Grounded Rule needs to change

What I want is for fighters to be able to fucking throw strikes when a guy is squatting in front of them.

If a guy a like Brock Lesnar can forearm shiver someone's head through the canvas when they're on their back, there is absolutely no argument for why that knee shouldn't be legal

Sure there is - because a knee is certain positions and situations is far more devastating than a 'forearm shiver' from brock. How many people has Brock Lesner Knocked out? Zero. Mir was stopped but he wasnt out. Brock was kneed in the Stomach standing up and almost died. haha

Yeah, being able to crouch safely and intentionally in the middle of the octagon like Sterling was is kind of silly.

They should ban it for safety. You have to get out of that position at some point to stand up. At it is now, you could have your knees 1" above the ground and then get legal boliterated.

They need to redefine 'downed opponent' and it should include: hip, butt, back, shoulder, chest, pelvis. or all fours (hands and knees).

I agree. If a guy wants to avoid getting kneed by grounding himself, then he should have to go to a really bad position like on the back/stomach. Being able to chill on one knee is boolsheeit

What I want is for fighters to be able to fucking throw strikes when a guy is squatting in front of them.

If a guy a like Brock Lesnar can forearm shiver someone's head through the canvas when they're on their back, there is absolutely no argument for why that knee shouldn't be legal

and I dont know if you used Brock as an example because of my name but I hate him LOL. I made this account to some shit on him. He's a joke of a fighter and other than being Bigger than most guys he has little skill. thats why he's in WWE.

Sure there is - because a knee is certain positions and situations is far more devastating than a 'forearm shiver' from brock. How many people has Brock Lesner Knocked out? Zero. Mir was stopped but he wasnt out. Brock was kneed in the Stomach standing up and almost died. haha

Would you rather take an elbow from Brock with your head against the mat, or a knee in a squatting position like Sterling?

There's no give with the elbow. Its like getting hit with a sledgehammer. The canvas essentially becomes a weapon. How much CTE did Frank Mir suffer at the hands of Brock Lesnar despite not being cleanly KO'd?

There should be no grounded rule at all. If you can hit your opponent with a knee, then you should be allowed to do it, no matter the position.

Would you rather take an elbow from Brock with your head against the mat, or a knee in a squatting position like Sterling?

There's no give with the elbow. Its like getting hit with a sledgehammer. The canvas essentially becomes a weapon. How much CTE did Frank Mir suffer at the hands of Brock Lesnar despite not being cleanly KO'd?

Did Frank Mir fight after that? Chris Holdsworth supposedly took an illegal knee to the head from TJ Dillashaw and has never recovered from it. I'd rather take the forearm.

it changes the sport a lot, the strategy is different, and would make ground fighting more frantic with people scrambling to not get kicked or kneed in the head. You wouldnt even see the position aljo was in a lot because he would have tried to quickly scramble out of being knee-ed

Back