GSP and Hendricks beating a purime Fitch looks even better

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
he was 13-2-1 in the UFC and the draw many thought he shouldve had against BJ

after the FOTN with Erick it was clear he was on a decline. He didnt have the best resume but he was seen as the #2 WW for a long time and even P4P ranked for a short period

Purime GSP made him look like a regional fighter and Hendricks KOd him in seconds.

Hes picked up losses since then but now hes had a nice stureak. Wins over Okami, Daley, Shields and Foster all these dudes are past it to some degree except maybe Daley but so is Fitch and now he just had a draw with Hory Macdonald and arguably won.

Many argue that new breed/gen of fighters are just on another level but in divisions like WW that isnt the case. Hory has beaten guys like Woodley and Lima and had b2b tooth and nail wars with Lawler. Hory is still only 29 yet he arguably lost to a washed Jon Fitch.

I kinda felt Rory was better against some common GSP opponents, but GSP clearly did much better against Fitch than Rory.

he was 13-2-1 in the UFC and the draw many thought he shouldve had against BJ

after the FOTN with Erick it was clear he was on a decline. He didnt have the best resume but he was seen as the #2 WW for a long time and even P4P ranked for a short period

Purime GSP made him look like a regional fighter and Hendricks KOd him in seconds.

Hes picked up losses since then but now hes had a nice stureak. Wins over Okami, Daley, Shields and Foster all these dudes are past it to some degree except maybe Daley but so is Fitch and now he just had a draw with Hory Macdonald and arguably won.

Many argue that new breed/gen of fighters are just on another level but in divisions like WW that isnt the case. Hory has beaten guys like Woodley and Lima and had b2b tooth and nail wars with Lawler. Hory is still only 29 yet he arguably lost to a washed Jon Fitch.
The "new breed" doesn't actually exist yet.

Well rounded fighters are just the norm now instead of the exception and weight cutting tactics have advanced to the point that each divisions average size is 10 lbs or so heavier than it was before.

The skill sets if the elite old guard would still be effective today though since it was basically the blueprint for the modern fighters.

I remember when majority of people said rory would beat woodley again and bellator had the best welterweight in the world hahaha

I kinda felt Rory was better against some common GSP opponents, but GSP clearly did much better against Fitch than Rory.

BJ - Hory did better compared to GSPs 1st go
Condit and Fitch - clearly GSP

those are the only 3 common opponents they have so im not sure what ur talking about here

Not a GSP fan, but to say his competition during his WW defenses were not stacked is a falsehood.

I remember when majority of people said rory would beat woodley again and bellator had the best welterweight in the world hahaha

I guess a big money contract was good but in terms of Rorys career legacy it was a bad move.

Why is he taking so much damage too? Ever since the Lawler fight. He used to be more elusive.

Um.. did you hear Rory's post fight interview? That's not the Rory we saw in the UFC. Rory has declined massively in Bellator. As in -- even more than a 41 year Fitch has since leaving the UFC.

So was this just another thread made to suck GSP's irrelevant dick?

‘Purime’ Is spelled ‘Purim’ , but Fitch wasn’t wearing a costume.

Many argue that new breed/gen of fighters are just on another level but in divisions like WW that isnt the case. Hory has beaten guys like Woodley and Lima and had b2b tooth and nail wars with Lawler. Hory is still only 29 yet he arguably lost to a JUICED Jon Fitch.
FTFY

Last edited:
I guess a big money contract was good but in terms of Rorys career legacy it was a bad move.

Why is he taking so much damage too? Ever since the Lawler fight. He used to be more elusive.
Lawler ended Rory's prime. Can't take beatings like that and ever be the same.

prime fitch is not as good as PED Fitch

both versions of GSP and Hendricks would lose to Fitch today

the power of PEDS
rory-macdonald-jon-fitch.jpg

upload_2019-4-28_10-17-48.jpeg

Back