GSP coming off long layoff vs Anderson coming off broken leg recovery- who's favored?

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
If GSP and Anderson were to meet @ catchweight in their return bout, say in December of this year or something, maybe Jan or Feb. No tune-up fights for either guy. Fight is at 180 lbs.

What an interesting scenario. Who do you think would enter as the favorite? Always would have been Anderson in the past, obviously. But with the leg it would seem to make GSP a safe favorite. Except for his long layoff. So what then? How would they even know where to begin to put the opening odds?

In most cases I would take the one in the bigger weight division but then again, GSP gon GSP.

I would say GSP if it weren't for the fact he messed up his ACL yet again

but assuming he's anything like he was before, I think he can take Anderson down just as easily as Weidman

2 ACL tears is worse than Anderson's injury

GSP is Anderson worst matchup in the lower weight classes. Plus, GSP is coming off of multiple wins.

Anderson. GSP doesn't want, or need to fight anymore. If his heart was still in fighting, he'd win under these circumstances I think. But not while his head isn't there.

Silva doesn't have to be worried about getting knocked out so GSP gon lose!

Both have leg injuries thus I would want a karate only match with gi and one foot stance for both whoever keeps there balance the longest is the winner. :icon_chee

Unfortunate this fight never happened when they were both at their peak

Silva.

GSP's head isn't in it anymore.

I would say GSP if it weren't for the fact he messed up his ACL yet again

but assuming he's anything like he was before, I think he can take Anderson down just as easily as Weidman

is it the same knee or both knees?

Anderson is damn near 40 years old, and has taken a huge decline, as a huge fan of Anderson, I think GSP takes it on the fact that hes younger, still in his prime.

from the looks of Anderson v Weidman 2, Anderson is a shell of his formerself.

honestly this is probably what dana is thinking, this fight would easily surpass 1 mil buys

This is the best time for these two to fight because no one will give excuses since both are coming off of injuries.

No one can argue that oh if GSP loses, it's cause he isn't the same anymore since his ACL and now that Anderson has lost, TWICE, coming back from Surgery, no one can say if he loses it's cause his knee surgery because both will be fighting coming back from Surgery. Make this fight now!!! It has to happen now or no one will give a crap about it anymore 2 years from now.

It's funny how they always threw the fight off because new guys always emerged. It was always "IF he wins this next fight, he's fighting Anderson next" but then new guys come like Condit and Hendricks. Same with Anderson, they will never get a chance to fight if they don't do it now.

Unfortunate this fight never happened when they were both at their peak

I know! :(

It would have been an amazing fight I still think GSP would have beaten him by decision though.

His speed and explosiveness with his TD's back in the day were really special to watch.

Back