaters are not GOATs, they are goats:
Goat /ɡoʊt/ -One who is blamed for a loss or failure

GSP is the GOAT

Finishing matters. Vitor is GOAT finisher...thus Vitor is GOAT. ;)

30lnfy1_jpg.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

LittleDearestFlyingfox.gif

200.gif

10001948.gif

2rnafjs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.