greg jackson "sonnen will be a tougher fight than people think"

Firstly, if you don't watch the fights on TUF I really don't believe you can honestly call yourself an MMA fan.

Secondly, yes Sonnen will make this the fight. He will be the first guy Jones has fought who will actively try to take him down the whole fight.

I get what this guys saying. I watch MMA from all around the world and I do watch TUF.

However it's the logic of a dummy and is incredibly narrow minded. You don't have to watch TUF to 'honestly call yourself an MMA fan.' are you even serious haha?

Firstly, if you don't watch the fights on TUF I really don't believe you can honestly call yourself an MMA fan.

Secondly, yes Sonnen will make this the fight. He will be the first guy Jones has fought who will actively try to take him down the whole fight.

lol at the cult like attitudes of some mma fans

I think Jackson is looking at it from the perspective of someone who actually has to put the work to get the job done. You know that Jones and team Jackson are going to come into the fight ready to destroy Jon Jones, but it is different for fans who just show up and watch the outcome without seeing how much hard work goes into it.

I would like to issue a warning to Greg, Dana, Joe Silva, Jon Jones, and Chael Sonnen right now....

I spot work....Don't even think about it.

I understand the narrative that's being marketed and carried into 2013....Don't even try it.

Sorry people, but if you're averse to watching a tournament where the winner will fight in the UFC, and where its winners have historically produced UFC contenders, then I'm really not sure how you can call yourself a fan of fighting.

Music is genre specific. But it would be the equivalent of someone saying, "I like MMA, but I never watch Ben Askren fights because I don't like the way he fights." Such a person would also not be a fan of MMA.

stop the takedown and you stop sonnen.

what's so hard about that?

Yes, and if you aren't interested in the upcoming Phish concert at MSG, I honestly don't believe you can call yourself a music fan.

:rolleyes:

You must like every band, song, and genre to be a fan of music. And every movie to like movies. Shit logic is shit.

not synonymous.

Conversely if you only watch tuf fights you are a tuf noob and not a true fan

It sound like Jackson's trying to make Jones' more than likely win over Sonnen, legitimate.

The Gangster will win vs. Jonny Bones. Just look at Uncle Chael's wrestling accomplishments. Jonny Bones has nothing for Master Chael.

I hate when people do this. Use "credentials" outside of MMA as the basis of why someone will win. So what Chael Sonnen is a D-1 NCAA All-American. Dan Henderson has olympic level wrestling credentials. But all that matters is what they've done inside of the realm of MMA.

Jon Jones has some of the best MMA wrestling in the sport today, and he was only a JUCO champion. GSP is regarded as the best wrestler in all of MMA today, and he has NO credentials in wrestling outside of MMA. So again, credentials outside of MMA don't matter. All they say about you is that you are good enough to beat people under a extremely narrow and restrictive form of fighting under a certain rule set.

Jones by early submission if this fight goes longer than 2 1/2 rounds Jones is drunk.

Anyone who thinks Sonnen has a chance is fucking bonkers.

/ thread

cheal is a joke and is getting a title shot at the lhw belt having not won a single fucking fight in the ufc at 205

rnd 1 shit kicking

Sorry people, but if you're averse to watching a tournament where the winner will fight in the UFC, and where its winners have historically produced UFC contenders, then I'm really not sure how you can call yourself a fan of fighting.

Music is genre specific. But it would be the equivalent of someone saying, "I like MMA, but I never watch Ben Askren fights because I don't like the way he fights." Such a person would also not be a fan of MMA.

OMG you're such a hardcore fan...Everyone who watched MMA prior to TUF was just wannabes.

If watching a soap opera with 90% drama and 10% fighting is your thing then whatever but don't judge others.

And you do realize that usually the argument is the opposite of your opinion right? Usually "TUF" fans are labeled those who just started watching and have no clue that MMA has existed a long time.

Jones is gonna fight Sonnen with all he's got with a coach like Greg calling chael stiff competition. Bad news for Sonnen.

Jones via rd 1 tko taps due to strikes

Firstly, if you don't watch the fights on TUF I really don't believe you can honestly call yourself an MMA fan.[/B]

can you seriously say shit like that with a straight face? Because I don't watch TUF and I do consider myself to be a fan, and I couldn't care less if you don't think that makes me a "real fan".. I'm also a big hockey fan, have played it since I was five years old, so almost 2 decades now and followed it as well for all that time, but I don't watch the QMJHL, WHL, OHL etc. so I guess I'm not a real fan of those either.. What a joke

what about people who want to watch other sports as well, or have lives and be somewhat productive individuals instead of watching every possible thing mma, all the time? you never see other sport fans saying if you don't watch all levels of the sport you are somehow less of a fan, or not a real fan. It's a tired concept on a tired show and the ratings are shit for a reason

Back