Groin injury when kicking?

Dr Jekyll**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this, thought this section was best.

I was doing a bit of light sparring today, and threw an axe kick, which I've thrown in the past.

But this time, as I went around and down something on the inside of my thigh right near the top where the groin area is I felt pop. It didn't really hurt but it was bad enough to get my attention.

I don't feel any pain from it except when I stretch that area or move my leg around that area. I can walk fine. I can only feel a bit of pain when I stretch that area or kick high.

I can also feel it when I bring my knee to my chest and push my foot back out over and over to kinda stretch it. Sometimes when I bring my knee to my chest and push my leg back out, I hear a pop right in that area.

Normal? Something to worry about or get treated? Or just give it some rest?

Didn't know where to post this, thought this section was best.

I was doing a bit of light sparring today, and threw an axe kick, which I've thrown in the past.

But this time, as I went around and down something on the inside of my thigh right near the top where the groin area is I felt pop. It didn't really hurt but it was bad enough to get my attention.

I don't feel any pain from it except when I stretch that area or move my leg around that area. I can walk fine. I can only feel a bit of pain when I stretch that area or kick high.

I can also feel it when I bring my knee to my chest and push my foot back out over and over to kinda stretch it. Sometimes when I bring my knee to my chest and push my leg back out, I hear a pop right in that area.

Normal? Something to worry about or get treated? Or just give it some rest?

start with rest at the very least... if kicking high is hurting then something is obv wrong

I think I know what you mean, I get that from time to time as well. Not crippling, just annoying.

Back