Greg Jackson: Success Breeds Criticism

People loved Chute Boxe, they love Nog's gym. Success isn't the reason they hatin' greggy.

He wins and that is all that matters. The only way to fix a boring fight is to learn not to get taken down and beat his guys which noone can do. Why would he have his fighters fight a more inefficient way where his fighters could get hurt and not earn a title or money when he can teach them how to win. People just hate cuz noone can beat his fighters.

Mayweather is super boring but he wins. How come noone hates on that?

Seriously? Jones is champ...Cerrone is a contender, Cub Swanson is on fire....Condit is close, sounds like a joke to me....but it's not Jackson....

I think you are missing the point. It is not all about winning.

most successful?

GSP is a tri-star fighter.

So JOnes.. and then?

Black House is far more successful and you never hear anyone complain about them.

so your telling me you dont hear peeps hating on the nogs being old and hating on silva being co.cky and all that

what about the black belt in a week comments.

get outta here dude..

everyone that is successful gets hated on.

tbh i dont even know the head trainers name from black house.

haters gonna hate.

the most successful camp is also the most hated.

pretty standard everywhere in every sport

No it's not? It's not even nearly the case in MMA. How long have you been watching the sport?

Historically the most dominant / best fighters are loved the most. JDS? Fedor? Silva? GSP? Iceman? Saku? Gracie? Etc, etc, etc. What about Ali, Tyson? Sugar Ray? These people are revered for the most part, and the only time they got real social backlash is when they did something that was ridiculous. Their performances never warranted hate, it was their actions outside of their performances.

Matt Hughes got some flak, and guess what? It was for his attitude and personality. It wasn't for his absolute domination of the WW division. To make some blanket statement that it's just "dominant champions who warrant hate" is not only statistically inaccurate, it's just plain ignorant and biased.

You guys have blinders on, huuuuuge blinders.

Mayweather is super boring but he wins. How come noone hates on that?

lots of peeps hate on mayweather.

im a mayweather fan and i hate on him dodging people.

Jackson's awesome, much respect.

Most of the criticisms aimed in his direction are demonstrably false, but people are really stubborn. Someone can say something that is incorrect, you can show them how they were incorrect in a way that cannot be refuted, and they will continue to make the same statement, time and time again.

Jackson is one of the best guys to have in your corner, period. Seeing how differently he interacts with each of his fighters (depending on what they need from him) blows my mind. His speech to Condit before the third round against MacDonald was 100% pure, unadulterated awesome.

most successful?

GSP is a tri-star fighter.

So JOnes.. and then?

Black House is far more successful and you never hear anyone complain about them.

He trains at tristar but greg puts his plan together and coaches him.

People loved Chute Boxe, they love Nog's gym. Success isn't the reason they hatin' greggy.

No, they're hating on him over some overblown sense that he's a sport-destroying literal
Antichrist that turns everyone he touches into cowards and ******s. The whole point is that people have this tendency of serial exaggeration toward anything Jackson or his fighters do to the point people literally think the only way that Jackson fighters get finishes or can be not-boring is to ignore Jackson like a pariah or something.

Chute Box and Team Quest and MFS and Hammerhouse were not hated by fans when they were on top. Jackson's team is disliked by a lot of fans for his interpretation of Mma, which although wins under the current rules and scoring system, lacks in entertainment value. Add to that him admonishing Jones not to fight Sonnen at lhw on short notice, and he ventured into the ridiculous.

Not as many "fans" around to criticize when those camps that you mentioned were on "top".

Like he stated, none of us are in his shoes, and none of us stand to lose what he or his fighters stand to lose if they make decisions that aren't practical for them.

Everyone that isn't in the MMA business that complains about Jackson and his "style" (which is a misnomer because he trains multiple fighters with different styles) is just a spoiled brat "fan" that has ridiculous expectations.

No it's not? It's not even nearly the case in MMA. How long have you been watching the sport?

Historically the most dominant / best fighters are loved the most. JDS? Fedor? Silva? GSP? Iceman? Saku? Gracie? Etc, etc, etc. What about Ali, Tyson? Sugar Ray? These people are revered for the most part, and the only time they got real social backlash is when they did something that was ridiculous. Their performances never warranted hate, it was their actions outside of their performances.

Matt Hughes got some flak, and guess what? It was for his attitude and personality. It wasn't for his absolute domination of the WW division. To make some blanket statement that it's just "dominant champions who warrant hate" is not only statistically inaccurate, it's just plain ignorant and biased.

You guys have blinders on, huuuuuge blinders.

your retarded. i can find you a thread right now hating on JDS gettin beat by cain , hatin on the comp that fedor fought and how co.cky silva is. and lots of people hate tyson for being a thug. and go talk to foreman fans about ali or hagler fans about sugar ray.

your dumb

No, they're hating on him over some overblown sense that he's a sport-destroying literal
Antichrist that turns everyone he touches into cowards and ******s.

Donald Cerrone probably wouldn't appreciate that remark...

lots of peeps hate on mayweather.

im a mayweather fan and i hate on him dodging people.

Mayweather gots a "ton" of a hate, you know? Still does. And for precisely the same reasons Jones gets hate. Cocky, rude, arrogant, entitled and doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself and circle around him. He's a little diva, Dana said it best.

The only reason I tolerate and watch Jones is because of his amazing performances, I love watching the guy fight and he's one of the most dominant athletes of all time. I always praise Jones and his abilities, I've even sided with the people saying he's going to clean house at HW. My reasons for disliking Jones is because of what I said above, and quite frankly, what every reasonable adult (who isn't milking him as a cash cow) would agree on.

your retarded. i can find you a thread right now hating on JDS gettin beat by cain , hatin on the comp that fedor fought and how co.cky silva is. and lots of people hate tyson for being a thug. and go talk to foreman fans about ali or hagler fans about sugar ray.

your dumb

It's not even comparable, every fighter has people who give them flak, but whats happening with Jones in the MMA community (his peers, his fans, the consumers of the sport and even owners of the Org) is not even fucking comparable to the people you mentioned. Even Jones Coach, here and now, is having to do damage control and mini-press releases to try and clean up Jones image.

And it's you'RE dumb / retarded, etc. You're leaving out the 'are'.

Everyone that isn't in the MMA business that complains about Jackson and his "style" (which is a misnomer because he trains multiple fighters with different styles) is just a spoiled brat "fan" that has ridiculous expectations.

This is what gets me too. This idea that there is one demonstrable "Jackson Style" that solely consists of running and weak ineffectual strikes. Again, that weird and frustrating sort of serial exaggeration of how 'sport-killing' Jackson and his camp really is, no matter what they do..

your dumb

Pot, meet kettle.

But I would add the real lack of integrity would be imposing your own arbitrary, baseless moral code on the men who do this to put food on their table. Its their sport. Not yours. You pay to watch them fight, then you vilify them if they don't live up to your fantasy code of MMA Right and Wrong. Talk about the sport not getting respect? Try showing a little empathy for those who are risking their lives as part of your entertainment. If the fans started treating fighters like humans instead looking to tear them to the ground at anything they perceive as a misstep, maybe the sport would get more respect.

Oh, the irony...

Irrational, and let me add unfounded, criticism.

Back