Gregor is gonna stop the hype train Makachev

The first time Gregor fought someone who could defend a TD, he got knocked out cold. Islam has been taken down once in 8 UFC fights and he's fought primarily grapplers and wrestlers.

Not saying he's gonna KO Gregor, but I just feel like Gillespie's gonna be one of those guys who will run through any striker with mediocre/bad TDD, but be outmatched when he faces a grappler who can strike. Islam by decision.

The thing was, Gregor really didn't even try to grapple with Lee. I think Lee would have defended the TD early most likely, but Gregor's obvious path to victory (and this damn sure isn't hindsight because I was saying this as soon as they announced the fight) was to clinch Lee up and make it a grinding fight against the cage early on. There's zero question that Gregor has the better gas tank, so making Lee work hard early so he would slow down (like he seems to do in most fights around the 7 or 8 minute mark) was what Gregor needed to do. Instead, he thought he was doing well striking (he really wasn't, even before the head kick Lee seemed to be getting the better of it, if only marginally so) and was content to kickbox. And got caught.

I have to think, for better or worse, that Gregor will look to grind Islam and put a pace on him with grappling. People think that just means TD's but it doesn't. Making someone constantly carry your weight against the cage as you are just pressing forward nonstop is effective grappling (although it's boring as hell to watch).

Islam is plenty good enough to have answers for it though. And he'll likely know it's coming. It's an interesting fight, but seeing Gregor content to have a striking match again would be pretty surprising. I think if he loses from now on, he's going to lose at least TRYING to fight his fight.

Islams takes this fight. My only gripe is him fighting gregor off a ko.

Oh no, not melodnium! The worst PED ever!

Also lol @ comparing someone to Gregor and calling THEM a dry humper.
Yeah youre right. It was probably banned for no reason. They probably banned it at random. Threw darts at a board.?? Also I did not compare him to Gregor. Fact is he is a dry humper. How many wins does he have by KO or TKO? 3. He wants to dive for the ankles.

Yeah youre right. It was probably banned for no reason. They probably banned it at random. Threw darts at a board.?? Also I did not compare him to Gregor. Fact is he is a dry humper. How many wins does he have by KO or TKO? 3. He wants to dive for the ankles.

Meldonium has been shown to have basically no effect on performance, at most a tiny anti inflammatory effect.

It shouldn't even be considered a PED in the vein of actual shit, like what the UFC LHW champ pumps up his ass daily.

The thing was, Gregor really didn't even try to grapple with Lee.
IIRC he shot for a TD and didn't get it and was forced to strike.

I don't think it will work out well for Gillespie if he doesn't get the TD against Islam or tries to 'grind him out'. Makhachev is not Lee, he has excellent cardio.

Again, not saying Gregor will get KO'd, but he'll probably lose a decision.
Gillespie failed his first real test against a wrestler, and I don't see him doing any better against a guy who is just as good, if not, better than Lee in wrestling.

If you're on about gillespie then you might be right there..

Yes that's who the guy was talking about. You thought he was talking about Islam before he got KO'd by Martins?

Hope Gregor gets slept again and becomes a permanent fisherman. Anyone who tries to explain their boring style needs to be released.

IIRC he shot for a TD and didn't get it and was forced to strike.

I don't think it will work out well for Gillespie if he doesn't get the TD against Islam or tries to 'grind him out'. Makhachev is not Lee, he has excellent cardio.

Again, not saying Gregor will get KO'd, but he'll probably lose a decision.
Gillespie failed his first real test against a wrestler, and I don't see him doing any better against a guy who is just as good, if not, better than Lee in wrestling.

He did sort of shoot one half assed TD, but that's not what he needed to do. He needed to GRIND Lee and make him work.

I agree, Islam's gas tank is better than Lee's for sure (though probably not as good as Gregor's). My point is that if Gregor is gonna lose going forward, he needs to do it still trying to fight his fight. Islam is the more refined striker, is bigger with a longer reach, and just has too many advantages with the striking. Islam can obviously grapple extremely well too, but Gregor's best chance imo is to make it an ugly clinchfest and test Islam's gas tank.

Haha Islam wins this one any way he wants and goes airborne after! He stuffs Gregor'a takedowns and beats him on the feet.

View attachment 727847 View attachment 727841

Islam Makhachev
6 Fight Win Streak
Most Ducked Fighter in History
International Sambo Master
Future Lightweight Champion
Movie Star Good Looks
Mensa IQ
Best Nutritionist in the Game
Incredible sense if humour
Loved by women
Are you his mother?

Allah damnit.

If you're on about gillespie then you might be right there..
The backpedal doesn't work. Nor is there any "might be", he is factually correct. You did imply Gregor in your initial post.

bro didn't he just duck Kevin Lee to fit the guy Kevin Lee just starched?
it's a rhetorical question. i hope youre getting paid to post this nonsense.
He didnt duck Fighter Kevin Lee.

Even Fighter Kevin Lee is saying Islam didnt duck him. So stop this made up bullshit already.

Fighter Kevin Lee said the UFC doesnt want to make the fight. Fighter Kevin Lee wanted it. Islam wanted it. UFC didnt want it. They said Islam needs more seasoning.

Well, Gregor's not going to have to worry about the head kick against Islam. That's for sure.

I like Gillespie in this fight also but by no means am I confident-- Makachev is very well conditioned and well rounded. Ultimately, I like Gregor just because I feel that highly of his skills but not because there is a glaring weakness with Makachev. This fight will hopefully have some great scrambles if it actually happens.

Haha Islam wins this one any way he wants and goes airborne after! He stuffs Gregor'a takedowns and beats him on the feet.

View attachment 727847 View attachment 727841

Islam Makhachev
6 Fight Win Streak
Most Ducked Fighter in History
International Sambo Master
Future Lightweight Champion
Movie Star Good Looks
Mensa IQ
Best Nutritionist in the Game
Incredible sense if humour
Loved by women
Ackmed, I love you man, never change.

Islam vs Brock Lesnar?

Islam wins via superior wrestling, taking brock down and submitting him by Twister?

I'm not real confident in Gregor after losing to the fighter kevin lee. I think islam has better striking and can keep the distance. He trains with lots of guys that are great at wrestling. I dont think Gregor trains with a lot of guys like him tho. Maybe it was a fluke, buy until gregor shows dominance against islam indont bet on him against such high level competition.

Back