***Greg Jackson removed from Jon Jones' corner @ UFC 165! [With AUDIO]***

Thanks for the vid CS, stupid rule

Stupid rule? Youre an idiot. Why dont they just let 50 people be in his corner then? Or maybe he should have his family in his corner, too. Oh yeah..and his neighbors! ....fool.

Stupid rule? Youre an idiot. Why dont they just let 50 people be in his corner then? Or maybe he should have his family in his corner, too. Oh yeah..and his neighbors! ....fool.

In a title fight under most athletic commissions you are allowed 4 corner men. It's just miscommunication but bullshit he couldn't swap out with somebody.

He wasn't offering much anyway. he just kept saying "Johnny BONES Jones, Bones Jones!". Super annoying.

What's interesting about this to me is that during Jones' walk-in, I noticed Jones pretty clearly acting rejective towards Greg.
Greg was trying to give Jones the mouthpiece and Jones was ignoring him completely for the longest time possible. It seemed pretty clear to me like Jones was irritated by Greg in some way.
Hearing this drama after the fight makes a little too much sense with that live observation I had to be a complete coincidence.

That actually explains a lot. Not making excuses but losing a guy like Jackson in the middle of your title fight would mess with anyone.

Nope. But you have to have a mature attitude toward the rules. How rules are applied matters. Clearly there was some sort of misunderstanding between the commission and Jones' corner. Possibly some paper work wasn't filled out correctly. Instead of straightening out the misunderstanding in a sensible way, the commission's representative acted like a martinet.

None of us know the details of what precisely went wrong, but you and a few others seem to reflexively give the commission the benefit of the doubt of handling things correctly. In my experience, that is foolishness. I've never been a Greg Jackson fan, but I would certainly give him the respect of being a consummate professional.

One party knew the rules.... The other party did not.

You can argue till your black and blue about what is right and what is wrong. The fact is, your opinion, counts for naught.

Why dont they accept someone who comes in half a pound over weight? I mean, half a pound is nothing.... Its not even a can of coke.
But then, the next guy comes in one pound over... And the next is one and a half pounds over.... And the issue gets worse because a precedence was set.

Rules are not made for a reason, if you dont want to play by them, dont play at all.

Back