Grocery List

Milk, what about milk? I am a freaking milk-o-holoic, but since i have been dieting i have cut back drastically. I used to drink 1/2 gal of 2% milk a day, and now have cut it down to 1 tall glass of 1% of milk with breakfast. I eat very well (i'd like to think) and am 5'9 roughly 150 lbs. Should i be buying skim milk (which i hate) or can i stick with the 1%, and drink more than 1 glass a day?

King Kabuki's list is basically every popular "clean" food under the sun. One thing I would add is pumpkin. Pumpkin is an awesome food

Tastes good
Easy to prepare/many recipies
High fiber
Low fat and carb
A ton of Vitamin A/beta carotene
Not a wallet-buster

I am a big fan of simplicity and basics. If you think like me, you could do something like break down food from King Kabuki's list into categories (main carb/fat sources, a protein source or two, a green and orange vegetable), then get enough of those foods to last you a week. That's basically what I do nowadays anyways. For instance

Peanut Butter

Oatmeal

Chicken
Whey
Sirloin

Broccoli

Pumpkin

Then eat that stuff for a week. Next week, replace each category. I don't know if that's something that sits with you, but with my psyche that's a comfortable way to do things.

Went shopping today and got a good balance of foods..

Brown rice
Wholewheat pasta
Wholemeal bread
Chicken breasts
Fish
Yoghurt
Olive oil
Nuts
Organic Peanut butter
Organic semi-skimmed milk
Onions
Cherry tomatoes
Garlic
Minced Beef
Tangerines
Bananas
Apples
Cereal bars
Turkey rashers
Muesli
Branflakes
Mixed Vegetables
Oregano
Basil

Not been eating as well as I should be lately so it's time to get back to healthy eating.

Back