Grispi vs Ogle at UFC on Fuel 7

MisterMarky

White Belt
Reaction score
Just posted on Ogle's Facebook but can't post a link as I can't get on Facebook from work.

HUUUUUUGE step up for Ogle against a guy who was unlucky not to have a title shot and has hit the skids since but the guy's still a killer for my money.

Ogle's a friend of mine's cousin so I'll be rooting for him all the way and think he can take it if Grispi's skids troubling him psychologically but anyone else give him a decent chance?

if Gispi loses it might be the greatest UFC skid in the history...or certainely one of the greatest.

if Gispi loses it might be the greatest UFC skid in the history...or certainely one of the greatest.

Idk Mark Hominick going from tearing through the division and looking good in a loss against the #4 P4P champ to losing three more in a row and retiring was pretty epic in all the wrong ways.

Idk Mark Hominick going from tearing through the division and looking good in a loss against the #4 P4P champ to losing three more in a row and retiring was pretty epic in all the wrong ways.
and grispi choked hominick unconscious in his run...

Mark Hominick, who had accumulated eight losses up to that point, was never "tearing through the division."

Whoevers great idea it was to give Grispi the nickname "The Fluke" should be imprisoned.

at least Hominick gave Aldo a great run for his money and won a FOTN bonus in a UFC TITLEFIGHT.

Grispi must have only nightmares when he thinks about his UFC carreer. All the shit that happened to him in and out of the octagon since UFC 125...ouch.

Thats why I wish he'll beat Ogle. Poor dude deserves it.

I've never been impressed by Ogle honestly, he's a tough guy but lacks in technique and really isn't athletic. I think this will be a dominating win for Grispi.

Why? It works on so many levels.

Because its a case of speaking something into existence.

Had they instead named him "The greatest champion of all time" maybe his career would have turned out different.. you never know.

What a weird fall for Grispi. He was such a beast in the WEC. 4-0 with 4 dominant wins over pretty good competition (well, 3 of them were pretty good competition. The artist formerly known as Jens Pulver was about as gimme a win as you're going to get at that point) only to fail miserably in his UFC run. Hope he can get it back. He was exciting to watch.

I almost feel bad for Grispi. Dude went from being talked about as potentially the next big thing to virtual title picture irrelevancy in no time flat.

Win or lose, Ogle is going to be kept around to fill up any UK undercard. Grispi has win impressively, or he's out.

I think Ogle keeps his job even if he loses unless it's a total one-sided snoozefest.

If he goes down hopefully it's swinging, so to speak.

Back