GSP is not in his prime

• Thread starter Deleted member 499399
  • Start date
People just want to see GSP lose - They have been waiting since 2007

Not a chance.

GSP would be a rightful heavy favorite in that fight.

Woodley has one weapon. GSP has dealt with that exact same threat before, and he's too smart to be beaten by it. Hendricks was a far more dangerous fighter. He was a lot more opportunistic and found openings where Woodley would never have. He was also a lot more aggressive.

You do not want to be a reactive fighter against GSP.

Prime GSP walks through Woodley and make it look laughably easy. It wouldn't be much of a fight.

GSP would still beat EVERY fighters on the planet at 170lbs & under today.

GSP for years was the greatest WW, and is clearly the WW GOAT.

Today, after knee injuries and four years of doing nothing he probably doesn't beat anyone in the top five at WW. Watch again how slow he was against Bisping. Note that he was tired after the first round (a guy who used to go five rounds at a much faster pace without getting tired). Look at how bad his timing was, how awkward some of his footwork was, and remember how his timing was along with Anderson's the best in MMA.

GSP was great. Now he's a shadow of what he was. He reminds me of Muhammad Ali, who retired from boxing, then came back to lose horribly to Holmes and Berbick, because people kept telling him he was as good as he ever was. It wasn't true for Ali, and its not true for GSP. His day, like Anderson's and Fedor's (and Penn's and Hughes' and Aldo's) is done.

Fighters almost always stick around too long, and pay the price. 2018 GSP wouldn't last a round against 2010 GSP.

Today, after knee injuries and four years of doing nothing he probably doesn't beat anyone in the top five at WW. Watch again how slow he was against Bisping. Note that he was tired after the first round (a guy who used to go five rounds at a much faster pace without getting tired). Look at how bad his timing was, how awkward some of his footwork was, and remember how his timing was along with Anderson's the best in MMA.

GSP was great. Now he's a shadow of what he was. He reminds me of Muhammad Ali, who retired from boxing, then came back to lose horribly to Holmes and Berbick, because people kept telling him he was as good as he ever was. It wasn't true for Ali, and its not true for GSP. His day, like Anderson's and Fedor's (and Penn's and Hughes' and Aldo's) is done.

Fighters almost always stick around too long, and pay the price. 2018 GSP wouldn't last a round against 2010 GSP.
Pretty solid reply.

True if Huge

Needs more birds

2010 gsp woops 2018 gsp, But 2018 gsp is STILL to much for Woodley.

I LOL at people thinking Woodley is a harder fight than Bisping.

No he did not.
STFU before spewing this nonsense!

I is OK for him to fight anyone, but not for the fucking belt.
Get a fucking grip, kid, and stop making BS excuses.

If he fucking fight for a belt, then fucking defend. Don't fucking run away from the first top contender you find.

I am ok with him having fun fights, but you gotta stop sucking his fucking nutts.

Someone is mad.

The GSP of UFC100 that began his 7-title defense decionator run? Who only matched up against two wrestlers: Kosh and Hendricks. Kosh who ran around the cage eating a jab and telegraphing an overhand right like a tard and Hendricks that most see as the winner. GSP blatantly ducking a return to HIS class, fearing TWood. Yep.. your argument has no holes in it. I counter that Hendricks and TWood would easily 50/50 against your UFC100 GSP.

GSP is the most accomplished fighter probably in MMA history. No amount of rewriting history changes it..

GSP may or may not be in his physical prime, but he is very close to it, he was for the Bisping fight not even a year ago.

On every single interview before UFC 217 he said he is in his prime right now, and the best he has ever been.
On the Rogan podcast he said multiple times that if not for the colitis he feel better now than when he was 25.

He definitely he is in his technical prime, his skillset is immense right now, and for the first ever in his career he has fight stopping power, like he demonstrated against Bisping.

2010 gsp woops 2018 gsp, But 2018 gsp is STILL to much for Woodley.

I LOL at people thinking Woodley is a harder fight than Bisping.

2018 GSP was tired after one round, and that was with almost no wrestling/grappling. Woodley is in much better shape, he'll grapple with GSP for two rounds, at which point GSP will be exhausted and Woodley can finish it however he wants.

In fact, any top five WW with wrestling beats GSP for that reason; you lose a huge amount of conditioning if you're in your mid-30's sitting around doing nothing for four years (also a huge amount of timing and speed). And that simply doesn't come back - its what happened to Ali, to Roy Jones Jr, to Sugar Ray Leonard, guys who were in as good shape as GSP and even faster than GSP in their primes who ended up being slow and out of shape, and took bad damage until it sunk in that there's seldom a return to top form in your late thirties if you live the good life for several years.

The only exceptions are guys like George Foreman, who relied on pure power on their return - and even he wasn't as good as he'd been in his 20's. GSP's day is done, and the league wants to give him title fights instead of building up the next generation of fighters. Its simply the wrong thing to do.

Someone is mad.
Yes, I am.
because I find it utterly asinine for nutsuckers like you explain why GSP can get title shots and not defend those belts.
it only further proves the bunch of idiots you GSP nutsuckers are.

