GSP asked for Diaz to distract us from avoiding Silva

Anderson is the one who said he wouldn't be able to fight until the end of 2013 because he wants to make movies. GSP doesn't care to sit around and wait for Anderson. He wants to defend his title again, which he will be doing again in a few months, like a real champion should, and he took the most compelling fight in his division.

GSP said if he moves up in weight it will be PERMANENT. He doesn't believe in jumping between weight classes. After he beats Diaz and Hendricks he'll move to MW and let his teammate Rory contend for the WW championship.

GSP said if he moves up in weight it will be PERMANENT. He doesn't believe in jumping between weight classes. After he beats Diaz and Hendricks he'll move to MW and let his teammate Rory contend for the WW championship.

Yeah that isn't true.

GSP is a welterweight not a middleweight, i don't want to see that fight at all.
It's boring, it's obvious Anderson Silva will win so what's the point?

I want to see him fight the best in his weightclass.

Maybe GSP should have just said no like Silva did to Jones. Then you guys could lay off of him like you have with Silva....

Silva asked for GSP to distract us from fighting Jones.

Gsp doesn't want to fight either Hendricks or Silva. Everyone knows Hendricks is the #1 contender, and Silva is Silva.

he's avoiding someone who's not even in his weight class? sounds legit :rolleyes:

never mind silva took a vacation when there was a clear cut #1 contender in weidman :icon_lol:

DIaz is in his weight class so its a better match up for him, he is not supposed to do whatever the fans want but whats best for him

Champs want to remain Champs for several reasons..... big bucks, swagger, big gold belts, big bucks, #1 status, respect, big bucks, big bucks, big bucks...

I would have no problems if GSP said "I'm ducking Anderson Silva because I don't want to risk my career"... I wouldn't blame him one bit, put yourself in Georges shoes, I would want to risk all that for one meaningless super-fight... it's dumb... superfights only work when it's same VS same from opposing organizations... like if Wand fought Chuck back in the day, or N.Diaz VS GSP when Nick was the WW champ at Strikeforce.... same weightclasses.

he wanted to fight another 6'+ striker to get ready for anderson's height advantage...

I think most people (people like myself, anyway) want this fight to see if having an opponent St. Pierre doesn't like has an effect on his performance. Personally, the only reason I'm even vaguely interested in this fight is to see if GSP can finish Diaz.

Some delusional Diaz fans actually believe he is somehow the #1 Contender, I don't - I literally just want to see GSP dominate Diaz and possibly finish, Matt Serra II-esque.

LOL GSP has not be the most enthusiastic about the Silva fight. But he's wanted Diaz pretty bad.

If you drink the tears of your typical Diaz fan do you get high?

Back