Gripper question

I think CoC are worth the money. Just my 2 cents

Here's my two cents...and it won't cost you a dime:

Take a hex dumbell - grab the end of it with a hand, and hold for time. Choose a weight that you can hold for no more than 20 seconds.

A few sets of timed holds, with about 2 minutes rest in between will set you straight.

I found that this exercise has had the best carry-over to the amount of weight you can hold on Deadlift.

edit: Buy chalk...noob.

I'd also love to start using chalk but my gym doesn't allow it. Sucks pretty bad and it's pretty much a metro gym. I haven't seen anyone deadlift more than me-and thats sayin something.

theres a spray "chalk" thats not chalk but has the same effect. i forget what its called, i think fatty uses or advocates it?

theres a spray "chalk" thats not chalk but has the same effect. i forget what its called, i think fatty uses or advocates it?

Yeh, I need to look into something like this too. I have a bag with gymnast chalk that I used to use at my gym, but people always bitch when I use it. I have been going raw for about 3 months, but it would be a little easier on my hands, I imagine.

Im gonna buy a CoC gripper too and I was debating if I should get a #2 also. I met someone on youtube...who is a St. Wilhelms member...00056. He gave me some advice. ill quote his comment here. It made me think about getting the #1 to do more exercises rather than just sticking with the #2 and still increase grip strength. Take it for what its worth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If your not strapped for cash then I would get the T, #1 and POSSIBLY the #2. Even IF you can close the #2 it will most likely be a max effort attempt. And you cant just keep maxing out on any kind of exercise, and grippers are no exception. I would still recommend getting the #1. Even if you do close it there is a lot of exercises you can do with it to get stronger. For example, 3 finger closes, 2 fingers, inverted closes, you can file the inside of the handles, Overcrushes, strapholds etc... None of those need to be done when your first starting out though, take at least a few months for your hands and tendons to get use to the pressure.

I have been doing grip training for a little over 2 years now. About 6 of those months my hands have been injured from grippers. I tried to go to fast to soon and paid the price. TAKE YOUR TIME, DON'T WORKOUT WITH THEM EVERYDAY AND DON'T MAX OUT EVERY TIME. I had a horrible case of tendinitis and could not pick up a book or turn a doorknob without my hands being in horrible pain. And im not an old man, I was 19 at the time.

If you already haven't done so sign up on Gripboard.com. Its a great site. And best of luck brother!!

Get a trainer and a #1. If your grip is limited at 315 then you have a pretty weak grip I would say

Back