***Greg Jackson removed from Jon Jones' corner @ UFC 165! [With AUDIO]***

Yeah apparently there were 4 people on the list, Greg being the 4th, and they decided only to take the first 3 since the commission there only allows 3 cornermen.

What I don't get is how such a reputable team didn't know about the commission's rules. Must not have been told about the rule.

They probably just got tired of hearing his annoying ass "coaching".

But seriously that is pretty crazy.

I caught this too. Not that big of a deal, imo. He was still outside the cage, just right behind Jones screaming advise to Jones.

That's pretty odd. I hope one of the major mma media sites picks up on this and asks some questions.

I caught this too. Not that big of a deal, imo. He was still outside the cage, just right behind Jones screaming advise to Jones.

No he wasn't. That was only after round 1. He was gone for the others.

How do you administer the fight business and not recognize Jackson?

How do you administer the fight business and not recognize Jackson?

Probably only allowed the first three on the list to stay. Either way only 3 cornermen are allowed so obviously Jackson's team screwed up.

I wonder how different that fight could have been if Greg gave Jones advices. I was so excited between the rounds that I didn't even notice that Jackson wasn't there.

I imagine not as bad as if his stand up coach was removed since it was mainly stand up.

Last edited:
So which 3 stayed in his corner.

Stitch, Beady eye & ?

The thing I don't get is that Jones fought in Toronto just last year and nothing like this happened. Did Ontario's commission recently have a rule change or something?

No he wasn't. That was only after round 1. He was gone for the others.
Yeah, I think you're right. Now that you mentioned it, I only remember him being behind Jones in the 1st round. Thanks for the correction.

Question: If he was the fourth man in Jones's corner, and the commission only allows three... did the commission ask one man to leave and Jackson volunteered? Or after the excessive vaseline application on Jones's eyebrow did they ask him to leave?

Question: If he was the fourth man in Jones's corner, and the commission only allows three... did the commission ask one man to leave and Jackson volunteered? Or after the excessive vaseline application on Jones's eyebrow did they ask him to leave?

ruh-roh

Not on the list?

miz42g.jpg

Yep. I understand they have rules, but they need to be applied with some sense.

If he was put down as last on the list, it would seem he would be first to be taken off it.... Makes sense.

Back