GSP: ''Anderson Silva is the GOAT''

EricSpider

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Cliffs from GSP's Combate interview:

''We always had a good relationship. I have nothing bad to say about anyone, specially him. Anderson was always a gentleman, always. He is an example, he is a legend, he is a model for sport, he is the best fighter who has ever stepped in the octagon. He is the best fighter of all time. Watching him fight is like being inside a sci-fi movie, like being in the Matrix movie, it's amazing, so much fun. I remember when he knocked out Vitor Belfort with a front kick, and I had never seen anything like it before. He does things that no one has ever done before, he is unbelievable, an incredible fighter. It is the best fighter that ever existed.''

''Everyone has their moment to shine, but you never shine forever. It's like a candle. You will have the fire there, the glow for a while, but the candle doesn't last forever. We all had our brilliant moments in the octagon. When you speak the best of all time, it is difficult to know who you are in the general discussion, it is impossible to say. Maybe you are the best at that time, at that time, in that fight, but if you fight again ten times you may never have the same performance against the same opponent again. So, whenever you have an experience, a fight, you are no longer the same person you were in the previous fight. You may be better or worse, because of your own experiences. But for me, without a doubt, on my list, Anderson Silva was the best of all time, pound for pound. In the mind of every martial artist, Anderson has to be there in the first place. The kind of thing he did we never saw from anyone else in the octagon. He was the first and in many ways he is still the one and only.''

https://globoesporte.globo.com/comb...nenhuma-foi-o-melhor-de-todos-os-tempos.ghtml

EHGwIGixfKh19dEBxBwtFLGgjOU7fz7tC5uP0KOSLz0.gif

GSP: Fitch is the best fighter I ever fought.
GSP: Kos is the best fighter I ever fought.
GSP: Alves the best fighter I ever fought.
GSP: Diaz is the best fighter I ever fought.
GSP: Shielsd is the best fighter I ever fought.
GSP: Condit is the best fighter I ever fought.

He's just being nice, LOL!

GSP being respectful like always...

I agree, Anderson is fucking amazing and one of the all-time greats. Legendary fighter.

He can't be GOAT, however, because he tested positive for steroids.

NO ONE WHO HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR STEROIDS CAN BE GOAT

Cliffs from GSP's Combate interview:

''I remember when he knocked out Vitor Belfort with a front kick, and I had never seen anything like it before. He does things that no one has ever done before, he is unbelievable, an incredible fighter. It is the best fighter that ever existed.''

Wrong.
seagal2.0_standard_709.0.0.jpg

I agree.

In any sport, to be considered the GOAT you have to be the best for a lengthy period of time.

Michael Jordan
Tiger Woods/Jack Nicklaus
Wayne Gretzky
Roger Federer
Aleksandr Karelin

All these gentlemen reigned as champion for many, many years. It's borderline ridiculous tbh, and I'm a big fan of his.

A 2-year reign as champion with only 3 defences is simply not enough for Khabib to be called GOAT.

The other day he listed about 5 fighters that were the GOAT at a specific point in time.

The thing that stands out the most to me is his humility. He never called himself that. That resonates, and speaks to his humble nature, and character. To be so good, but never blowing your own horn.

I saw it just after I got into the sport. In the promo vid right before he fought Bisping, he said. This win “will help solidify me as ONE of the Greatest Of All Time”

The man has many lessons to teach. You just have to be open minded enough to receive them.

Back