GSP is not GOAT pick for mma fans out of North America

not really, no. GSPs streak without losing a round carries more weight, imo. People win with Hail Mary KOs and subs after getting their asses beat for 3-4 rounds. There’s no disputing the dominance of that streak. It’s insane, considering the quality of opposition he was facing. Finishes are great, everybody loves finishes. GSPs streak is by far, the greatest indicator of someone purely outclassing the best in the world and just being on another level. These weren’t razor thin decisions like Jon is eeking out. GSP dominates every minute of the fights.
I’ve argued this very point. Well said.

not really, no. GSPs streak without losing a round carries more weight, imo. People win with Hail Mary KOs and subs after getting their asses beat for 3-4 rounds. There’s no disputing the dominance of that streak. It’s insane, considering the quality of opposition he was facing. Finishes are great, everybody loves finishes. GSPs streak is by far, the greatest indicator of someone purely outclassing the best in the world and just being on another level.

you talk about finishes as if it was just a fancy thing,
finishing your opponent is the ultimate goal of fighting, the hardest thing to do, and will always weight more than a decision, no matter how dominant it is. You would have a point if the level of competition wasnt comparable, but its's not the case

you talk about finishes as if it was just a fancy thing,
finishing your opponent is the ultimate goal of fighting, the hardest thing to do, and will always weight more than a decision, no matter how dominant it is. You would have a point if the level of competition wasnt comparable, but its's not the case

the objective is to win. To dominate. To inflict damage while receiving none. You can secure a finish for a victory and still be dominated the vast majority of the fight. There’s nothing more dominant than outclassing an opponent for 25 minutes. That’s fairly obvious. I can’t understand this for you.

Yep. GSP is the greatest of all time. I said it

the objective is to win. To dominate. To inflict damage while receiving none. You can secure a finish for a victory and still be dominated the vast majority of the fight. There’s nothing more dominant than outclassing an opponent for 25 minutes. That’s fairly obvious. I can’t understand this for you.

the objective is to win, but we are already talking about winners, thats why they are in GOAT dicussion in the first place - finishing your opponent is greater than going to a decision no matter how dominant it is, you won't hear any fighter saying otherwise.

I mean you pretend to argue that finishing a fight matters...wtf

the objective is to win, but we are already talking about winners, thats why they are in GOAT dicussion in the first place - finishing your opponent is greater than going to a decision no matter how dominant it is, you won't hear any fighter saying otherwise.

I mean you pretend to argue that finishing a fight matters...wtf

the key word in GOAT discussions is “dominance.” 50-45 rounds. Leaving a 25 minute fight without a scratch. Never losing a round for years. Fighters would take championship victories and records over finishes anyday of the week. This is hardly debatable lol

the key word in GOAT discussions is “dominance.” 50-45 rounds. Leaving a 25 minute fight without a scratch. .

lol this is ridiculous. Anderson left a 25 min fight without a scratch or even brorke a sweat vs Maia. Demian landed a total 10 strikes in the whole fight - 0 takedowns/subs too. Never somebody took GSP to a decision doing less. Except for Hardy, but you can't talk much about level of competition then.

What separate Anderson apart in the GOAT discussion aren't those decisions, but the fron kick, choke or even jab he pulled to finishing top competition.

Fighters would take championship victories and records over finishes anyday of the week.

Anderson defeat around same number of tittle contenders than GSP so not sure whats your point. That's why both are in GOAT discussion in the first place.

This is hardly debatable lol

It's highly debatable.
Coming from a guy who doesn't even ackowledge that finishing your opponent is the ultimate goal of fighting- and its so since we are on Earth...who knows what else is or not debatable in your book, are you a flat Earther too?

I come with facts, you come with opinions.

