GSP can manhandle Robbie, or Tyron, or even Wonderboy...

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he is in top shape. I dunno if he is though. He has been through the MMA years. He has faced the top guys for a ton of years. It seems like the consensus is that wonderboy is the guy to beat. Seriously. Wonderboy would be on his back the whole fight getting beat up if the real GSP showed up. Woodley has a better chance by a longshot of beating GSP. I'd even go so far as to say Woodley has about a 80% better chance to beat GSP than wonderboy. Wonderboy would get snuffed out and smothered in about 20 seconds.

So would Wonderboy be on his back getting smothered or would he be "snuffed out in 20 seconds"? I agree Wonderboy is a more favorable matchup for GSP, but I don't know what exactly you're predicting. Georges would jab the shit out of Woodley all night as well though. Robbie has the best shot at beating GSP.

Woodley is a legit D1 wrestler so he might be able to hang with GSP in the wrestling department.

Woodley is a legit D1 wrestler so he might be able to hang with GSP in the wrestling department.
Joffrey-gets-slapped-5.gif

Don't you know anything yet, boy? GSP eats D1 wrestlers with his poutine for breakfast.

Prime GSP was incredible, I'm excited to see how he performs.

Maybe in his prime. I think that first knee injury took a ton out of him. He hasn't looked like the same fighter since then, he should of lost to Hendricks, and since then he's had another acl tear and surgery and like 4 years off. So most likely a lesser version than the one who should have lost to Hendricks. I think that GSP probably loses to Wonderboy. Might be able to beat everyone else.

Yup i agree. If gsp comes back i could see him beating pretty much anyone in the top 5. So might be a another little title reign in his future

If he is in top shape. I dunno if he is though. He has been through the MMA years. He has faced the top guys for a ton of years. It seems like the consensus is that wonderboy is the guy to beat. Seriously. Wonderboy would be on his back the whole fight getting beat up if the real GSP showed up. Woodley has a better chance by a longshot of beating GSP. I'd even go so far as to say Woodley has about a 80% better chance to beat GSP than wonderboy. Wonderboy would get snuffed out and smothered in about 20 seconds.
The real question is can you handle wonderboy, woodley or lawler im interested to hear your say, enlighten the fellow sherdoggers and I.

Woodley is a horrible match up for GSP. I don't think that would go well for him... He's like a faster version of prime Johny. Lawler I think he could take. Wonderboy would be super interesting, not sure how that would go.

This is GSP the last time he faced a D1 wrestler
407_gsp_and_johny_hendricks.0.jpg

He lost that fight, and hes coming off another ACL tear and 3 years off. The dude can actually lose to all three of those guys if he comes back he isnt unbeatable especially now.

GSP easily took down legit D1 wrestlers like Koschek and Fitch. Woodley wouldn't be a problem.

Y'all forget gsp in his last fight? He's past his prime. Wonderboy ko's him

GSP easily took down legit D1 wrestlers like Koschek and Fitch. Woodley wouldn't be a problem.
And then lost to hendricks who is also a D1 wrestler , im just saying, if anyone can pose GSP problems. Its woodley.

GSP it's over buddy, inactivity is no good for a fighter and Father time is undefeated

Woodley is a horrible match up for GSP. I don't think that would go well for him... He's like a faster version of prime Johny. Lawler I think he could take. Wonderboy would be super interesting, not sure how that would go.

I think GSP would neutralize Woodley with gameplan and the threat of a takedown. I don't feel like Woodley can stay in there for more than two rounds without gassing horribly and losing all his power.

This is GSP the last time he faced a D1 wrestler
407_gsp_and_johny_hendricks.0.jpg

He lost that fight, and hes coming off another ACL tear and 3 years off. The dude can actually lose to all three of those guys if he comes back he isnt unbeatable especially now.
Diaz was a D1 wrestler?

I think GSP would neutralize Woodley with gameplan and the threat of a takedown. I don't feel like Woodley can stay in there for more than two rounds without gassing horribly and losing all his power.
But that would depend on if GSP could avoid getting blasted by one of those bombs he calls fists :p

& i'm not so sure if he could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back