GSP better return quick before the new rules get implimented

it says attempting to win the fight, not finish it
and losing fighter

it doesn't have a lot of bearing on gsp's style

if anything, it seems rounds he wins in which his opponent can do little can be scored 10-8 for him from now on
Under these new rules, GSP would have won the Jon Fitch fight 50-41 or even 50-40...

GSP was the smallest top WW in the world. Why would he struggle when his weight cut was so ridiculously easy his team had been trying to get him to fight at LW for years? He's the same size as many of the top LW's, and smaller than some of them too.
And yet HE never wanted to drop down to LW, maybe thats because he felt like he couldnt drop the weight?

Maybe i was exaggerating when i said he was a big WW, but he certainly isnt tiny (See Matt Serra).

And yet HE never wanted to drop down to LW, maybe thats because he felt like he couldnt drop the weight?

Maybe i was exaggerating when i said he was a big WW, but he certainly isnt tiny (See Matt Serra).
Or maybe because he felt like he was the best WW of all time so why bother. He has said in interviews he is much smaller than other WW and could drop to LW. I think he felt his legacy would be better staying at WW.

Serra likely weighed the same or more than GSP when they fought. GSP has a perfectly proportioned body so he looks bigger, but as far as actual weight it was likely equal.

So looking at the new rules a 10-9 round specifies.

"Did the losing fighter compete with an attitude of attempting to win the fight or just to survive the offensive actions of their opponent? "

GSP won by a nut hair in his last match, and lets face it, a few years of inactivity does no one good. This is a win or bust year for GSP. His matches are comparable to Damien Maia who I don't even care to see in the first place.

Source of new rules:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...-changes-to-mma-scoring-criteria-new-rules-in

What do you mean win or bust? How can GSP ever bust? He's already WW Goat and overall Goat candidate. He can come back and lose 3 fights in a row, and his Goatness won't change.

He can't be a bust... but unless he gets busted.... that's a different story.

Under these new rules, GSP would have won the Jon Fitch fight 50-41 or even 50-40...
It's funny how people act like GSP blanketed people, when the facts are he threw non stop strikes and was very active on the ground. He just did not overcommit.

How does questioning something make someone a hater? Are you all that simple minded? I'm just worried that he will struggle winning the judges decision given his game plans.

Name a GSP fight where he just layed on top of someone for EVERY ROUND, didn't do anything and got repeatedly stood up by the ref? GSP mixes up Striking, Take downs, Ground and pounds, passes guard and goes for submissions.

Yes his last fight he won by a very thin margin but what about every fight before that. Every one of his wins was VERY dominant. If all he did was lay and pray as you say, how come he has landed more significant strikes than anyone else in the UFC?

He's a small guy for WW which you would know if you watched MMA. There are bigger LWs.

He's walking around at about 200 in pretty damn good shape, that is not small by any means. There are definately taller guys in WW though, but in terms of lean mass, GSP is one of the bigger.

GSP 50-45 every one of his fights under the new rules. You are the reason people want white belts to not be able to make new posts.

I agree with you, sometimes I think epople forget that it is MMA and not just a striking event. GSP mixed it up with take downs and striking better than anyone. Damian is one of the very best grapplers in the game today with excellent submissions. Not recognizing their talents just shows very little regard and understanding of MMA.

I'm betting GSP actually finishes Tyron who will likely gas in later rounds.

Also I'm all for rules making fighters stop putting on boring fights and play it too safe.

Guys like Tyron Woodley, Lawler, Hendricks, Lombard are the reason why GSP "retired" in his prime at 31.
He can't take down or strike with those guys, they are risky fights and GSP doesn't like risky, he likes going into a fight knowing he can take the opponent down and controlling him or jabbing him for 5 rounds.

trolls gonna troll.

he always fights to win. had many exciting fights

Back