GSP and the GOAT discussion vs. confirmed PED users.

That's cool and all I'm saying is that people simply don't believe him so they're not distinguishing him from those on the GOAT rankings who have popped, and a case like Lance gives ample reason not to. You do know that Lance never popped once right? Never

My point is that that is not an acceptable reason to place him lower than those who are bonafide Roid Users on the GOAT rankings, that's all.

You do know that Lance never popped once right? Never

Well other than the 4 he failed in the 1999 TdF but he got off with that claiming he was using corticosteroids to treat saddle sores.
The UCI believed him and a TUE was backdated allowed him to get away with it.

And they also retested the 1999 samples in 2005 and found EPO but as there wasn't an A and B sample at that point he got away with it.

So other than the tests he failed, he never popped once other than the times when he did.

Again what's puzzling to me is that not one individual has been able to present an argument to my initial question other than accusing GSP of PEDs. And again the complete ignorance of GOAT canditates with an actual history of PED usage are not being penalized in the general discussion.

We are left with no choice to accept this as complete fanboy bias and 'oh this fighter made me feel emotion when he finished x, y and z'.

I am asking for a direct comparison to GSP and ROID users within the framework of a GOAT discussion.

Well other than the 4 he failed in the 1999 TdF but he got off with that claiming he was using corticosteroids to treat saddle sores.The UCI believed him and a TUE was backdated allowed him to get away with it.
And they also retested the 1999 samples in 2005 and found EPO but as there wasn't an A and B sample at that point he got away with it.
So other than the tests he failed, he never popped once other than the times when he did.

so other than the times that didn't officially count as positive doping test failures, he didn't

I am studying the effects of PEDs in my major of Kinesiology and the benefits are absolutely staggering. Enough to make you take a few steps backwards, literally.

Why ignore this? Can i get someone to tell me why they would do this? Ignore this massive illegitimate and massive advantage their heroes have indulged in?

From a fans standpoint it's either you're ok with it or you're not. I don't bother trying to reason with the "allow peds" camp. It's the same argument over and over and a waste of time.
As for the UFC, the short answer is money. I think the Jones fiasco we are all seeing unfold right now makes it pretty obvious.

GSP Fanboys’ rules

1. Failing a test under USADA means that they used PED’s for every single fight in their career, from beginning to end.

2. Quitting before USADA and not ever failing a test means the fighter never used.

3. Anyone who fought in Pride used, because they didn’t test for PED’s.

Almost all top athletes are on PEDs.

He barely has knockouts for crying out loud

It says everything that his fans post homoerotic pictures of him looking buff as a way to support him, instead of posting Gifs of his knockouts and good moves like the fans of Anderson, Jon Jones, etc. do

GSP Fanboys’ rules

1. Failing a test under USADA means that they used PED’s for every single fight in their career, from beginning to end.

2. Quitting before USADA and not ever failing a test means the fighter never used.

3. Anyone who fought in Pride used, because they didn’t test for PED’s.
Good post bud

They completely ignore who comes to finish fights and knock people out, and who is a little point fighter

And they come up with metrics like 'avenged losses' to prop up GSP, when Dana said GSP lost to Hendricks, and GSP has basically retired from welterweight since that fight

I am against PEDs but unfortunately we live in a world where cheaters will in most cases be several steps ahead of testing. Silva and Jones were both caught but to me that means that GSP was smart enough to not get caught. Just looking at him, I have a hard time seeing how he can maintain that physique when he’s an MMA fighter, not a fitness competitor. Fedor also never got caught but you would have to be delusional to think he was not on PEDs just like everyone else in Pride (and in MMA overall).

Almost all top athletes are on PEDs.

I remember feeling kind of sad when this stuff about Carl Lewis came out.
In my childish mind, Ben Johnson had cheated to beat my honest, hardworking American hero, Carl Lewis.
Turns out Lewis might not have been such an angel himself.
But I’ll never know for sure if Lewis was actually a juicer.

Here’s an article:
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSBRE98M0PT20130923

Gsp has had one of the most immaculate careers in MMA history, cleaned out his division 3 times consecutively and moved up in weight to capture the middleweight title, albeit against a champion many consider to be inadequate, after a multi year layoff. I personally believe he his the greatest MMA persona of all time.

But what I can't seem to wrap my head around is individuals who believe MMA artists who have had just as impressive careers with the taint of performance enhancing drugs attributed to their names reach his status.

Is this just a blatant ignorance of the rules and the laws of MMA to satisfy their own personal heroes the glory that they would have achieved without the blemish, and this is where the crux of my inquiry lies, of rule breaking.
Immaculate? He TAPPED TO STRIKES. No goat. Stop ducking and hiding from this fact you weasel.

Gsp has had one of the most immaculate careers in MMA history, cleaned out his division 3 times consecutively and moved up in weight to capture the middleweight title, albeit against a champion many consider to be inadequate, after a multi year layoff. I personally believe he his the greatest MMA persona of all time.

But what I can't seem to wrap my head around is individuals who believe MMA artists who have had just as impressive careers with the taint of performance enhancing drugs attributed to their names reach his status.

Is this just a blatant ignorance of the rules and the laws of MMA to satisfy their own personal heroes the glory that they would have achieved without the blemish, and this is where the crux of my inquiry lies, of rule breaking.

We have fighters and people with inside knowledge saying that GSP used for years.

We have th NSAC detailing how suspicious he was when random testing was proposed.

We have the fact that he already cheated with vaseline, so we know he's not above it.

Do you honestly think GSP was the 1 top guy who was 100% natty in the UFC ?

If so, I have some bridges to sell that you're gonna love.

Back