Growing herbs of the non illegal variety.

The past few seasons I've had a bitch of a time with things eating my crop so I went to containers. Container gardening has helped a lot and also has the benefit of being easily moved around.
As far as herbs go, I have mint, lemon grass, basil, thyme, parsley, and two types of rosemary. I've got different veggies and lettuces going with the focus being on peppers this year. For some reason I can't grow swiss chard.

Does anybody have any DIY vertical gardening projects going on? I want to come up with something that I can grow root vegetables in like carrots, beets, and radishes.

Coach Jason on here does a lot of stuff.

He has this contraption to where he grows green beans on an A-frame.

Got some terragon and dill going this morning to go with the purple basil and mint.

Got some terragon and dill going this morning to go with the purple basil and mint.

I'm not sure which variety of purple basil you've planted, but some have a very medicinal and off putting taste. The African blue basil I grow tastes horrible. It's like eating Irish Spring soap. So taste some before you put it in your cooking.
BTW I grown the African blue for the flowers. I also grow the standard green, pesto variety.

I'm growing basil right now. At first it was growing a few big strong green leaves. Now its growing a ton of tiny weak leaves. I recently trimmed the hell out of it so hopefully that helps.

For some reason I've had a terrible time with Rosemary. Its supposed to grow like a weed, but on a couple of tries I can't get it to do anything.

Both Rosemary and Basil like strong hot sun. Like George Hamilton kind of sun.

When i get a permanent place of my own, im definitely going to start an herb garden.

I'm growing basil right now. At first it was growing a few big strong green leaves. Now its growing a ton of tiny weak leaves. I recently trimmed the hell out of it so hopefully that helps.

For some reason I've had a terrible time with Rosemary. Its supposed to grow like a weed, but on a couple of tries I can't get it to do anything.

I have rosemary. They become big hardy bushes. Basil is fun to grow. You can just keep making new basil plants.

I have rosemary. They become big hardy bushes. Basil is fun to grow. You can just keep making new basil plants.

My dad has Rosemary in his front yard and the bush is so big its damn near a nuisance. Makes me feel like a serious retard trying to grow it. And yeah my basil is growing new stocks like mad and in general just grows tall. My plant got to about 3 feet tall. Now if I can only convince it to put that energy towards making nice leaves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back