Gsp arguably has the greatest boxing in MMA history

i love gsp but theres a few couple i can think that are higher.

if were talking about just pure fisticuffs (hands only) i would say

1. anderson silva
2. conor macgregor (no im not a conor nuthugger, but he does have tremendous hands for an mma fighter)
3. stipe

hon mentions fedor, vitor, liddel

It's up there. His Jab alone and willingness to use it heavily makes him hard to deal with in punching distance with his fairly good reach. And yeah the left hook only compliments it further. I won't say it's conclusively the best. But it's definitely proven very good and effective at elite level.

i love gsp but theres a few couple i can think that are higher.

if were talking about just pure fisticuffs (hands only) i would say

1. anderson silva
2. conor macgregor (no im not a conor nuthugger, but he does have tremendous hands for an mma fighter)
3. stipe

hon mentions fedor, vitor, liddel
Silva lmao

Listen here wannabe floyd, gsp has the best boxing adapted to MMA ever! No contest.

Have you ever even seen him throw more than three punches in combination. Yeah he has a great jab but that’s literally it. Jabbing leads to the entire dance that is boxing Gsp used one tool well in mma. The list of more well adapted MMA boxers than gsp is long. That’s not a knock on GSP it’s a commentary of you absolute lack of understanding of boxing.

tenor.gif

Wow. I’ve heard about his wrestling. But he does have a sweet jab.

Not sure I would classify GSP as having Great Boxing. He was the most complete package up until that point. No one had that high a level of so many skills, along with amazing conditioning and a fanatic fighter IQ.

Noons, maybe Rog Nog, maybe Aleks Emelianenko?

GSP? Naw.

Holloway has bad MMA boxing. No defence and no power.
He lands from way more angles and has a wider selection of punches,, and in boxing, I'd put the ability to land on your opponent over defense and landing just a jab. Let's not act like Gsp was ko'ing people with his fists all the time

He lands from way more angles and has a wider selection of punches,, and in boxing, I'd put the ability to land on your opponent over defense and landing just a jab. Let's not act like Gsp was ko'ing people with his fists all the time
Gsp hit hard bro. Top 5 punchers in WW history.

His striking is what made me get into MMA. The way he covered distance using that long range jab was a thing of beauty. He didnt develop much else though and always fought conservative so you never got to enjoy it fully. I would say his striking is unique and very effective for MMA though no doubt.

This is legitimately the stupidest thing I’ve ever read.. gsp has the best boxing ever in mma? It doesn’t even deserve an answer

I think GSP is clearly a GOAT candidate (although not mine) and he did have an excellent jab.

But there’s more to boxing than just jabbing and distance and I disagree that he’s the GOAT boxer in MMA.
5/5 Polite disagreement.
I agree there's more to boxing than a good jab, but all-time greats like Mayweather were also great point-fighters with little KO power/desire. Until GSP's very end he was really great at boxing and not getting hit. . . (and takedowns).

Back