Gsp’s resume

I never said anything about that. All I said is that Khabib admitted being scared to fight GSP at 170 and that he wouldn't do it if that fight was offered to him.
He never said he was scared. He said 170 isn't his natural, hes too small, which is true. But Khabib was initially ok with a catchweight.

Not that it matters, both guys wanted the fight but Dana didn't. Is what it is

I think Khabib is the better wrestler. I think GSP is the better fighter. I think GSP is better in the clinch, has better offensive (not defensive) striking, cardio, and quite a few categories. All together it could go either way if the two fought. Prime for prime id pick whichever fighter is in their natural weight class. I think they are both at the perfect weight class and I don’t think either could sacrifice significant advantages to the other and still win.

From strictly a resume perspective it’s GSP and it’s not close.
I agree with most if that. Khabib's clinch game is better imo. And I'd say GSP is the better wrestler. Khabib is the better grappler

I agree with most if that. Khabib's clinch game is better imo. And I'd say GSP is the better wrestler. Khabib is the better grappler
Fair enough. I guess what I mean when I said “khabib is a better wrestler”...I specifically mean top control. I think Khabibs top control is the best I’ve ever seen. I just can’t picture anyone subbing him. Once you’re in that spot, it feels like your best chance is to survive and hope the round will end.

Athletically I think GSP is superior and his trips, takedowns, and tosses were done more consistently and against really prestigious wrestlers like Matt hughes.

UFC79-GSPXMattHughes-R2-2-TD-400-sg.gif

If you google GSP takedown Matt hughes you can see many many gifs of him just tossing him around. Like, it’s ridiculous how good GSP was in the clinch. He also could inflict striking damage in the clinch which I don’t know I’ve seen much of from khabib off the top of my head. So even if your sitting on the takedown he’ll chip away at your body and legs till you cheat up and try to block one..and boom, even one of the historically strongest fighters, and wrestlers is on his ass. Over and over and over. It’s hard to imagine khabib bullying him in the clinch.

Back