Grip strength and squeezing endurance routine and/or exercises for BJJ

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
After grappling for a few months, I find having good grip strength and squeezing endurance helps alot.

However, class structures, partners vary from session to session.

I was looking to asks if anyone here knows a good routine or exercises to help supplemental their grip strength and squeezing endurance.

Thanks in advance

farmer carries, dead hangs, pinch grip plate carries, towel pullups

Just throw a towel over a pull up bar and hang from it

Really kills your grip

towel pull ups, farmers walk, putting Fat Grips on dumbbells/pullup bars/barbells, plate pinches, levering, and spring grippers like Captains of Crush will all build your grip and wrist strength.

Other than what’s been mentioned (my favourite is pinch grip uni lateral farmers carries) rope climbs/monkey bars. Deadlifts but start light and only using T. rex grip (two fingers). Add fingers as you add the weight. One armed deadlifts. When performing chins or pull ups drop down to three fingers and then two as well.

Just hang from a bar. Then thumb away. Then 3 fingers. Then 2. Then repeat.

Try to reach 5 mn hanging. You ll never achieve that.

Aside from all the good moves mentioned above, try this...

Take a bucket, draw a line, fill water to the line, get a bath towel and soak it in the water. Then you just wring it out and try to get the water back to the line...do this over and over, it’ll start burning pretty quick

I have a few movements I do using 4lb sledgehammers but are hard to describe. You can probably find them on YouTube if you search

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back