Media GSP drilling with big mad triceratops Gordan Ryan

Cool video. I had no idea that Owen Wilson was training MMA.

or was that David Spade?

I love how Danaher is sat there observing like Yoda

Its amazing how GSP still visits the bigger BJJ academy's to get training in, he has been doing it for years. Renzo's, Roger's, now Gordon/Danaher's

I got randomly recommended a Danaher vid of him showing how to do a perfect rnc the other day. I don’t train or anything by I ended up watching the whole thing it’s pretty interesting

I got randomly recommended a Danaher vid of him showing how to do a perfect rnc the other day. I don’t train or anything by I ended up watching the whole thing it’s pretty interesting

Nice, he is the best BJJ coach, and even a great MMA Coach. I think he would be a great life coach in general

Gordon probably destroys him every time they roll seriously but GSP vs Tonon (who is now an MMA fighter) would be interesting to watch them on the ground.
Tonon's defensive wrestling is trash and his guard hasn't evolved.
GSP would dominate him really easily.

Yep, that’s very interesting to watch. There’s no doubt he’s a fantastic coach, breaks things down methodically and clinically. So much technique to a simple RNC.

I love the innovations DDS brings to ground game, but an MMA fighter simply doesn’t require or want to learn all the little things that make someone a phenom in grappling since it would get their head or legs kicked in, during an MMA match.

Dealing with passing the guard in grappling requires a different approach whereas in MMA, you can literally posture, and punch down at an opponents face, if bottom guy inverts, you got hammerfists… Clinches, you got knees and elbows…

Of course GSP gets murked in grappling matches, against the best competition team in grappling today, him conceding or losing positions is normal. All GSP wants is to recognize the set-ups the DDS uses to implement their sophisticated leg lock game and back attacks.
This is so wrong and over-simplifying mma grappling so badly... mma grappling is a huge field of its own.

I like how u said “clinches” as if its some 1 aspect in mma grappling u learn in Few minutes and not a whole science of varieties.
I also like how “inverting” is the only thing you can do in grappling(though I understood ur example)

gsp would get murked in a sport he never competes in? Get outta here. Maybe he’d do better in golf? GSP has amazing grappling and I’ve seen him sub high level adcc champs in pure grappling practice.

I mean, I understand why you’d think the way you think. But its no different than bk in the pioneering days when guys were saying “low kicks and jabs dont work in mma”. Just, look at guys like khabib, the level of grappling he reached in his final few matches in terms of weight distribution is so technical but sadly to the untrained eye they only notice him “mauling” or “triangling legs” and “choking”. You can say the same about many other old school successful mma grapplers with very technical details like Frank Mir.

This is so wrong and over-simplifying mma grappling so badly... mma grappling is a huge field of its own.

I like how u said “clinches” as if its some 1 aspect in mma grappling u learn in Few minutes and not a whole science of varieties.
I also like how “inverting” is the only thing you can do in grappling(though I understood ur example)

gsp would get murked in a sport he never competes in? Get outta here. Maybe he’d do better in golf? GSP has amazing grappling and I’ve seen him sub high level adcc champs in pure grappling practice.

I mean, I understand why you’d think the way you think. But its no different than bk in the pioneering days when guys were saying “low kicks and jabs dont work in mma”. Just, look at guys like khabib, the level of grappling he reached in his final few matches in terms of weight distribution is so technical but sadly to the untrained eye they only notice him “mauling” or “triangling legs” and “choking”. You can say the same about many other old school successful mma grapplers with very technical details like Frank Mir.

First off, I’m not oversimplifying anything. Everyone keeps saying DDS crushes GSP in straight submission grappling, I’m saying so what? Even if they do, it’s expected. GSP is an MMA fighter; that’s his main bread and butter. His grappling is MMA based, he’s not interested in mastering a donkey guard or 50/50. If anything, I’m giving GSP props, because everyone thinks Gordon controlling GSP in pure sub would or is some huge thing. I’m not saying GSP automatically gets destroyed at ADCC or whatever, I’m saying he’s not trying to be an elite, nogi grappler.

Again, in case you missed it; I’m saying GSP focuses on things that make him a better fighter so IF he does lose in a pure grappling match (I said IF), it doesn’t bother him that much since he’s trying to be a better fighter.

First off, I’m not oversimplifying anything. Everyone keeps saying DDS crushes GSP in straight submission grappling, I’m saying so what? Even if they do, it’s expected. GSP is an MMA fighter; that’s his main bread and butter. His grappling is MMA based, he’s not interested in mastering a donkey guard or 50/50. If anything, I’m giving GSP props, because everyone thinks Gordon controlling GSP in pure sub would or is some huge thing. I’m not saying GSP automatically gets destroyed at ADCC or whatever, I’m saying he’s not trying to be an elite, nogi grappler.

Again, in case you missed it; I’m saying GSP focuses on things that make him a better fighter so IF he does lose in a pure grappling match (I said IF), it doesn’t bother him that much since he’s trying to be a better fighter.
But... You weren't replying to anybody... You just wrote that there... why point out the obvious...

Yeah it doesn't surprise me, I want to see Nicky and Mica Galvao, see where the are both at skill wise.

LOL

I would love to think Danaher is the brains behind them getting so jacked, it would make sense with his matrix eye for detail.
I think Gordons Mrs deals with that side of things, it would be interesting to hear Danahers side on this. I wonder if he factors this into his training for them, and has techniques for steroid and non steroid use.
I remember visiting one academy and the teach was showing us how to break a grip, after showing the technique he then said "And if your opponent is on steroids, you break like this" the way he said it was very serious, and every in the class just looked, well you can imagine.
Actually, Danaher said he doesnt force or recommend any specific S&C anything.

Cause no research or result are conclusive about what type of it is best. He just lets his students do whatever they feel comfortable with in that department.

oh and idk if this is true cause that camp says a lot of bs for marketing reasons, but gordon and Craige both said Nick Rod just does bodybuilding exercises just to look good.

Actually, Danaher said he doesnt force or recommend any specific S&C anything.

Cause no research or result are conclusive about what type of it is best. He just lets his students do whatever they feel comfortable with in that department.

oh and idk if this is true cause that camp says a lot of bs for marketing reasons, but gordon and Craige both said Nick Rod just does bodybuilding exercises just to look good.
Nick Rod physique could be achieved natty, but who knows.
Even Gordon before he got super swole, was already looking good naturally. They have some decent genetics regardless of what they use

Last edited:
Nick Rod physique could be achieved natty, but who knows.
Even Gordon before he get super swole, was already looking good naturally. They have some decent genetics regardless of what they use
Who the hell said anything about using...
Who said anything about nick being natty or not?

you sure you read my post right... cause it sounds like ur replying with a random monologue...

Another great video, shame its so short again.
Looks like Gordan is just playing with him, his ability to read his opponents game is on another level.
I hope the next video they post will be full sparring..

Back