Grip, BW, and weight lifting stuff for Wrestling/BJJ

Steve Oly said:
YOu win you cheater
Haha, sorry dude.:D

Monday:

Rolling Thunder singles (heavy day) NEW PR! 145lbs w/ my right hand!!!!!!!!!! woowoo! I now have a stronger grip than Becca Swanson! I am now stronger than a woman! Yes!:D

Front and side neck bridges

Pinch grip timed holds w/ 2 25lb plates. Uber easy.

That's great for you! I haven't been able to reach women's strenght level yet...

Diligent said:
Haha, sorry dude.:D

Monday:

Rolling Thunder singles (heavy day) NEW PR! 145lbs w/ my right hand!!!!!!!!!! woowoo! I now have a stronger grip than Becca Swanson! I am now stronger than a woman! Yes!:D

Pinch grip timed holds w/ 2 25lb plates. Uber easy.
Congrats, although I think you should bear in mind that Swanson probly has higher test levels than you do so referring to 'her' as a woman is a bit of a stretch.

Poo, Feature boy, Smashius Clay - Thanks, guys! And yes, Smashius, you have a good point ... I'm not sure whether "it" is a woman or a man ... or both ... :D

Tuesday:

BJJ practice today from 11:00am to 12:30PM. Practice went well, worked on triangle chokes and triangle escapes. I used my uber-grip to my advantage.:icon_chee Then coach made us do sprints, bear-crawls, gorilla-walks, pushups and squats afterwards. Ug.

Thick bar singles.

Also, today I made a 3 inch wide handle to do thickbar singles with. I got 3" PVC pipe, cut it to a five and a half inch long piece, tied some rope through it and onto a loading pin carabiner, and walaaa, now I not only have the 2.5 inch Rolling Thunder handle, but I also now have a 3" wide handle. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. It is so big it's ridiculous.:icon_chee

Wednesday:

Weighted Pullups

(bw + 55lbs) x 1 sets of 9 reps

Weighted Dips

(bw + 90lbs) x 1 set of 8 reps

Bent-Over Barbell Rows

2 sets of 6 reps w/ 185lbs

Hand-stand Pushups

2 sets of 8 reps (against a wall)

Squats

15 x 45
10 x 95
10 x 135
6 x 185
6 x 185
4 x 185

lunge/shot/lunge/bw squat/neck bridge complex x 3 sets

(Lunges (from one side of gym and back) + shots (from one side of gym and back) + lunges (from one side of gym and back) + 50 bodyweight squats + front and side neck bridges)

3" thickbar timed holds

10 - 15 sets with 55 - 70lbs

These were ackward, as 3 inch wide handles are hard to hold on to, esp. when your hands are all sweaty from the rest of your workout. Rather than cupping my hand and getting way underneath the handle (which makes it easier), I tried to keep my thumb and fingers on the sides (rather than top and bottom), which makes it harder.

Saturday:

No bjj class.

Rolling Thunder singles (up to 140lbs)

Wow. Today was bad, man. It took me like 20 attempts just to lock out with 135 with my right hand. And I couldn't even get 130 with my left. Off-day. Very frustrating.:mad:

Pinch grip

sets w/ 2 25lb plates (50lbs) and a couple of sets w/ 1 25lb plate and 1 35lb plate (60lbs)

Wow. Today was bad, man. It took me like 20 attempts just to lock out with 135 with my right hand. And I couldn't even get 130 with my left. Off-day. Very frustrating.

You were better off then doing 20 sets with 110pds.

Duncon76 said:
Wow. Today was bad, man. It took me like 20 attempts just to lock out with 135 with my right hand. And I couldn't even get 130 with my left. Off-day. Very frustrating.

You were better off then doing 20 sets with 110pds.

Yep.:redface:

Monday:

Rolling Thunder singles (up to 145lbs)

Today felt very good. I got 140 pretty easily, but I could only get 145 half way up ... couldn't lock out with it. I also got 135 with my left, which ties my old pr for my left hand.

Pinch grip

8 sets of 10 second timed holds with 2 25lb plates

Squats (below parallel)

10 x 45
10 x 95
10 x 135
6 x 185
6 x 185
6 x 185

Woohoo. I finally was able to finish 3 sets of 6 reps with 185lbs (going below parallel). New PR. woowoo.

