Grocery stores cheating customers

Renard

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is something I've seen in several grocery stores in my area: Employees literally removing blueberries and strawberries from their containers. When you look at say blueberries, when they're done all the pints on the shelf are about 80% full whereas in the past it would have been 100%. I've seen strawberry containers that were up to 30% empty.

I don't understand why nobody's talking about this or how this is legal. The "pint" they're selling isn't a pint. They found a way to bring the "smaller packaging, same price" bullshit to the fruit section.

I got nothing so here’s this

he-is_c_7234413.jpg

This is something I've seen in several grocery stores in my area: Employees literally removing blueberries and strawberries from their containers. When you look at say blueberries, when they're done all the pints on the shelf are about 80% full whereas in the past it would have been 100%. I've seen strawberry containers that were up to 30% empty.

I don't understand why nobody's talking about this or how this is legal. The "pint" they're selling isn't a pint. They found a way to bring the "smaller packaging, same price" bullshit to the fruit section.
Most fruit is paid by weight. Bananas, grapes, lemons. But yeah, I guess if you buy the little container then you have no idea.

It's not the company cheating you, it's certain thieving employees.

Customers eat them without paying or washing.

In South Australia a pint of beer is smaller, if you want an actual pint you need to order an “imperial pint”, true story.

If you let this happen to you, then it's kind of your fault. Don't purchase them if they're shorting you. The containers are see through.

It’s the employees doing this. Which is why you grab two containers, squish all the fruit into one, profit.

Don't buy the cheated packages. If you want the pre measured shit, add two missing containers together to get what you're paying for. Sounds like a pretty straightforward solution imo.

You buy by the weight. The pint container's sole purpose is to increase the weight of the package, so you pay more. Not indicate how much you're buying. If you wanna be slick, get a plastic bag, but the berries in the bag and say you transferred it because the pint container was damaged. Now you're paying less than someone else with the same amount of berries.

They also cheat on meat. They put several pads that are supposedly there to absorb blood under the meat and wet them to add weight to the package. Meat is ground with ice to add weight. Chicken has water injected. When I buy meat at my local meat market, the ground beef doesn't have any liquid or absorbent pads.

I think somebody reported it because they started selling meat by the package not by weight. The labels used to have the weight, price per pound and the package price. now they only have the package price.

I am the one doing that. I take the good ones out of one thing of strawberries and out the bad ones in the one I leave sometimes it might be a little short.

Back