Ground Control "Comp 350" Gi

acsubie**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ground Control Fight-Gear — GROUND CONTROL "COMP 350"

Just got mine in the mail. Great CS, only 2 days after ordering. And they are offering a 25% off(1sherdog) for sherdoggers to boots

When I picked up the box, I couldnt believe how lite it was. Upon inspecting the gi it apprear to be well made. Looks like it has good reinforcements all over. Which I hope stand up since the gi is so lite weight. I cant believe they can make a "weaved" gi this lite. As for the material it appears thin but not like paper. Definitely has a different feel compared to other gi's I own, and also the closest in weight(the SYR comp). Jacket length is shorter than most A4 gi's i buy out of the package, which is a huge plus.
The pants are also the lightest ripstop I own.

I'm 6'0/220lbs and yes it needs some shrinking. The pants about an 2 inches and the jacket just a tad on length and a few on the sleeves and around the waist. Im going to give it a hot bath then closely monitor the jacket in the dryer since Im sure it will shrink quickly because of the thin jacket.

So the top is weave, and not ripstop? I remember someone said the top was ripstop, at least on the original lighhtweight gi. Any pics and how much does it weigh?

Top is def a weave... Weights are listed in link

How is the collar? The collar on the lightweight ripstop gi was barely noticeable, super easy to grab and impossible to grip break.

Worst logo ever

it is slight;y "obnoxious":rolleyes:..But at least they have kept down the placement of it unlike their previous gi's. I can live with it though, I think its a clean looking gi.

As for the collar. Its definitely there, might not be as thick as some like it though

i purchased one as well...by far the ugliest gi ive ever seen...terrible logo and the concept of it being all white and then the blue stitching just makes it...ugly

chino3 what do not like about the Logo we get a lot of mixed results we sell to a lot of ATT Guys who love it but i would like to know what you do not like is it the USA feel we have some new logos for some of our new kimonos.....

JH34PG you should have sent it back to me, we decided to use blue since green and yellow where taken by other companies.......

The Comp 350 is a weave top not a Rip Stop . We were the first company to produce a Rip Stop Top now about 5 other companies have similar models.....

Yeah your logo is pretty bad. The shape has been used way too many times and it looks pretty amateurish with the "Fight Gear" down below.

You were the first with the rip stop top? damn, all the other companies are stealing your thunder LOL.

ungala
I have had the Rip stop for about two years we have had to make a lot of changes though most companies were using canvas as a summer weave. Our new Rip Stop will be a little heavier. And stealing my thunder no that is how this game works we all take bits and pieces from other Contrast stitching , slim fit , silk screened insides , bungee cord ropes , inside pockets the list goes on & on the game is changing my man look at kimonos 10years ago even 5 years ago way different in fit and style then now......

The Logo some love some hate but like I always say you can not please everyone...

Maybe i will do a comp free kimonos for life for a logo.... lol

I figured this Gi was going to be a lot uglier from what people were saying, but I don't mind the blue stitching, any color contrast stitching is fine with me. And the logo is not hideous either...

CodyD,

Who does the Gi Reviews there . I would like to send one for review.....

I figured this Gi was going to be a lot uglier from what people were saying, but I don't mind the blue stitching, any color contrast stitching is fine with me. And the logo is not hideous either...

Ditto, I'm actually somewhat interested in them now.

i dont like the logo on the arms either.. my suggestion would be to take the flags off the back and put it on the arm instead, and take the logo and put it on the lapel with something like this
cgf.jpg

not black of course... and maybe you could get like a hybrid of that logo and put it on the sides of the gi pants like koral does instead of having a huge ass logo on the bottom of the pants...

just my 2cent im not some expert or anything

Ground Control..Contact us at bjjweekly.com ....Check out our site and send us a gi we will gladly do a full video review...

I only have 6 remaining we had 100 kimonos made for this batch ( that's 96 in 1 month gone) the comp350 arrived July 29th. So they are almost sold out I have 1 A2 and 5 A3 remaining. If you visit my website and hit the review link you can see some Reviews, mostly by well respected BB. I have already added a code for Sherdog users to get 25% off. If you purchase and do not like it, send it back for a refund.
The next kimono coming out will be the Rank1 it is the first Belt Rank Kimono where the lapel looks just like your Belt Rank White - Black. The rest of the kimono is white with Black Stitching. The Rank1 is 100% 10oz Rip Stop top & bottom these are a short run only 50. Remember our Kimonos will always change we will be trying different color combos ect. Also if you do purchase a kimono post a review most people posting do not have a Ground Control Kimono its hard to review something you do not have.....osssss

Roflolfish,

We have some other logos without the flags we will be using, we like to switch up our logos every once and awhile, and thank you for your input ( maybe you will see something close ) ....

We have taken all logo work off the Back of the new Kimonos coming out.

rawjiujitsu,

what size do you need.....

we are just getting ready to film our next run of reviews and we are going to do a tapped roll and review and would love to do it in your gi....

Back