Gregor gillepsie

joey gerbils

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Why hasn't this guy fought again since the headkick loss? He should have rebounded strong by now...

Whats going on?

Not sure how much his heart was in it before the devastating loss.

He and Gaethje are Khabibs toughest matchups.

Rumors have it that his soul is still trying to navigate out of the shadow realm that fighter Kevin Lee put him into.
DiscreteFoolhardyEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif

It's tough to come back from a devastating loss like that, especially if you were undefeated before. Like the poster above me said if his heart wasn't 100 percent in fighting, it definitely won't be after this loss

He always takes a decent amount of time off between fights. It's not like he was fighting 4 times per year before the loss. Getting brutally KO'd certainly isn't gonna speed up his between fights process, not to mention the whole global pandemic situation which some fighters don't feel comfortable training/fighting during.

Just had a look at his IG, he has a lot fishing posts lately.

I guess that's what he's spending most of his time doing now.

He was never that active in the first place.

He fights at a weight class too high and out jabbed Lee before the ko. Got the better of the striking. Despite having a 6 inch reach disadvantage. Headkick ko can happen to anybody.
He's already 33 though, only has 14 fights and as a wrestler he will have a late prime, in which he actually should be right now.
2 more years, than it's going downhill. Too sad he never made it to the top.

I like him. I would like him back especially now that Duffy retired. would be a shame to lose a gregor too...
Kevin slept him badly though. Rematch hype if GG comes back with a win

well when you get hyped so hard that you believe you're unbeatable and then get KO'd by a guy who isn't known for his striking it tends to make you doubt the whole thing

some people don't have the fortitude to come back from that

well when you get hyped so hard that you believe you're unbeatable and then get KO'd by a guy who isn't known for his striking it tends to make you doubt the whole thing

I wouldnt say he believed his own hype, only shertards gave him that much hype. He seems pretty humble.

He should fight Cerrone, see if he's still vulnerable to head kicks.

When was he ever hyped so hard or thought he was unbeatable? He always seems humble and respectful in interviews, even about a POS like Conor.

Whatever hype he had was justified. He was 6-0 sith 5 finishes in the UFC

If he has anything left, hes a clear favorite over Islam.

Seriously? I think Islam is better everywhere. But they are next to each other in the rankings, and both would be a good name on each other's resume, I'd like to see it. That is, if Gillespie is still serious about fighting.

Back