GSP "Interested" in Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov Winner

I don't feel the need to hurl attacks at GSP; given what he's placed himself through to get to his current status in MMA, I'm ok with some kind of cherry picking of title fights. Maybe I'm getting too generous for this place as well. And at this point I don't see Khabib or COnor as necessarily less dangerous options than Tyrone.

But I'm not liking the idea of GSP Conor if the latter somehow wins the belt. If it turns out GSP was finally too far gone in the fight game to keep his defense and movement where it needs to be and Conor does get a highlight reel KO, dear Lord would that make MMA unbearable. Just too painful to be a part of.

It was his plan on all along.

He said he wanted to win the MW title, fight Conor, then win the WW title and retire.

I like GSP but letting him cherry pick title shots and vacating can't happen again. It devalues the title and isn't fair to the other guys waiting in line.

GSP vs. Khabib is interesting. The challenge to beat the unbeaten and "unbeatable." I'd watch.

Last fight was at MW. Wants to fight LW's now.

Just fight Silva. It's better late than never.

I'm down. Either fight would be great and GSP probably wins a third belt and retires for good with an incredible GOAT career.

It was his plan on all along.

He said he wanted to win the MW title, fight Conor, then win the WW title and retire.

I like GSP but letting him cherry pick title shots and vacating can't happen again. It devalues the title and isn't fair to the other guys waiting in line.

I would go even further and say he destroys his legacy with this bullshit.
Waiting for the weakest MW title holder since the division was started and then instantly backing out with "colitis".

That alone was pathetic as pathetic can be and now again with his bullshit. If its just about money no problem but then dont fuck up the title picture in the divsions. Especially at LW were he has no fight history at all. It sounds as desperate clinging to a title as DJ with the favoured Borg defense instead of TJ.

At this point really fight in the WW division as you obviously are too much of a pussy for serious MW fighters or fuck off GSP.

This dude is just gonna sit at his mansion in Canada and cherry pick belts?

Id watch him fight the winner cause its a good fight. But geez, LW doesnt need anymore log-jamming than its had since Conor took the belt from Eddie years ago.
Georges St-GOAT does whatever he wants, whenever he wants. And it all depends on the stock market.

Of course he does. Another LW. Why not fight Woodley or Whitaker? I think we know why it was Bisping and now a LW again
LW may be much harder for him. Fighters that go up do better it seems, and cutting down two classes would leave him old and slow, just like when Rashad went from an undefeated heavyweight, to a successful lightweight and then a terrible middleweight (BJ too). Try older you get too, the harder it us to go down and be successful, as you need more speed and you lose power. To me, GSP looked slow and just not good vs Bisping, and had Bisping not been e biggest fluke champ ever and not blind, it may have been awfully different.

if he'd just beat Woodley that would be impressive enough for me. because i think Woodley would nap him now a days.
I think GSP knows that too, of atleast that it is a bad match up for him. He sees Khabib as a guy he can stuff on the feet and box up, where as Conor he sees as being able to take down and avoid getting boxed up. I think going down to 55 will reveal a GSP that we don't even recognize. He is almost 40, much slower, just had his two hardest and most bloody fights back to back, and looked to be a shell of his former wholly dominant and flawless self vs Teh Pingers.

If there's anyone that can defy the odds tho, it is George's; but as BJ Penn showed us, going down is a lot harder than going up, especially when you are old and going down two classes.

If he kicks the shit out of Connie, that wouldn't be too big. It would be a big money fight, for sure, but we already saw Nasty Nate do it and we already know he turned down Nasty Nate.

He turned down the guy who beat McNuggets.

If he were the 1st person to beat Nurm, that would be pretty big for legacy, especially if Khabib were to defeat Nuggets.

“I don’t think the UFC will let me fight for the title at 155. They will be afraid I’ll relinquish and I’ll leave the division in ruins again.”
View attachment 417731

They are letting Conor fight for the belt.

He screwed up the lw division as bad as gsp acrewed up a division.

I would go even further and say he destroys his legacy with this bullshit.
Waiting for the weakest MW title holder since the division was started and then instantly backing out with "colitis".

That alone was pathetic as pathetic can be and now again with his bullshit. If its just about money no problem but then dont fuck up the title picture in the divsions. Especially at LW were he has no fight history at all. It sounds as desperate clinging to a title as DJ with the favoured Borg defense instead of TJ.

At this point really fight in the WW division as you obviously are too much of a pussy for serious MW fighters or fuck off GSP.

Agreed. I felt he was cherry picking Bisping. Dana felt the same and supposedly forced it into the contract that he would have to defend against Whittaker. Even though GSP didn't want to fight him, I thought it still would have justified the title shot if he at least tried to defend it. He then claimed colitis, said he couldn't make the weight anymore and vacated.

He instantly started dropping a ton of weight and it was pretty obvious he was trying to get down to 155 to fight Conor.

GSP is a legend but even as a legend, you shouldn't be able to cherry pick title shots to boost your legacy. There are way too many viable contenders at LW, MW and WW for him to do that. If he would have defended the MW title, I'd have no problem with him trying to do it again but I think from here on, if he wants a title shot, he needs to earn it by fighting the #1 contender and should be forced to defend at least once if he wins before vacating.

GSP vs Khabib or Conor would be huge. No other matchup would be better than this for GSP.
Khabib vs Gsp wouldn't be anywhere near as big as Conor vs Gsp

Khabib vs Gsp would probably do 800k-950k (based on Gsp)

However Conor vs Gsp has the potential to do 3 million, based on Conor and especially if Conor dominates Khabib and takes all that momentum into a GOAT fight vs Gsp

Huge mismatches... Very lame

However, it would sell a shit ton of tickets, because casuals will stil believe Conor has a chance

if he'd just beat Woodley that would be impressive enough for me. because i think Woodley would nap him now a days.
Why on earth would the greatest WW of all time care about fighting one of the most boring WW champs ever?

There is no hype, no mystique involved.

Now if Woodley floors till and one more after then maybe,

After that Maia fight, who cares.

Maia might as well be called the gsp fight killer.

Anderson vs gsp, talks over after boring Maia fight
Woodley gsp, talks over after Maia fight.

There is literally NO ONE I’m interested in watching gsp fight now besides Whitaker or Dc at lhw and neither of those will happen.

Stay retired bro, running through manlets like a hot knife through butter after winning the MW title against a former LHW does nothing for him.

His way of staying relevant whilst not actually fighting.

Gsp vs Conor of kahib goes off at 170 non title super fight to not fuck up the belt structure.

Gsp becomes Lineal lw champ, good enough.

he's smart with the fights he considers taking. he could keep the fight with khabib standing and destroy him on the feet, and he would ragdoll conor all over the place. would love to see either one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back