GSP couldn't do any damage to Dan Hardy in their fight.

GSP was extremely terrified of losing that fight because it would have been another Serra story. He played it extremely safe and acted like Hardy had some Ngannou power.

When GSP doesnt fight scares to lose hes an absolute monster and he can def inflict the type of punishment Khabib inflicts on his opponents.

Notice how TS confidently states how Khabib would easily defeat Hardy, but did not state how Khabib would do against GSP. That should tell you all you need to know.

And people think that gsp grappling is anywhere near as good as khabib lol. Khabib would demolished Hardy in the first round with incredible ease.

You can't say "would have" to something that never happened. If you can say that, I can say, "no, Hardy would have put Khabib out cold before he had a chance to score the first takedown." Neither of us know what would happen in a hypothetical fight.

It's hard to land anything on your opponent when they're dry humping you.

Can you imagine gsp standing with someone like gaethje? Justin would probably KO gsp faster than what Matt serra did.
Don't hype Justin to be better than what he is because he was lucky enough to run into Tony Ferguson who was stupid enough to cut weight twice in 3 weeks

Khabib may be a better finisher, but GSP can adapt better in a fight against multiple styles.

The moment Khabib can't take his opponent down he's looked very very average on the feet. Which is why he'd struggle against elite wrestlers with actual TDD.

He's lucky he's fighting in LW and not the WW division where there are actual wrestlers (the guy should be fighting at WW).

GSP's standup has been proven against guys he couldn't takedown.

Last edited:
GSP beat a lot of one dimensional fighters and still didn’t get many finishes. His overall skill set is overrated.

Looked average in the standup vs bum striker Shields
looked average on the ground vs bum grappler Hardy

As a GSP fan I have to agree, khabib would ve destroyed hardy on the ground in less than 2 rounds ...

But GSP skills are not made to finish opponents, they are made to win, and he did.

GSP has the better overall resumé, Deal with it.
no, what you mean is gsp had no skill in gnp and khabib is more well rounded. GSP would argue about his skill not being for finishes, if he could have gotten the subs he definitely would have.

no, what you mean is gsp had no skill in gnp and khabib is more well rounded. GSP would argue about his skill not being for finishes, if he could have gotten the subs he definitely would have.
as a grappler khabib is more well rounded yes. As an overall fighter, GSP is in my opinion more well rounded, but I can understand if you think otherwise.

GSP feasted on one dimensional fighters and natural LWs until Hendricks sent him to retirement

1/3/5, get over it.

And he never retired, he'd told Dana he was taking time off before the fight.

It was absolute domination.

GSP was 11 for 11 in takedown attempts. He controlled Hardy for 20:34 of 25 minutes.

Hardy, the striker, landed only 4 significant strikes in 5 round fight. Is that a record?

It wasn't an exciting fight for the casual fan, but it was extremely impressive how GSP completely controlled Hardy from bell to bell.

/ufcstats.com/fight-details/d0e4876ab954d27d

I can play this game too.
5 rounds against a same day replacement real estate agent.
Couldn't finish him and barely bloodied up his nose.
Did I mention he got most of his takedowns stuffed?

Khabib showed he can beat elite wrestlers when he beat _________ that one time.

*crickets*

Recency bias is real but eventually goes away.

theirs a reason why khabib hasn't beaten any top wrestlers....cause there isn't any. simple...wrestlers are no longer dominating the sport...the time is over...where are all the top LW, that are these great wrestlers? gaetcje, pourier, tony...all top guys...none of them are wrestlers...not one of them...there's a reason for that.

It was absolute domination.

GSP was 11 for 11 in takedown attempts. He controlled Hardy for 20:34 of 25 minutes.

Hardy, the striker, landed only 4 significant strikes in 5 round fight. Is that a record?

It wasn't an exciting fight for the casual fan, but it was extremely impressive how GSP completely controlled Hardy from bell to bell.

/ufcstats.com/fight-details/d0e4876ab954d27d
True but I think the point was that Khabib and a lot of other guys would have finished Hardy that night.

I believe there are a LOT of Welterweights and even many Lightweights in their primes who would have finished Hardy.

It's hard to land anything on your opponent when they're dry humping you.

Can you imagine gsp standing with someone like gaethje? Justin would probably KO gsp faster than what Matt serra did.

gaetchje showed, he has absolutely no ground game, whatsover...once he's on his back, he's a fish out of water. so much for his d1 wrestling.

Back