I have absolutely NOTHING against him going for "fun fights" but picking and choosing belts he will run from contenders is not my idea of fun fights.

Heck, I was against SIlva getting a title shot against Bisping even if he did have a point that his fight could have ended in that KO, if Herb Derp was any good referee. And yet I was against it.

GSP nutsiuckers should stop being so fucking blind for once

2018 GSP was tired after one round, and that was with almost no wrestling/grappling. Woodley is in much better shape, he'll grapple with GSP for two rounds, at which point GSP will be exhausted and Woodley can finish it however he wants.

In fact, any top five WW with wrestling beats GSP for that reason; you lose a huge amount of conditioning if you're in your mid-30's sitting around doing nothing for four years (also a huge amount of timing and speed). And that simply doesn't come back - its what happened to Ali, to Roy Jones Jr, to Sugar Ray Leonard, guys who were in as good shape as GSP and even faster than GSP in their primes who ended up being slow and out of shape, and took bad damage until it sunk in that there's seldom a return to top form in your late thirties if you live the good life for several years.

The only exceptions are guys like George Foreman, who relied on pure power on their return - and even he wasn't as good as he'd been in his 20's. GSP's day is done, and the league wants to give him title fights instead of building up the next generation of fighters. Its simply the wrong thing to do.
Two important factors you are missing.

George himself said he wasn’t gassing, but was making timing adjustments to compensate for the adjustments bisping was making, and when he needed to explode he did, and finished him.

Second, if he fought Woodley at WW he wouldn’t be caring all that extra added bulk draining energy from his body.

GSP may or may not be in his physical prime, but he is very close to it, he was for the Bisping fight not even a year ago.

On every single interview before UFC 217 he said he is in his prime right now, and the best he has ever been.
On the Rogan podcast he said multiple times that if not for the colitis he feel better now than when he was 25.

He definitely he is in his technical prime, his skillset is immense right now, and for the first ever in his career he has fight stopping power, like he demonstrated against Bisping.

He looked slow against Bisping, his timing was bad, and he was tired after one round. Compare that fight to how GSP looked in 2010. Fighters always think they're still at their prime. Muhammad Ali said he was still in his prime before his come back from retirement losses to Holmes and Berbick. Same for Sugar Ray Leonard before his come back from retirement losses.

He looked slow against Bisping, his timing was bad, and he was tired after one round. Compare that fight to how GSP looked in 2010. Fighters always think they're still at their prime. Muhammad Ali said he was still in his prime before his come back from retirement losses to Holmes and Berbick. Same for Sugar Ray Leonard before his come back from retirement losses.
He looked slower because he was heavier than usual.
Before retiring he had troubles hurting welterweights, at UFC 217 he knocked down the middleweight champion, not only that, but with a left hook, a punch he never used effectively in his career.
Even the punches he missed you could tell had knockout power.

Roach said he is better, Danaher said on the Rogan podcast he is better, so it isn't only GSP opinion like you said.

I think it should be obvious too but there are people who feel he must fight Tyron to secure his legacy and is wrong to fight champions in other weight classes.
Who are these people?

GSP defended his title 10 times in dominant fashion.

Woodley is on his 4th defense, and this is the first time he defended the belt convincingly.

Dont confuse idiots posting nonsense, with people making reasonable claims.

Yes, I am.
because I find it utterly asinine for nutsuckers like you explain why GSP can get title shots and not defend those belts.
it only further proves the bunch of idiots you GSP nutsuckers are.

I have absolutely NOTHING against him going for "fun fights" but picking and choosing belts he will run from contenders is not my idea of fun fights.

Heck, I was against SIlva getting a title shot against Bisping even if he did have a point that his fight could have ended in that KO, if Herb Derp was any good referee. And yet I was against it.

GSP nutsiuckers should stop being so fucking blind for once

You are so toxic. Hate on bro.

He looked slower because he was heavier than usual.
Before retiring he had troubles hurting welterweights, at UFC 217 he knocked down the middleweight champion, not only that, but with a left hook, a punch he never used effectively in his career.
Even the punches he missed you could tell had knockout power.

Roach said he is better, Danaher said on the Rogan podcast he is better, so it isn't only GSP opinion like you said.

Coaches always say they are better. The Ali who fought Holmes and Berbick was supposedly better than he'd ever been before.

I agree he hits harder now - your strength can improve into your 40's, unlike reflexes and speed. The ability to land punches decreases though, as well as the ability to avoid getting hit. Seriously, the Ali that lost to Berbick was the hardest hitting Ali that'd ever been in the ring; that was one of the reason's he was supposedly (in the pre-fight hype) the best Ali ever. Sadly he couldn't land that power.

You are so toxic. Hate on bro.
nah. you are pathetic.
So blind, your brain can't make one excuse why you support this.
That shows you know I am right, but you are too dishonest to agree, because in your twisted mind, GSP can't do no wrong.

nah. you are pathetic.
So blind, your brain can't make one excuse why you support this.
That shows you know I am right, but you are too dishonest to agree, because in your twisted mind, GSP can't do no wrong.

Fighting sports superstars can do whatever the fuck they want. Live with it, kid, else you'll be disapointed forever.

Back