Gsp’s Champ Champ status the most impressive?

All of the champ champ status' are flawed. GSP didn't hold two at the same time..true he never lost the WW strap, but he did really lose to Johnny and Bisping was legit, but ripe for the pickings..D.C. never beat Jones, Conor never defended either, but imo his is the second most legit one, because he did starch both of the legit champs at the time..Nunes would be the most impressive if the females had been around long enough..Maybe if she had gotten the belt off Ronda and Cyborg had a deeper division. The win over cyborg has to hold more weight than anything, because beating her is basically like beating a small guy because of her power and she beat her by ko

Wha was most impressive about GSP is how he often made top guys look like fish out of water.

I would say Hendo's personally, I mean you can argue he wasnt really dominant at 185 I spose and that MIrko had started Wand's decline but still he stepped up and dethroned the guy who had been ontop for 6 years.

Nunes, since she has dominated and essentially cleaned out both divisions, plus beating the champ of the next division lower twice.

After that Cejudo probably since he is the only other one to have defended both belts at the same time(even tho I still dont think he beat DJ). Conor could be in that convo as the first simultaneous holder that started others trying to do it really. GSP in that convo as well for the reasons TS listed, and my fav fighter, so I'll go with him anyways :)

He’s easily and objectively the worst one.
No, Conor is the worst one, easy.
I’d say Cormier is the best, he held both simultaneously and defended both against good competition.

Nunes, since she has dominated and essentially cleaned out both divisions, plus beating the champ of the next division lower twice.

After that Cejudo probably since he is the only other one to have defended both belts at the same time(even tho I still dont think he beat DJ). Conor could be in that convo as the first simultaneous holder that started others trying to do it really. GSP in that convo as well for the reasons TS listed, and my fav fighter, so I'll go with him anyways :)
She didn’t really clean out FW, it was just empty already.

Wha was most impressive about GSP is how he often made top guys look like fish out of water.
Frank Trigg basically cried after what GSP did to him. It was a big eye opener after how competitive he was with Hughes

No, Conor is the worst one, easy.
I’d say Cormier is the best, he held both simultaneously and defended both against good competition.

aldo and Alvarez are two great scalps.
It’s certainly better than losing to Hendricks and then beating a 40 year old cyclops.

It’s certainly better than losing to Hendricks and then beating a 40 year old cyclops.
Accept GSP as your lord and savior. He has hair! You didnt see that shit comin at all. Fall down on your knees and beg GSP for deliverance from damnation!

Nah dude. Gspeepee isn’t the goat or most impressive, he just won a lot. Usman is really the gsp we wanted ten years ago and would probably beat gsp when he ran from Hendrix and the gsp today.

If GSP came back and beat Usman that'd be far greater than beating Bisping so that tells you everything about that farce.

Nah dude. Gspeepee isn’t the goat or most impressive, he just won a lot. Usman is really the gsp we wanted ten years ago and would probably beat gsp when he ran from Hendrix and the gsp today.
Id trade 100 usmans for 1 GSP.

Conor’s FW run was good, no doubt. But obviously it doesn’t begin to compare to GSP’s WW run, where he defended the belt 9x. It’s easy to criticize a close fight with Hendricks, but GSP had an insane WW run. Because Conor never defended either title, I don’t see an argument for saying he was a better champ-champ than any fighter who did defend.

Is there anyone that actually doubts that? Prime, pre-USADA gsp couldn’t even beat Hendricks.

We have had several champ champs but imo GSP was the most impressive.

firstly he defended the WW belt 9 times and took 4 years out of the game. He returned past his prime and put a beat down on a top 4 MW ever winning by finish.

the dominance at his first weight class then beating a much bigger man after 4 years out of the game imo makes GSP the most impressive two weight world champ ever.

He got his ass beat for 5 rounds vs a washed up bisping with one eye and he got a lucky ko on his blind side...

DC actually defended both of his

Jonny Bones' will be the most impressive* because he was the most dominant champ at 205, the jump to HW is massive... 60lbs instead of 10/15

*if he pulls it off and defends a couple of times.
AyYY94A.gif

Back