GSP has been spending a lot of time training with DDS. Don't be surprised if he submits Khabib.

Prime GSP stuffs all the takedowns, making it a standup battle, and we know how that goes. Khabib cuts massive weight for a reason, @ 170 he would not be in the top 5.

GSP is avoiding the new WW elite

He's already held both the WW and MW straps. He wants three belts, and he's been pretty public and open about it. Does Sherdog need to use one syllable words so it's easy enough for you to understand?

If you can't figure out GSP is still a better fighter than today's top WW's, you should just pick a different sport to watch. You hate, because you don't understand it.

Isn't this a UFC discussion thread? we're talking MMA right? started on the ground? LMAO. And yes, if an elite BJJ guy can't defeat Islam who's seen as Khabib 2.0 then how the hell can you beat the real one?

If someone is referred to as a “2.0” of somebody, they’re considered to be better than the original.

Sambo guys have dodgy fundamentals

Did you see how well "Team Sambo" did in QUINTET 1?

Lmao, Gordon Ryan could run through 10 Sambo world champs in a row with one arm tied behind his back

Nonsense. Sambo is actually better than jiu-jitsu. The reason you see more jiu-jitsu is because of the Gracie's Brazil- influence in MMA. The Russians pretty much have stuck to themselves, until recently.

Have you ever seen how the Russians do in wrestling? Combat sambo makes for a tougher person than a jiu-jitsu practitioner, because they practice and striking the whole time.

Many pure Jiu-Jitsu practitioners are soft because they don't strike equally. Have you ever seen how lousy BJJ Ace, Marcelo Garcia did when he tried MMA?

He sucked, he couldn't take the Heat. His incredible Jiu-Jitsu didn't help, because he's not an authentically-tough man, just a fabulous Jiu-Jitsu artist.

To think Gordon Ryan would defeat khabib is ignorant. He does not have khabib's toughness, grit, or striking prowess.

How many Jiu-Jitsu guys have dominated khabib , compared to those who have been dominated every second by him?

Trust me this is what's going to happen if GSP fights Khabib:

gif8.gif

Because Iaquinta threw him over the fence.

Ramos is not on the same planet as Gordon in BJJ, but ok lol

And Makhachev laying on top of Ramos for 2 mins when he already had him hurt on the feet does not prove that Sambo > BJJ
Sorry but this isn't some submission grappling match. None of those dudes are subbing Khabib.

GSP would almost certainly defeat Khabib if they fought, but I'd be rooting hard for The Eagle

At this point in their careers no one really knows. Imo it would be close to a miracle if GSP could get into such a shape again.

They are similar in size (Khabib training but before weight reducing is bigger than GSP & Covington) and in cage very similar in weight. but like others wrote Khabibs style is highly dependent on being the supreme wrestler with more strenght.

Thats why he does his murderous cut to 155. Khabib in OneFC funny enough would have much more problems and not be that dominant simply because of their weight cutting rules.

What we imo could conclude is:
Regarding weight Khabib really is a WW fighting at 155 (nothing wrong as UFC even supports that "look at our monsters at 155). So I look at him as similar in size. (Everything else is just weight cutting speculation about GSP & Khabib.

Prime GSP has way superior wrestling AND stand up. Most important his timing and speed is in annother league. He would dominate Khabib and make him look silly. If he would try his chain wrestling GSP would out time him and take him down himself. Khabibs technical superiority is advancing position after td and with GSP this would not matter at all.

post prime GSP has a harder time because some of his timing is lost and his knees are shot vs td defense. Also he is a little more timid after Serra loss. Still I would favour GSP but it would not be a domination.

GSP nowadays is way too far away from competitive MMA and should never again step into the ring no matter Khabib or any other opponent.

Fyi, DDS is the best submission grappling team in the world by far.

Georges has been spending a lot of time training with guys like Gordon Ryan (someone who would submit Khabib inside 2 minutes) recently, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he taps Khabib with an inside heel hook.

Khabib is a great grappler but he's shown a few holes which an elite BJJ guy can exploit, and GSP 2.0 may be the one to do it.

how can he do that when there never fighting.

Khabib at any weight class but 155 will get murdered.. sad bud true
Why tho? Pettis moved up and did ok
Diaz moved up and did ok
I think for sure he would do at least as well as those two

Sambo is better than BJJ for MMA. Ryan Gordon is a latest fanboy idol who is soon going to be murdered by one of the better fighters. He is nothing special.
While I agree that BJJ and BJJ getting punched in the face are two different things, calling Ryan "nothing special" is a bit much, lol.
Man, I want this Khabib/GSP fight bad. Love GSP, but Im rooting for Khabib.

Are Islam and Khabib the same person?

And as I stated, 2 mins of laying on someone when they're already badly rocked from striking doesn't prove shit.

Ramos would sub Islam if they started on the ground and were both fresh.
Lol what MMA match starts on the ground? What...
{<huh}

Back