Wednesday:

Weighted Pullups

(bw + 65lbs) 1 set of 7 reps (New PR):icon_chee

Weighted Dips

(bw + 90lbs) 1 set of 8 reps

T-Bar Rows (this was the first time I've ever done these)

10 x 45
10 x 90
8 x 135
6 x 145
4 x 155

Military Press

10 x 40lb dumbbells
10 x 50lb dumbbells
4 x 60lb dumbbells:mad:

It's been a very long time since I've done these ... those 60lb dumbbells were hard for me. Meh, I'll progress. You watch.

Pull-ups

3 sets of 10

Rolling Thunder timed holds (lighter day, up to 110lbs)

and

3 inch wide PVC pipe timed holds (up to 90lbs)

I really hope those Militarys were done standing up and not taking the easy way out and sitting down, which would blow your back out anyways :))

Duncon76 said:
I really hope those Militarys were done standing up and not taking the easy way out and sitting down, which would blow your back out anyways :))

Ummm, no :redface: ... why should I do them standing up?

Ummm, no ... why should I do them standing up?

Are you serious????

I have already stated it. You can blow your back out. All that preasure comes straight down onto your L Back. Not good. Your a fighter man, stand up!!!!

Duncon76 said:
Ummm, no ... why should I do them standing up?

Are you serious????

I have already stated it. You can blow your back out. All that preasure comes straight down onto your L Back. Not good. Your a fighter man, stand up!!!!

Oh ... well, I mean, my back feels perfectly fine when I do them ... but I guess I'll start doing them standing up! Thanks for the advice.:D

Diligent said:
Oh ... well, I mean, my back feels perfectly fine when I do them ... but I guess I'll start doing them standing up! Thanks for the advice.:D

Stagger your stance (one foot slightly forward, one slightly back) and don't lock your knees when you press from standing.

bacon said:
Stagger your stance (one foot slightly forward, one slightly back) and don't lock your knees when you press from standing.

Thanks for the advice, bacon.

Friday:

Rolling Thunder singles and timed holds (up to 145lbs) and 3 inch wide PVC pipe timed holds

couldn't lock out with 145. I'm mad. Arrrg.

Monday:

Rolling Thunder singles (heavy day - up to 150lb attempts)

Oh, my goodness! I actually got 145lbs again ... finally. I got 145 nearly two weeks ago and haven't been able to lock out with it since ... but I got it today ... and I got 150 up half way, but couldn't lock out with it.

Pinch Grip

5 sets of 10 second holds w/ 2 25lb plates

10 sets of 30 second bridges

Squats

10 x 45
10 x 95
10 x 135
5 x 205
4 x 205
3 x 205

This was the first time I tried 205lbs in a very long time. It was pretty heavy for me. My form started lagging behind on each set with 205 ... I was leaning too far forward ... meaning I need more ham and glute strength, I guess. Meh, it's a start.

Weighted Pull-ups

(bw + 65lbs) 1 sets of 6 reps

What the heck? These felt a lot heavier today than usual ... could have been from all of the heavy Rolling Thunder sets I did (I did like 30 sets each hand) ... I don't know ....

Bent-Over Barbell Rows

10 x 135
6 x 185
6 x 185

These felt pretty good ... I'll probably move up to 205 next week. woo.

Bodyweight Pullups

1 set of 10 reps, nothin' to it.

Military Press (w/ dumbbells)

10 x 40lb dumbbells
10 x 50lb dumbbells
6 x 60lb dumbbells

The 60's felt a little easier than last week. OH, AND I DID DO THEM STANDING, BTW!!!!:D

Close-Grip Dumbbell Bench-Press

2 sets w/ 70lb dumbbells

Dumbbell Shrugs

10 x 90lb dumbbells
8 x 100lb dumbbells
8 x 110lb dumbbells
8 x 115lb dumbbells
8 x 120lb dumbbells
8 x 125lb dumbbells

Wow, these were surprisingly easy. I was also surprised at how easy it was for me to hold onto the 100 to 125lb dumbbells ... honestly, it was not hard at all to hold onto them, and they weren't even slipping one bit. I remember the last time I did these, I had a hard time holding onto the 95lb dumbbells, HA! I'll probably move on to barbell shrugs because there are not any heavier dumbbells at 24 hour fitness:mad: .

Back