GSP enters USADA testing pool

GSP is my favorite fighter of all time but if he does come back let him fight the winner of Thompson vs Woodley. Wonderboy has staked his claim.

Agreed, if the new owners want the UFC to have ANY semblance of legitimacy (though the Hendo-Bisping fight certainly puts them back) they'll make Woodley fight Wonderboy. GSP just entered the testing pool so he's at least 4 months away. If Woodley is so confident, he'll realize that legitimizing his 170lb belt with one defense will set him up for an even bigger payday against GSP. The guy acts like his age/seniority in this sport entitles him to select his opponent. We know he wants that payday, but he hasn't earned the right yet.

Maybe if he played the promotional game for 201 like Conor does all his fights, Woodley would have helped move the needle and entice the UFC with a big money fight.

Ultimate opportunist knows he can beat Woodley but not Lawler and Bisping but not Anderson and even Conor if he had beaten Nate.

Agreed, if the new owners want the UFC to have ANY semblance of legitimacy (though the Hendo-Bisping fight certainly puts them back) they'll make Woodley fight Wonderboy. GSP just entered the testing pool so he's at least 4 months away. If Woodley is so confident, he'll realize that legitimizing his 170lb belt with one defense will set him up for an even bigger payday against GSP. The guy acts like his age/seniority in this sport entitles him to select his opponent. We know he wants that payday, but he hasn't earned the right yet.

Maybe if he played the promotional game for 201 like Conor does all his fights, Woodley would have helped move the needle and entice the UFC with a big money fight.
Could not agree more.

Ultimate opportunist knows he can beat Woodley but not Lawler and Bisping but not Anderson and even Conor if he had beaten Nate.
Lol you sound like a fool. First off Woodley is not an easy style matchup for a guy off a 3 year layoff. Secondly Bisping turned down that fight. Thirdly LOL at Conor having anything for GSP, and I like McGregor.

Props to him if he does it. I've always thought he was on something but to be fair in his era it was more of a risk if you weren't using PED's, specially for the champs with more on the line.

He might have to take the exemption anyway. MSG card is only 3 months away. Not enough time for the full 4 months. 3 months is enough anyway imo.

I feel bad for Wonderboy but that's business. However, if Condit is able to get past Maia, Wonderboy vs. Condit would be tits

the 4-month period ends after UFC 205, we might not get to see him on the NY card...

You need to add to the list. Jared the bathroom break Rosholt
I had just taken him off not too long ago.

he was known as Jared "The Big Snooze" Rosholt.

Isn't a done deal yet guys, helax. He said he is still in negotiations because the UFC probably tried to lowball him. The Reebok deal is still a giant stumbling block. Not only is he sponsored by UA, a direct competitor, but the deal would cost him a ton in sponsorship money. Which is why he is probably angling for more in guaranteed pay.

Lol you sound like a fool. First off Woodley is not an easy style matchup for a guy off a 3 year layoff. Secondly Bisping turned down that fight. Thirdly LOL at Conor having anything for GSP, and I like McGregor.

Woodley is a wrestler with power. GSP beat plenty of guys like him before. I'm glad Bisping turned the fight down. I'm getting at the fact GSP was willing to fight at MW against Bisping but not against Anderson when both were kings. And I know GSP would kill Conor. I'm stating that GSP was up for the Conor fight had Conor beaten Nate.

Isn't a done deal yet guys, helax. He said he is still in negotiations because the UFC probably tried to lowball him. The Reebok deal is still a giant stumbling block. Not only is he sponsored by UA, a direct competitor, but the deal would cost him a ton in sponsorship money. Which is why he is probably angling for more in guaranteed pay.

Which is why thread title says "enters testing pool"

because thats as far as things are at the moment.

Woodley is a wrestler with power. GSP beat plenty of guys like him before. I'm glad Bisping turned the fight down. I'm getting at the fact GSP was willing to fight at MW against Bisping but not against Anderson when both were kings. And I know GSP would kill Conor. I'm stating that GSP was up for the Conor fight had Conor beaten Nate.
You're right but he is very explosive and GSP isn't as explosive as he was after his knee surgeries. Not an easy fight at all for Georges. Sure maybe he could use movement and jabs for a couple rounds til Tyron tired but Woodley is super dangerous when he is fresh.

I hear ya. I'm bummed we never got the Silva fight, but it was inches from being made before Silva went dancing with the stars against Demian Maia. By the way GSP did come out and say he had no interest in fighting Conor or Nate. I believe he said that his original statement was taken out of context.

Which is why thread title says "enters testing pool"

because thats as far as things are at the moment.
Oh I know that Dim, wasn't throwing shade at you ;). Just telling everyone else not to get too excited is all lol. Thanks for the info.

GSP v USADA has FOTY all over it. He might've skated with an exemption but Lesnar juicing to the gills and lying through his teeth fucked that for everybody.

I respect Woodley going for the green. But goddamn. Poor Wonderboy, lmao.

After he left the Welterweight division had 5 fights
3 FOTY Contenders
1 Normal fight
1 1st round KO

I don't want more 25 minutes of dry humping and jabbing

Back