Gregor Gillespie TKO Diego Ferreira GIFS

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
UnawareSentimentalAvocet-size_restricted.gif
BleakSkeletalFennecfox-size_restricted.gif
ThornyDelightfulAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif

While I understand the sentiment and somewhat agree that Gregor could have put some more heat into his punches, there really wasn't any need to, the round was literally almost over, and the Ref was already looking to stop the fight at the rate he was throwing strikes. Gregor perserved energy just in case it went into the 3rd as he was already pretty much in a dominant position to end the round.

Also, good Shit Kaz, always quick wit it.

Master Fisherman landed a fat fish for dinner and dat win bonus...
<5>

Gregor just drowns people.

That must be so discouraging to have someone just ragdolling you and no matter what you do it just gets worse, and there is no space, no time, no rest, no air, just fists and squeezing and slow death.

Gregor is such a treat to watch. It sucks that he is more invested in fishing than climbing the rankings.

Gregor is a warrior. Some guys would not have taken that fight with his opponent missing weight by so much. Heck my eyeball tells me that Gregor isn't even big enough to be LW. I think he should consider FW. His fight with Kevin Lee made him look like he was a BW. Granted Kevin Lee is one of the biggest LW.

Gillespie didn't back out of this fight over some extra pounds.

And that was a real disadvantage. And this fight shows he has what it takes to get to the top in the next couple of years.

adversity. Couldn’t get his game going. Was hurt bad. Kept at it repeatedly. The scrambles. And I thought Gillespie was the worse for the wear and he just kept at it.

Both guys put on a great fight. Gillespie was handicapped by Ferreira just not bothering the extra 6 lbs to cut.

that’s such a massive advantage and I didn’t think Gregor would overcome it. He’s a dog. Relentless. Bad positions scrambles.

that win will be massive for Gregor.

Dudes great. He’s an undersized lightweight but has none stop pressure.

Reactions: mkt
Great win by Gregor but I thought he didn't look like his dominant self on the ground. He's usually a beast on top, and once he gets his hooks in, he's not coming off. This time not so much.

Gillespie didn't back out of this fight over some extra pounds.

I think its notable though, something has got to change.

To be nearly 5lbs over weight in the 155lbs division is a joke. Honestly it shouldn't even be sanctioned. The system currently favors weight cheaters. It is a HUGE advantage and would have been a disgrace if Gregor lost tonight.

Purse forfeiture to your opponent needs to be a sliding scale and this will solve the problem overnight:

30% purse - 1lbs
40% purse - 2lbs
50% purse - 3lbs

If its >4lbs, there should not be a fight. If you win while fighting overweight, you should be excluded by contract from your next fight being a title shot.

I respect Gregor for taking it, he's been on the shelf so long he probably felt he had no choice, but things need to change.

I think its notable though, something has got to change.

To be nearly 5lbs over weight in the 155lbs division is a joke. Honestly it shouldn't even be sanctioned. The system currently favors weight cheaters. It is a HUGE advantage and would have been a disgrace if Gregor lost tonight.

Purse forfeiture to your opponent needs to be a sliding scale and this will solve the problem overnight:

30% purse - 1lbs
40% purse - 2lbs
50% purse - 3lbs

If its >4lbs, there should not be a fight. If you win while fighting overweight, you should be excluded by contract from your next fight being a title shot.

I respect Gregor for taking it, he's been on the shelf so long he probably felt he had no choice, but things need to change.
This. Completely agree.
Even if a fighter knows they'll miss weight they'll still come in just to get the show/win money even with the 30% cut.

I would drop a like but, I ran out.

Back