GSP coming off long layoff vs Anderson coming off broken leg recovery- who's favored?

Stylistically I favor GSP but 2 ACL surgeries in a row makes me lean towards Silva.

"Interesting scenario"...? Lol

More like you have too much idle time and not enough hobbies.

"Interesting scenario"...? Lol

More like you have too much idle time and not enough hobbies.

yea, not like you. You have nothing but amazing adventures and sex with 10/10 broads all day every day.

such an awesome, incredible, funny witty guy. keep up the good work totally pwning L0lZ people on sherdog champ.

Any other point in their careers I'd pick GSP because there's no way Anderson stops those double legs at a catchweight and Silva doesn't win the fight on the ground

But now I wouldn't know just because GSP tore another ACL so I'm not sure how he'd look coming back.. But I also don't know how Silva will look coming back from his first losses and his injury too

GSP's apparent lack of giving a fuck about fighting is a bigger problem then his knees IMO. His head/heart just doesnt seem to be in it anymore.

If he starts caring again, he is the favorite even with two reconstructed knees.

I'd favor Anderson on this due to size, double ACL surgery for GSP and the fact that GSP has been soaking too many head shots lately. GSP has slowed down and whether it's motivation or his knee injuries won't change the fact that letting Silva hit you in the face several times is a recipe for an unplanned nap.

Anderson is damn near 40 years old, and has taken a huge decline, as a huge fan of Anderson, I think GSP takes it on the fact that hes younger, still in his prime.

from the looks of Anderson v Weidman 2, Anderson is a shell of his formerself.

I mostly agree with this sentiment, but GSP has faded as well (both knees damaged, head not in the game) so I think Silva would take it. Can't argue with your main points though. Silva looked really frail in both Weidman fights. Neither shot that dropped him looked very powerful and both put him right on his ass.

I would say GSP if it weren't for the fact he messed up his ACL yet again

but assuming he's anything like he was before, I think he can take Anderson down just as easily as Weidman

Correct me if I'm misremembering, but Weidman landed a grand total of two takedowns in his two fights with Silva. In the first fight, he landed a takedown right away, worked for most of the round and then Anderson got up towards the end. In the second round he shot a couple times and Anderson defended. In the rematch, Weidman got Anderson down for less than a couple seconds, then Silva defended all of his other takedowns in the first round, the fight only went to the ground when Weidman knocked him down from the clinch. I don't even think Weidman shot in the second round. Now, granted I would say GSP has a much better shot than Weidman, but we're talking about two guys of compeltely different size here, I remember GSP saying something to the effect of Weidman dominating him when they grappled.

Correct me if I'm misremembering, but Weidman landed a grand total of two takedowns in his two fights with Silva. In the first fight, he landed a takedown right away, worked for most of the round and then Anderson got up towards the end. In the second round he shot a couple times and Anderson defended. In the rematch, Weidman got Anderson down for less than a couple seconds, then Silva defended all of his other takedowns in the first round, the fight only went to the ground when Weidman knocked him down from the clinch. I don't even think Weidman shot in the second round. Now, granted I would say GSP has a much better shot than Weidman, but we're talking about two guys of compeltely different size here, I remember GSP saying something to the effect of Weidman dominating him when they grappled.

Weidman was giving something for Silva to think about with those half-hearted takedown attempts. If he wanted to take Silva down he would have. It wasn't a main part of his game plan. Silva's takedown defense has always been garbage.

Anderson Anderson Anderson gap is to small even at 180 Anderson would be physically to strong he would MA Handel gsp even when I do mean when gap took him down he would not keep him there and he would end up on a Anderson highlight reel snoring no serious mma fan or anyone who knows anything about martial arts can see gsp is no were near Anderson when were talking about fighting on paper he is way better but when it matters Anderson is a nightmare match up for gap and that would take nothing away from gap or his legicy GDP is cemented as one of the goats and always will be he is just physicly not able compete with Anderson it would be like Anderson trying to physicly trying to MA Handel Brock it would not happen

Back