GSP is doing VADA, Hendricks is doing..

I find it interesting that GSP never called for testing when he's fighting in Canada, yet his first fight that's not in Canada in years and all of a sudden he's worried about testing.

There is a better chance of being caught if you undergo testing(GSP) then if you refuse testing(Hendricks).

Do you really think GSP would take the test now if he was on something?

Who gives a crap? Hendricks is agree to whatever tests ever other UFC fighter has to do, no more and no less. He's abiding by the A.C. in the state where he is fighting. It's the same thing that's been happening since the start of it all. If GSP wants to spend money for above and beyond testing to prove something to everyone, then fine, but until the UFC or ACs demand it I'd do the same and Hendricks and say forget it.

Well it would have been nice for Hendricks to say no to testing before he agreed to let GSP pay for both fighters.
GSP is out 10 grand because Hendricks said OK.
Now Hendricks is saying no.

Do you really think GSP would take the test now if he was on something?

No I don't.
My question is what is the reason Hendricks after agreeing to additional testing, have GSP pay for it, is now refusing?

I'm a Hendricks fan but this has made him look bad I must admit

No it doesn't, this whole thing is a clusterf@ck and is probably mind games played by the Gsp camp and or an attempt by gsp's handlers to make money from being an advertisement for vada. Hendricks came off extremely well on inside mma saying let's do the strictest testing possible with wada, no bs, let's do it or stfu.

These extra tests mean nothing.

1. GSP wouldn't agree to the tests if he was going to fail.
2. Look at lance Armstrong passing means nothing
3. People who think he uses illegal PED's will continue to think that way.

In summary it's a waste of time and money for either fighter to go through with extra testing!

No it doesn't, this whole thing is a clusterf@ck and is probably mind games played by the Gsp camp and or an attempt by gsp's handlers to make money from being an advertisement for vada. Hendricks came off extremely well on inside mma saying let's do the strictest testing possible with wada, no bs, let's do it or stfu.

exactly

it's all just for show anyway. Of course GSP isn't going to be on something now that HE suggested doing the testing himself.
what was even the point of being tested under these circumstances ?

surprise testing nobody knows about - that's how cheaters are caught

Hendricks insinuated that Georges was juicing. Georges called him on it, Hendricks claimed he was down to do it, and then he sat the fuck down. Georges isn't the one who looks suspect here.

This is what I've been thinking. I don't get why people say that makes GSP a suspect.

exactly

it's all just for show anyway. Of course GSP isn't going to be on something now that HE suggested doing the testing himself.
what was even the point of being tested under these circumstances ?

surprise testing nobody knows about - that's how cheaters are caught

Exactly, surprise testing even when they don't have a fight scheduled. Passing a drug test now is more of an IQ test to see if you know when to cycle off properly. Maybe deep down the AC's don't care about what you take in between fights as long as you are clean during the fight?

Either way GSP is paying and dealing with the added inconvenience to prove he's clean while preparing for this fight. Hendricks got the test for free but still refused to take it. Who seems more shady in this scenario?

All that matters is who wins the fucking fight.

I don't give a crap about this, they both have to submit to athletic commission testing anyway just as any other fighter would. If you think that type of testing is not sufficient then maybe you just don't like MMA because that's the only testing that 99.9999% of other fighters are getting (of those who are even tested at all).

Either way GSP is paying and dealing with the added inconvenience to prove he's clean while preparing for this fight. Hendricks got the test for free but still refused to take it. Who looks suspect in this scenario?

Sounds like Hendricks is smart to me! Make GSP go through the extra inconvience while Hendricks just concentrates on preparing for the fight. GSP worries about his image too much while I don't think hendricks cares about what people think of him.

Sounds like Hendricks is smart to me! Make GSP go through the extra inconvience while Hendricks just concentrates on preparing for the fight. GSP worries about his image too much while I don't think hendricks cares about what people think of him.

my thoughts exactly.

let the commisions handle the tests and let fighters fight.

Maybe Hendricks makes up for the controversy by paying for GSP's testing next time he fights in Canada - early during his camp and without GSP knowing ofc.

Now those are some results I would be very interested in.

Hendricks says the reason he's not going trough with the vada testing is because GSP and vada are friends. I wouldn't want them in control of my future either they can lie and screw him over. Gsp should just take the mutual offer and do wada but it's pretty obvious he has something to hide.

Thats good for Hendricks that he doesn't care what people think, because if he did agreeing to it at first and then backing out looks pretty dumb.

I'm a Hendricks fan but this has made him look bad I must admit
Every time he talks he looks bad.

He really is one of the most annoying fighters in MMA.

I'd rather listen to a Diaz Brothers presentation on the metaphysical theories behind the doubts and tribulations of homies than another Hendricks interview.

Back