GSP is not in his prime

• Thread starter Deleted member 499399
  • Start date
GSP has been out of his prime for a few years. The guy we saw beat Ping was a caricature of normal sized GSP. The question that has NOT been answered, is how GSP can fight without that bulk. How is his movement. Reactions... etc.

He has a limited number of fights left in his career and has earned the right to pick high paying superfights. If he was in the middle of his career I would expect him to fight Woodly to prove he is the best WW but at this point he doesn't have to prove that.
GSP fought all comers during his long reign as champ and earned the right to pick huge fights at the end.

LMFAO AT YOU trying to convince people GSP needs a reason to not fight at 170 lbs abymore..or for the title the guy has moved on from the moniker of single divison champ he's now in the master's class of MMA legends he doesn't have to prove anything against any fighter or division they have to come seek him out.. like the true masters of the olden days wondering amongst the street waiting for worthy challenger to arise that's his position now

Of course he has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants to do. Only trolls say otherwise. He moved up and won the middleweight championship after a four-year layoff.. And people still want to complain that he’s not dropping back down to face the current champion of his old division. He doesn’t have to do anything he does not want to do at this point. He spent his entire prime taking on every single challenge in that division. And he beat everyone.

GSP would still beat EVERY fighters on the planet at 170lbs & under today.

He might lose to Woodley at this point in his career. It is certainly possible. But I know this. The GSP of the UFC 100 runs a clinic on that man and any man that ever stepped into the octagon in that division. Nobody was beating him at that point.

Your physical prime is 18-29

But in skill sports that doesn't mean your career high will be in that period.'

Woodley is less than a year younger than GSP.

And he'll need more than a year to catch up to GSP.

He has a limited number of fights left in his career and has earned the right to pick high paying superfights. If he was in the middle of his career I would expect him to fight Woodly to prove he is the best WW but at this point he doesn't have to prove that.
GSP fought all comers during his long reign as champ and earned the right to pick huge fights at the end.
No he did not.
STFU before spewing this nonsense!

I is OK for him to fight anyone, but not for the fucking belt.
Get a fucking grip, kid, and stop making BS excuses.

If he fucking fight for a belt, then fucking defend. Don't fucking run away from the first top contender you find.

I am ok with him having fun fights, but you gotta stop sucking his fucking nutts.

GSP would still beat EVERY fighters on the planet at 170lbs & under today.
LOL. Nope. His last fight at 170 he was gifted a decision against Johny Hendricks. And that was 5 years ago! You think he's gotten better as he's gotten older? What professional athlete gets better after the age of 35? GSP was gifted a title shot against the weakest MW champion EVER in Michael Bisping. GSP was a great champion, but his best days are in the rearview.

LOL. Nope. His last fight at 170 he was gifted a decision against Johny Hendricks. And that was 5 years ago! You think he's gotten better as he's gotten older? What professional athlete gets better after the age of 35? GSP was gifted a title shot against the weakest MW champion EVER in Michael Bisping. GSP was a great champion, but his best days are in the rearview.
Gsp would run through the entire ww division....except Woodley. He's a year older than T-wood and has taken less damage and less surgeries than him. If Woodley lost against Till he would be doing Canadian jumping jacks to fight him. NOT GOAT!!!

Edit: GSPGwould smoke Colby, Usman, RDA, and Wonderboy. Name 1 fighter in the division that would be favored to beat GSP except Woodley. Please....pretty fuckin please, give me a name.

Last edited:
He is the GOAT so unless he is in a desperate need of money why bother fighting?

Gsp would run through the entire ww division....except Woodley. He's a year older than T-wood and has taken less damage and less surgeries than him. If Woodley lost against Till he would be doing Canadian jumping jacks to fight him. NOT GOAT!!!

Edit: GSPGwould smoke Colby, Usman, RDA, and Wonderboy. Name 1 fighter in the division that would be favored to beat GSP except Woodley. Please....pretty fuckin please, give me a name.
I could name them, but you would just disagree, so what's the point. I'd take Usman versus GSP.

He might lose to Woodley at this point in his career. It is certainly possible. But I know this. The GSP of the UFC 100 runs a clinic on that man and any man that ever stepped into the octagon in that division. Nobody was beating him at that point.
The GSP of UFC100 that began his 7-title defense decionator run? Who only matched up against two wrestlers: Kosh and Hendricks. Kosh who ran around the cage eating a jab and telegraphing an overhand right like a tard and Hendricks that most see as the winner. GSP blatantly ducking a return to HIS class, fearing TWood. Yep.. your argument has no holes in it. I counter that Hendricks and TWood would easily 50/50 against your UFC100 GSP.

People have developed a strange obsession with trying to discredit GSP since the Woodley win. Hard pill for them to swallow knowing that GSP solidified himself as the best ever?

GSP not in his prime and in other shocking news: fire is hot, water is wet and sherdoggers make stupid threads.

People have developed a strange obsession with trying to discredit GSP since the Woodley win. Hard pill for them to swallow knowing that GSP solidified himself as the best ever?
I see as much revisionist history sanctifying GSP.

Sorry mate, he played the chess game for years and fked all fans out of the Anderson fight. Then he “returns” and cherry-picks a fight with a guy that he knew he matched up well against via previous training camps - while ducking HIS weight-class. And tosses that belt...

Back