GSP A

Jay Jay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This article is from 2010, but it's worth noting because GSP has high praises for the oft-bashed Gegard Mousasi amongst UFC-only fans

Georges St. Pierre talking to SI.com about his first training session with Gegard Mousasi
“I see myself [in Mousasi], but two weight classes above. He’s a great fighter. He’s very open-minded. He’s amazing. He taught me two great techniques. Those two things I learned today are worth my whole trip. I’m very happy, and I’m going to be working on it a lot…[Mousasi] does things that he doesn’t even know he does well. He does things he doesn’t think about. He just does it. It’s really amazing. It’s something not everybody has. You can’t teach that. There is something from him that I know I can learn. If I can help him at the same time, we both are going to gain from each other. It’s a great experience…If I could have a choice between money, fame or wisdom and knowledge, I would take wisdom first, without hesitation. I’m already a better fighter than I was before the practice. I have more knowledge.”

-Georges St-Pierre on Gegard Mousasi in 2010

gsp_mousasi-610x406.jpg

I think it also says something about Gegard when Firas Zahibi does everything in his power to try and recruit Gegard Mousasi back then. It's a case of true talent having an eye for another special talent.

Firas Zahabi Is Trying to Recruit Gegard Mousasi as a Sparring Partner For GSP

Mousasi with a good team would be nice.

damn never new Mousasi was friends with GSP, kinda of become a fan of his after the Kyle fight and after reading this he's probably in my top 5 favourite LHW's

Thank You for posting this, good stuff. GSP is very well-rounded, but continues to push his own development with new sparring partners, which is admirable. For his part, Mousasi could definitely learn MMA wrestling from TriStar - that is, while there are certainly many decorated amateur wrestlers in the world, GSP's team has mastered how to seamlessly incorporate wrestling and striking into one nearly unstoppable package.

Two very technical, cool-minded fighters right there.

seeing two top guys train together, especially the combo here, considering both their strengths, makes me even more pumped to see their next outing - wonder what GSP is talking about, what technique, standing or something else?

This article is from 2010, but it's worth noting because GSP has high praises for the oft-bashed Gegard Mousasi amongst UFC-only fans

Georges St. Pierre talking to SI.com about his first training session with Gegard Mousasi

gsp_mousasi-610x406.jpg

I think it also says something about Gegard when Firas Zahibi does everything in his power to try and recruit Gegard Mousasi back then. It's a case of true talent having an eye for another special talent.

Firas Zahabi Is Trying to Recruit Gegard Mousasi as a Sparring Partner For GSP

mousasi is awesome

I could see him going to train at Hayastan's/Glendale Fighting Club. Trained at both before and there's a strong armenian contingent there.

seeing two top guys train together, especially the combo here, considering both their strengths, makes me even more pumped to see their next outing - wonder what GSP is talking about, what technique, standing or something else?

this, they're both world class in different disciplines and there kind of similar personality wise, and just like you said reading shit like this makes you pumped to see the fighters compete

Gegard has the talent most MMA fighters lacks, and he will be the LHW champion very soon

GSP... don't make him a point fighter, please.

Ok, but there is nothing to say that Tristar is currently trying to recruit Mousasi again. They trained in 2010. Had a positive experience and went their own ways. No recent developments. So... Lets not get too carried away about Mousasi joining Tristar in 2013.

I bet he's learning all them tricks Gegard picked up from Fedor. Sneaky.

GSP... don't make him a point fighter, please.

This is mma. These guys put their lives and health on the line every time they step in the cage. They aren't wearing padding and head gear. There is no such thing as a point fighter being one of the greatest World Champions in the sport. Learn the sport a bit and try again.

this, they're both world class in different disciplines and there kind of similar personality wise, and just like you said reading shit like this makes you pumped to see the fighters compete

definitely - GSP's standing is already good enough for the WW's he has faced, 2 out of his last 3 fights were entirely on the feet, but to see him take that leap to the next level of breaking someone down would be nice - And obviously if the Mousasi can keep it standing that's a good thing

Back