Gripe I Have With Many Members of This Forum.

Train? I thought this was a fellatio (BJ) forum this entire time.

I won gold as a 25 yr old yellow belt at Pan Ams. Does that count as an accomplishment?

I dont give a fuck how many gold medals I've won (a lot) or how much I train (even more), I'll throw shade at LI and these guys all I want. It makes the community look bad and it reinforces a lot of negative perception people here have towards the dude.

I respected the guy's pedigree enough to look past the bullshit marketing, but the 'i couldn't get it up' defense tends to infer that had he been able, he'd be a rapist. Its really hard not to draw conclusions regarding the culture of that little empire he'd set up for himself given precedent. I understand people exist outside of their gym, but between his actions, their actions, and his response, I'll join team 'fuck that guy'. gladly.

I dont give a fuck how many gold medals I've won (a lot) or how much I train (even more), I'll throw shade at LI and these guys all I want. It makes the community look bad and it reinforces a lot of negative perception people here have towards the dude.

I respected the guy's pedigree enough to look past the bullshit marketing, but the 'i couldn't get it up' defense tends to infer that had he been able, he'd be a rapist. Its really hard not to draw conclusions regarding the culture of that little empire he'd set up for himself given precedent. I understand people exist outside of their gym, but between his actions, their actions, and his response, I'll join team 'fuck that guy'. gladly.

yeah, in fact what LI is doing/did can break a growing sport. If this happened say, before TUF, BJJ culd have withered on the vine. So yes, I am glad we are being flammers about this. And yes I used the word 'flammer' intentionally.

yeah, in fact what LI is doing/did can break a growing sport. If this happened say, before TUF, BJJ culd have withered on the vine. So yes, I am glad we are being flammers about this. And yes I used the word 'flammer' intentionally.

Oh snap, he said "flammers". It just got real in here son!

Oh snap, he said "flammers". It just got real in here son!

I know, right.

But seriously, ayoung sport can be killed by scandals like these.

I was in Japan for 3 1/2 years, all post Pride. It seems as though the Pride scandal set JMMA back into the dark ages.

imagine if this scandal was worse, and BJJ took tons of flak? You could see gyms closing, or reverting back to their pre-Tuf sizes. All not good things, if people leave on mass.

I still haven't read one thing on the whole Lloyd Irvin debacle.

I know, right.

But seriously, ayoung sport can be killed by scandals like these.

I was in Japan for 3 1/2 years, all post Pride. It seems as though the Pride scandal set JMMA back into the dark ages.

imagine if this scandal was worse, and BJJ took tons of flak? You could see gyms closing, or reverting back to their pre-Tuf sizes. All not good things, if people leave on mass.

This is a better topic. There was always a gap between mainstream JMMA and the much wider but far more vibrant scene ranging from the Osaka underground tag-team MMA to Shooto and Pancrase. Most of the people involved in the sub-culture of JMMA didn't pay much attention to the big shows - Pride and K-1 at the time. Losing Pride was like chopping the head off JMMA but the body remained just as strong.

For sure Pride moved JMMA forward and expanded the base of fighters by getting more exposure and legitimacy to the sport - so more wrestlers and judoka started showing up at MMA gyms - but after Pride was gone I didn't notice much of a retreat.

Then again, that may be because of an increase in BJJ gyms. So instead of being pulled forward by Pride, JMMA is expanding by having more BJJ-based fighters filling the ranks and making the transition to full-contact (as opposed to 5-10 years ago when mainly wrestlers and judo guys were predominant in JMMA). So in a way, this conversation has come full circle.

:icon_neut

The answer to your question is that they're the kind of people who train once every couple months and haven't done anything noteworthy, so they target accomplished people and direct their hostility towards them for no real reason other than bitterness and jealousy. Think about it, not a single person who's critical of of any of the aforementioned people are accomplished in ANYTHING. I wouldn't take anyone here too seriously.

As opposed to you...right?

The answer to your question is that they're the kind of people who train once every couple months and haven't done anything noteworthy, so they target accomplished people and direct their hostility towards them for no real reason other than bitterness and jealousy. Think about it, not a single person who's critical of of any of the aforementioned people are accomplished in ANYTHING. I wouldn't take anyone here too seriously.

Rape is noteworthy, in a literal sense, but it's not what I would consider an accomplishment.

Last edited:
sherdog sucks

tombstone-well-bye.gif

:icon_twis

I probably spend more time training than 90% of the people here who don't get paid to train. (Between 13-15 classes a week)

I also spend more time bullshitting on the internet than 99% of the people here, but I do get paid to do that, so whatever.

I probably spend more time training than 90% of the people here who don't get paid to train. (Between 13-15 classes a week)

Jesus you doing 3 a days!:eek:? I try to train 5-6 days a week I thought that was alot ha guess not

That's the technical acquittal he got by on, which sounds incredibly shady considering that people testified against him and the defendant claimed that he participated in holding her down AND having sexual intercourse.

Jesus you doing 3 a days!:eek:? I try to train 5-6 days a week I thought that was alot ha guess not

Thrice Monday-Wednesday, two on Friday and one on Saturday and Sunday, sometimes more if I feel like waking up for the morning classes.

Hmm. I silenced you after your last incorrect post in the other thread. It seems fairly obvious that you haven't read this one either.

If you knew anything about the grappling section of Sherdog, you'd know that most of the posters here train on a regular basis. Your post is ignorant and false.

Let's take me, for instance. I train about 8 hours a week. I've won 7 gold and 3 silver medals in various competitions.

I am an attorney. I am a professor of law. I am an officer in the U.S. Air Force. I am a fairly decent guitar player.

I'm a proud father and a happily married man.

Not to brag, but that's a crap load of accomplishment.

Seriously, go stomp your little feet elsewhere.

Not enough aloe in the land!

Back