That's what separates those who get it from those who don't.

what does that even mean?
If you pretend you bring "facts" that seal the case for GSP as the best ever you fool yourself

they have finished around same amount of top competitors, while Silva finished them more often. Now hide behind any stat you want but that's a FACT - many fans care about such fact and that's why Anderson is in more people's mind the Messi/Jordan/Federer of mma than they think so of GSP...at least out of North Amercia.

lol this is ridiculous. Anderson left a 25 min fight without a scratch or even brorke a sweat vs Maia. Demian landed a total 10 strikes in the whole fight - 0 takedowns/subs too. Never somebody took GSP to a decision doing less. Except for Hardy, but you can't talk much about level of competition then.

What separate Anderson apart in the GOAT discussion aren't those decisions, but the fron kick, choke or even jab he pulled to finishing top competition.

Anderson defeat around same number of tittle contenders than GSP so not sure whats your point. That's why both are in GOAT discussion in the first place.

It's highly debatable.
Coming from a guy who doesn't even ackowledge that finishing your opponent is the ultimate goal of fighting- and its so since we are on Earth...who knows what else is or not debatable in your book, are you a flat Earther too?

you referenced the Maia fight?

I have Anderson as number 2. Love The Spider but if that’s the fight you’re going to reference to Anderson greatness then I see why this discussion has blossomed the way it has.

by your logic, fighters would prefer every fight go like Anderson/Chael 1 as long as they got the finish...lol

GSPs flawless victories are the definition of dominance. Not someone fucking off and playing air guitar.

this is my fault. I should’ve recognized your trolling earlier. Good form.

you referenced the Maia fight?

I have Anderson as number 2. Love The Spider but if that’s the fight you’re going to reference to Anderson greatness then I see why this discussion has blossomed the way it has.

by your logic, fighters would prefer every fight go like Anderson/Chael 1 as long as they got the finish...lol

GSPs flawless victories are the definition of dominance. Not someone fucking off and playing air guitar.

this is my fault. I should’ve recognized your trolling earlier. Good form.

Its indeed your fault and it is since the beginning; you knew where you was coming don't fool urself.

Silva and GSP have beat same amount of top competition - Silva didnt let it to the judges so often - which is regarded as greater accomplishment in most people's mind, at least out of North America - try to acknowledge it

Its indeed your fault and it is since the beginning; you knew where you was coming don't fool urself.

Silva and GSP have beat same amount of top competition - Silva didnt let it to the judges so often - which is regarded as greater accomplishment in most people's mind, at least out of North America - try to acknowledge it

lol

no, it’s not. I don’t care how important you think getting mounted by Travis Lutter is, never losing a round is a better feather in the cap than losing rounds and securing last minute, fight saving subs. There’s no such thing as a fluke 50-45.

Not facts at all. Where did you get your info?

You do know that is not true? And hopefully you'll even show the leaked emails as some kind of proof, because it doesnt say it in there either.

The emails are in that link.

Why do you say it's not true?

That “debate” was over after your first response, kiddo. Fight Finder has betrayed you.

Fight finder is checked by hardcores, and also shertards.
Casuals don't even know fight finder, thats why Anderson is the GOAT for most people out of North America - they remember the way he finished legends, not whatever stat you may bring to support GSP case

Fight finder is checked by hardcores, and also shertards.
Casuals don't even know fight finder, thats why Anderson is the GOAT for most people out of North America - they remember the way he finished legends, not whatever stat you may bring to support GSP case

Why do you keep spewing that bullshit even though you admitted that you are bullshitting?

Info rather than opinion.
You don't listen people from Euope or Asia calling GSP the best ever; certainly one of the best, top5 in everybody's book but not #1.

The most consensual answer is Anderson Silva; just like Fedor was a decade ago.

GSP was great and likely a better role model but finishing ability weights more when discussing the best at fighing.

PD - DJ is in every goat discussion at least among hardcore fans.

You are such an idiot. I am not wasting time pointing out all the idiocy, I will simply point out that your title makes a definitive statement, then in your first sentence you try to say it's your opinion. No.

Back