Growing herbs of the non illegal variety.

Bay leaf is easy to grow. It's undemanding in it's water requirements but enjoys full sun. I get like 12 hours of scorching hot sun per day. The plant does fine.

With in one season the plant will put on enough growth you'll have more than enough to last through the winter. Cut the branches and hang upside down to dry.

If you the room inside your house you can bring the plant in for the winter providing you have a sunny location you can place it.

Awesome, thank you. I'm super impressed with your green fingers.

I am currently growing herbs. They are pretty easy to grow.
Currently growing:
Rosemary
Thyme
Oregano
Tarragon
Flat leaf parsley
Curly leaf parsley
Dill
Cilantro
Chocolate mint
Sage
Stevia (not really an herb)
Chives
I usually grow a real garden but I just didn't feel like it this year.

I am growing cilantro, basil, oregano, and parsley.

They're all in the same pot. I am thinking about starting a separate pot for more basil of a different type.

I also have tomatillos, 4 types of tomatoes, squash, zucchini, red peppers, orange peppers, blueberries, blackberries, and 4 types of hot peppers growing. I love the growing season.

Shouldn't the title read "growing herbs of the legal variety"?

I thought ts was English

I used to 6-7 years ago and just stopped. Was thinking of doing again a few weeks ago

Silver thyme, lemon thyme, basil, cilantro, dill, curly parsley, oregano and rosemary.

Ooops, chives and mint.

I grow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, green peppers, watermelon, and jalapeno peppers. I have the zucchini in a clay mixture and for some reason that grows like crazy compared to all the others. The mini watermelons are great to have around during summer.

Got a small strawberry patch currently. Am working on a raised garden bed for teh wife, onions/tomatoes/etc.

Shouldn't the title read "growing herbs of the legal variety"?

I thought ts was English

I should probably have done a lot of *** all over it too to be an attention whore.

Gardening is a hobby of mine. I don't know a lot about herbs though.

Flowers and stuff? I've ended up with loads of em.

No, I do vegetables. Tomatoes, cucumbers and peas are what I have going right now.

One thing I can't grow is a watermelon.

Tomatoes and peppers do better for me in containers than in the ground.

Over the past few years, I've been planting fruits. I have a few apple trees, a couple of pear trees, a cherry tree and a bunch of raspberry and strawberry plants. A few bluebeery plants too.

Dude, I am growing elegant bouqet of awesome shit in my garden. The most awesome is the Purple Basil.

Never really had a problem with pests but this year has been a massacre! Never really had much hatred for slugs before but now kill them all! I even released loady of ladybugs to get rid of some of the other bastards. My potatos wont recover I think. Im trying a few weird chilli plants this year that are coming on ok.

I planted 3 tomtatos that seem to be doing great. The tomato part is growing fast but obviously I will have no idea how its doing undreneith until a lot later. In terms of herbs, nothing this year

Herbs are so cheap in my local grocery store that it put me off bothering to grow them. Cilantro is only 49c, for a whole bunch.

Only have two diff tom varieties, spring onions, Serrano, habanero & jalapeno peppers growing this season. Been slacking.

Tried growing cantaloupe last year but failed miserably. The vine grew to 30 odd feet long when stretched out but the flowers never fruited.

Herbs are so cheap in my local grocery store that it put me off bothering to grow them. Cilantro is only 49c, for a whole bunch.

Only have two diff tom varieties, spring onions, Serrano, habanero & jalapeno peppers growing this season. Been slacking.

Tried growing cantaloupe last year but failed miserably. The vine grew to 30 odd feet long when stretched out but the flowers never fruited.

Same thing happened to me last year with butternut squash. I got two small ones, and then nothing happened. My pumpkins died, and a rabbit got to my cantaloupe before I could fence it in.

This is my sad face: :icon_sad:

The past few seasons I've had a bitch of a time with things eating my crop so I went to containers. Container gardening has helped a lot and also has the benefit of being easily moved around.
As far as herbs go, I have mint, lemon grass, basil, thyme, parsley, and two types of rosemary. I've got different veggies and lettuces going with the focus being on peppers this year. For some reason I can't grow swiss chard.

Does anybody have any DIY vertical gardening projects going on? I want to come up with something that I can grow root vegetables in like carrots, beets, and radishes.

The past few seasons I've had a bitch of a time with things eating my crop so I went to containers. Container gardening has helped a lot and also has the benefit of being easily moved around.
As far as herbs go, I have mint, lemon grass, basil, thyme, parsley, and two types of rosemary. I've got different veggies and lettuces going with the focus being on peppers this year. For some reason I can't grow swiss chard.

Does anybody have any DIY vertical gardening projects going on? I want to come up with something that I can grow root vegetables in like carrots, beets, and radishes.

IMO, certain plants do better in containers than in the ground. I grew six tomato plants in my garden and six in buckets one year. The plants in the buckets produced a much heavier yield and were more robust.

The only problem is, in hot summer when the plants are fruiting heavy, they need to be watered sometimes twice a day and when you water too heavy after the soil dries a bit, you ca have splitting in the tomatoes.

Back