Gsp comes out of the woodwork for the biggest money event in ufc history

No I mean Dana hates GSP and won't give him another fight after he fucked him around after the Bisping fight
Oh yeah, I totally get what you are saying, but I think with Conor that he can lose to GSP and not have everything all F'd up, like when GSP f'd up the WW and MW straps. If he beat Khabib, Izzy or Usman and took their strap(s), that would be a problem, but a win vs Conor would not hurt the UFC as much.

The issue is: where is GSP and what weight do they fight at? Going down in weight is harder as you get older as you lose speed, much like how Rashad and BJ were shells of their former selves. GSP looked great vs Bisping, but in no way was the marauder that he once was, took tremendous damage and only one because Bisping literally had one eye.
I think if they fight it needs to be at 155. And I agree, it would be a question mark for GSP. It certainly seemed like he was doing test cuts awhile back. GSP is such a perfectionist that I don’t think he’d take a fight at that weight unless he knew he could make the weight in a healthy way and perform. It’s hard to compare it to the Bisping fight, because Georges was a bit smaller and took the most damage trying to hold Bisping down. Hard to say though, it’d be a hell of a fight.

That loser, his shtick is starting to get really old. Cherry picking opponents and running when the competition gets tough. Even from a financial perspective, why let this guy derail major money makers for the UFC?

Calling the GOAT a loser?

You are pathetic. Even if he is cherry-picking who can blame him. He has a ton of octagon miles. He is doing precisely what every fighter should do in retirement. Staying very fit, saving his money and staying open to a rare superfight.

Oh yeah, I totally get what you are saying, but I think with Conor that he can lose to GSP and not have everything all F'd up, like when GSP f'd up the WW and MW straps. If he beat Khabib, Izzy or Usman and took their strap(s), that would be a problem, but a win vs Conor would not hurt the UFC as much.

very true, and it'd be a fight that I'd love to see. But I think Dana is too vindictive to let it happen.

very true, and it'd be a fight that I'd love to see. But I think Dana is too vindictive to let it happen.
That is a good point, homie. Another issue is why pay GSP big bucks to fight Conor when you can pay Cerrone 200K and pull as much as the same people? If Conor is doing 2 million PPV vs Cerrone, coming of two losses and years off, then he can pull huge numbers vs anyone. Anyone that will buy a GSP card is buying Conor by himself pretty much, so you are not really tapping in to new demographics. It's not spreading out your pulling power and bad business.

I think GSP is far removed from his prime but would still most likely beat Conor and Khabib rather easily.

khabib vs Tony
khabib vs justin
khabib vs gsp
khabib vs conor 2

It wouldn't be a guaranteed win for khabib because he should be a heavy underdog if he fought gsp.

If Dana had confidence in khabib beating GSP that fight would have been made already they know GSP will almost certainly win and leave again. If they had faith in khabib they would take the big money fight and grow his name even more off GSP.
LOL at Khabib being a heavy underdog if he fought GSP. You have that backwards, GSP would be the betting underdog. A almost 40 year old GSP would be coming back at 155 a class he has never fought, and his last fight at 170 was 7 years ago. I wish the book makers were that dumb to have GSP as a heavy favorite over Khabib, but unfortunately they aren't.

Fuck that, no one wants to see that fight...GSP is old news. GOAT WW for sure but long...long time ago and he wont do anything but wrestle Conor so no fucking ty.

I think GSP is far removed from his prime but would still most likely beat Conor and Khabib rather easily.
GSP is big and people are saying that he is fucking strong for his size. With his ability to adapt to any type of fighter ; Conor and Khabib would both have a long night of work..

LOL at Khabib being a heavy underdog if he fought GSP. You have that backwards, GSP would be the betting underdog. A almost 40 year old GSP would be coming back at 155 a class he has never fought, and his last fight at 170 was 7 years ago. I wish the book makers were that dumb to have GSP as a heavy favorite over Khabib, but unfortunately they aren't.

You should probably learn to read should and would are not the same word

Gsp is looking lean and ready for 155. I expect GSP VS Conor to be the next fight for Conor.
Are we talking 155 ooor 155 at 170???
That’s the difference between fighting Connie the tapper and Connie 2.0 on steak.

Back